Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Locker, Luck, or Mallet? Or Pryor?

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Locker, Luck, or Mallet?

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:19 pm

JCoz wrote:Peek I guess my counter would be that 6-6" without those weaknesses should work too right?

Sure. Who we talking about?
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby JCoz » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:28 pm

peeker643 wrote:
JCoz wrote:Peek I guess my counter would be that 6-6" without those weaknesses should work too right?

No one I know, lol. ;-) ;) :wink:
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:35 pm

JCoz wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

No one I know, lol. ;-) ;) :wink:

:cheers:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Mon Sep 20, 2010 7:39 pm

aoxo1 wrote:It doesn't matter how good the DE is that you draft, if your QB sucks, even Reggie White can't help you that much.

In a vacuum, this is correct. But, Reggie White won't hurt you. Dan Mcgwire will. Are they going to the Super Bowl without a quality QB, no. But we're talking about not sucking. Baby steps. I'd rather take a 3rd round flier on a project, then burn a #1 on "makes all the throws".

Go ugly early, until you have enough uglys to win a street fight.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:12 pm

wiz1001 wrote:I am all in favor of SD's suggestion of bringing in Nate Davis, for the short term at least, if's it's workable...if only to put a dynamic athlete onto a roster that has so few of them.

SD:

Football is the same now as when Vince Lombardi succinctly coined the phrase .

""YOU WIN WITH PEOPLE ""

He wasn't thinking of jake Delhomme Barton Viekune and Chansi Stuckey
let alone weak sisters of the poor like Colt Mccoy when he was immortalizing the grail.

We have far too many Rudi's choir boys and ex Jets , no bad boys and no playmakers .

Nate is rough , but he can complete a 70yard bomb or break off a 60 yard run , and we don't have a signal caller that can do either.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby aoxo1 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:49 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:
aoxo1 wrote:It doesn't matter how good the DE is that you draft, if your QB sucks, even Reggie White can't help you that much.

In a vacuum, this is correct. But, Reggie White won't hurt you. Dan Mcgwire will. Are they going to the Super Bowl without a quality QB, no. But we're talking about not sucking. Baby steps. I'd rather take a 3rd round flier on a project, then burn a #1 on "makes all the throws".

Well for pete's sake, of course drafting a bust is going to be a waste. Is anyone here advocating they draft a QB just for the sake of drafting a QB?

Courtney Brown doesn't do you any favors either, FTR.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:18 pm

aoxo1 wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:

Well for pete's sake, of course drafting a bust is going to be a waste. Is anyone here advocating they draft a QB just for the sake of drafting a QB?

Wait a second. With the Browns drafting record maybe they SHOULD try to draft a QB bust. You're a genius.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:43 pm

Motherscratcher wrote:
aoxo1 wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:

Wait a second. With the Browns drafting record maybe they SHOULD try to draft a QB bust. You're a genius.

I don't think it works like that.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby smalls1129 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:45 pm

After Saturday, Luck has my vote by far. Athletic, with a good arm, running a pro offense. Only negative, same can be said of all the QB's at USC under Carrol and not all have panned out.
"Strangers passing in the street, by chances two separate glances meet and I am you and what I see his me."
smalls1129

Favorite Player: A-Cab
Least Favorite Player: Squire James

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:51 pm

smalls1129 wrote:After Saturday, Luck has my vote by far. Athletic, with a good arm, running a pro offense. Only negative, same can be said of all the QB's at USC under Carrol and not all have panned out.

SD:

Luck plays for Stanford and is coached by Harbaugh , although USC has a very good true Soph ,worthy of this discussion but alas ineligible for next years draft.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby smalls1129 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:01 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:
smalls1129 wrote:After Saturday, Luck has my vote by far. Athletic, with a good arm, running a pro offense. Only negative, same can be said of all the QB's at USC under Carrol and not all have panned out.

SD:

Luck plays for Stanford and is coached by Harbaugh , although USC has a very good true Soph ,worthy of this discussion but alas ineligible for next years draft.

SoulDawg

Was more referring to the NFL success of Carrol's QB's. Because there really weren't any on Saturday, what are Luck's weaknesses?
"Strangers passing in the street, by chances two separate glances meet and I am you and what I see his me."
smalls1129

Favorite Player: A-Cab
Least Favorite Player: Squire James

Unread postby noles1 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:09 pm

Put me fully on-board the Luck bandwagon. Been that way since last year.

Hell at this point, put my on board the Harbaugh-next coach bandwagon.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby Hikohadon » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:19 pm

Erie Warrior wrote:

Didn't we just do that?

Baby steps indeed.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:33 pm

smalls1129 wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

SD:

SoulDawg

Was more referring to the NFL success of Carrol's QB's. Because there really weren't any on Saturday, what are Luck's weaknesses?

SD:

Like finding flaws in Diamonds at this point .

The only thing separating him from the boys on Sunday is game experience.

His Dads pedigree gives him true bonafides.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby OldDawg » Mon Sep 20, 2010 10:54 pm

jfiling wrote:
bac5665 wrote:I'll take Luck. Not sure why, mostly no confidence in the other two.

But does it matter? Does anyone actually think that the Browns can draft a first round QB and not be a bust? When was the last QB we drafted to have a winning record in starts for the Browns? (I'm actually asking, cause I have no freaking clue.)

1985 Supplemental Draft, we took the QB from the University of Miami.

Yeah, but we didn't draft Bernie. He drafted us. He manipulated the whole thing so he would be a Brown. God bless the guy!
"The nose of the bulldog has been slanted backwards so that he can breathe without letting go." -- Winston Churchill
OldDawg

Favorite Player: Mark Price
Least Favorite Player: LePunk Jims

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:41 am

Michael Vick
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:01 am

Madre Hill, Superstar wrote:Michael Vick

Not the worst idea ever put forth by any means.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:53 am

hermanfontenot wrote:Not the worst idea ever put forth by any means.

Amazing its come to that, eh?

I just want to win now and not wait three-four years to see how badly the next franchise saviour will fuck things up.
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby jb » Tue Sep 21, 2010 8:05 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:
wiz1001 wrote:I am all in favor of SD's suggestion of bringing in Nate Davis, for the short term at least, if's it's workable...if only to put a dynamic athlete onto a roster that has so few of them.

SD:

""YOU WIN WITH PEOPLE ""

let alone weak sisters of the poor like Colt Mccoy when he was immortalizing the grail.

heyzeus man, I can deal with your rantings, but not when you mix up immortal quotes.

"You win with people" is from Woody fuckin' Hayes.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Woody_Hayes#Notable_quotes

http://www.amazon.com/You-win-people-Woody-Hayes/dp/B0006CC1DG

And BTW, Vince Lombardi built a dynasty on alike a 17th round draft pick he found sitting on the bench at QB. Woody played a 4th RB at QB for almost all of his career. Kern converted to S in the NFL.

Where is my head shaking icon, dammit?

Now I agree that if mangini is still here the franchise will undervalue QB's and as of now bama's marcell dareus looks the part of a mangini pick and I owuldn't cry about him, but stop disrepescting Woody you senile old coot.

Now business: This is still Sunday football. I don't care about Phipps, Couch or all the busts in the world. You give Mike Holmgren and John Gruden a shot at the helm, you gota go franchise QB prospect. Else pick another brain trust.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby bucknutz94 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 10:42 am

Hey, Uncle Rico coulda won state if the coach woulda put him in fourth quarter. Everyone knows that.
bucknutz94

Favorite Player: Billy Wood
Least Favorite Player: Jeff Downs

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Tue Sep 21, 2010 12:50 pm

jb wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

SD:

""YOU WIN WITH PEOPLE ""

heyzeus man, I can deal with your rantings, but not when you mix up immortal quotes.

And BTW, Vince Lombardi built a dynasty on alike a 17th round draft pick he found sitting on the bench at QB. Woody played a 4th RB at QB for almost all of his career. Kern converted to S in the NFL.

Now I agree that if mangini is still here the franchise will undervalue QB's and as of now bama's marcell dareus looks the part of a mangini pick and I owuldn't cry about him, but stop disrepescting Woody you senile old coot.

Now business: This is still Sunday football. I don't care about Phipps, Couch or all the busts in the world. You give Mike Holmgren and John Gruden a shot at the helm, you gota go franchise QB prospect. Else pick another brain trust.

SD:

JB make me the case where it makes sense for Gruden to come in here as the third banana .

The only reason Holmgren hasn't taken over is because of the fact we don't have a QB,

The only way we can get a franchise pick now after passing on both Freeman and the Sanchise is thru continuos suck .

Holmgren has a built in scapegoat and fall guy to blame for this soon to be epic losing season , and the horse is already stabled and saddled for him to come in on his shinny white Armor and save the day.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:30 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:
Holmgren has a built in scapegoat and fall guy to blame for this soon to be epic losing season , and the horse is already stabled and saddled for him to come in on his shinny white Armor and save the day.

SoulDawg

I think that may be the case here. Holmgren kept Mangini around so that he could have 2 offseasons instead of one to rebuild for either Chucky or himself. I'm just not quite as convinced yet as you are that he wants to step back in.

The only problem with the plan would be...what if the Browns win 7-8 games?
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby Hikohadon » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:33 pm

Motherscratcher wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

SoulDawg

I think that may be the case here. Holmgren kept Mangini around so that he could have 2 offseasons instead of one to rebuild for either Chucky or himself. I'm just not quite as convinced yet as you are that he wants to step back in.

The only problem with the plan would be...what if the Browns win 7-8 games?

That's why they kept Daboll around - to ensure that doesn't/can't happen.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby jb » Tue Sep 21, 2010 1:47 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:
jb wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

SD:

""YOU WIN WITH PEOPLE ""

SD:

JB make me the case where it makes sense for Gruden to come in here as the third banana .

The only reason Holmgren hasn't taken over is because of the fact we don't have a QB,

The only way we can get a franchise pick now after passing on both Freeman and the Sanchise is thru continuos suck .

SoulDawg

Could sure as shit see that hppening. Nt sayin' he set it up that way on purpose, but it could go down that way.

It was a win-win all along. tak ethis year to get his FO set up so he didn't hav eto fight a 2 front war and see if mangini sinks or swims. He swims and Mike's got a better job than Colt McCoy. Sinks and he's back doing what he loves.
jb

Unread postby jb » Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:34 am

Both Luck and Mallett are on national TV this saturday at 3:30 pm.

DVR and strat taking notes...
jb

Unread postby JCoz » Wed Sep 22, 2010 12:09 pm

jb wrote:Both Luck and Mallett are on national TV this saturday at 3:30 pm.

Against Bama no less. We will learn alot about both Malett and the rebuilt Bama defense (9 new starters)

First offense with a pulse this season for Bama.
JCoz

Unread postby jb » Wed Sep 22, 2010 1:59 pm

JCoz wrote:
jb wrote:Both Luck and Mallett are on national TV this saturday at 3:30 pm.

Against Bama no less. We will learn alot about both Malett and the rebuilt Bama defense (9 new starters)

First offense with a pulse this season for Bama.

Watch 57 on bama D .
jb

Unread postby JCoz » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:03 pm

Yeah Darius (sp) is a beast.

Might be the heaviest notable college DE I've seen in some time, listed at 306lbs right now.
JCoz

Unread postby jb » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:08 pm

JCoz wrote:Yeah Darius (sp) is a beast.

Might be the heaviest notable college DE I've seen in some time, listed at 306lbs right now.

Be the most perfect 3 - 4 DE pospect since Wilfork IMhO.

I [promise you he's a patriot next season and not a Brown. :-(
jb

Unread postby JCoz » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:10 pm

jb wrote:

The most perfect? Depends on what type of 3-4 I guess, but Clayborn and Heyward wouldn't be such bad consolation prizes for whoever gets them... ;-) ;) :wink:
JCoz

Unread postby jb » Wed Sep 22, 2010 2:14 pm

JCoz wrote:
jb wrote:

The most perfect? Depends on what type of 3-4 I guess, but Clayborn and Heyward wouldn't be such bad consolation prizes for whoever gets them... ;-) ;) :wink:

Wouldn't want Claybourn anywhere near a 3 - 4. Heyward can probably swing, but for a 3 - 4 give me the zuper fat assed athlete size.
jb

Unread postby JCoz » Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:23 pm

jb wrote:
JCoz wrote:
jb wrote:

Wouldn't want Claybourn anywhere near a 3 - 4. Heyward can probably swing, but for a 3 - 4 give me the zuper fat assed athlete size.

I can't pretend to have a deep knowledge of different 3-4 styles in the NFL, a cursory look at 3-4 rosters in the NFL would seem to indicate that the Cowboys, Pats, Jets, and baltimore agree with you, with maybe the Chargers and Steelers being possibly a little less rigid regarding the sheer mass of their 3-4 ends.
JCoz

Unread postby jb » Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:34 pm

JCoz wrote:
jb wrote:
JCoz wrote:
jb wrote:

I can't pretend to have a deep knowledge of different 3-4 styles in the NFL, a cursory look at 3-4 rosters in the NFL would seem to indicate that the Cowboys, Pats, Jets, and baltimore agree with you, with maybe the Chargers and Steelers being possibly a little less rigid regarding the sheer mass of their 3-4 ends.

And Mangina is a BB tree guy. They all like the super sized DLmen who can control mutiple gaps and collapse the OL. BTW - Love Clayborn and Heyword as players and prospects. Just not for a 3 - 4 for Clayborn.
jb

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sat Sep 25, 2010 4:51 pm

Not as a #1, but Greg McElroy is an interesting option. 3rd round maybe.
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby noles1 » Sat Sep 25, 2010 5:22 pm

Hate that Notre Dame sucks so much...

Cannot get nearly a good enough read on Luck but I will say this. Guy knows how to look defenders off and seems to have a terrific grasp of the offense and where the reads and ball needs to go.

Will be flipping over to Bama-Arkansas to get a look at Mallet now.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:01 pm

noles1 wrote:Will be flipping over to Bama-Arkansas to get a look at Mallet now.

Forced a lot of throws in the 2nd half (not much help from his WR/RBs). Not sure how well he reads a D.
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Unread postby BruceK » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:03 pm

Not Mallet
BruceK
BJKResearch.com

Favorite Player: Reggie Dunlop
Least Favorite Player: Ogie Oglethorpe

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:33 pm

Some horrible decision-making from Mallet in the last few minutes of that game.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z

Unread postby leadpipe » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:35 pm

hermanfontenot wrote:Some horrible decision-making from Mallet in the last few minutes of that game.

He sure did "DA" a few.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:36 pm

I don't think i've ever seen an attempt to throw the ball away picked off..
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself

Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Sat Sep 25, 2010 7:57 pm

hermanfontenot wrote:Some horrible decision-making from Mallet in the last few minutes of that game.

He reminded me of Colt McCoy
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
Fire Marshall Bill

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:23 am

There's one choice.

Your eyes and common sense ain't lying.

One choice no matter what the spin doctors say between now and April.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 9:02 am

peeker643 wrote:There's one choice.

Your eyes and common sense ain't lying.

One choice no matter what the spin doctors say between now and April.

SD:

Actually the best three Options are Luck Pryor and Moore out of Boise State .

Mallet is soft as tissue paper sees the rush and can't throw the ball on the move .

Locker is DA redux big strong and stoopid .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:05 am

I'm not convinced that Pryor is going to come out yet. I guess we'll have to see how the season plays out. Luck seems like far and away the best bet out of those 3 SD. Although Pryor probably has the most upside, he has great potential to crash and burn.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:21 am

Motherscratcher wrote:I'm not convinced that Pryor is going to come out yet. I guess we'll have to see how the season plays out. Luck seems like far and away the best bet out of those 3 SD. Although Pryor probably has the most upside, he has great potential to crash and burn.

SD:

With the uncertainty of the CBA both Luck and Pryor could return for their Senior year
which would then leave Moore as our best option ( if we change over to the WCO as anticapted )even though he's a lefty and might be closer to a late 1st early second round talent .

Under that scenario we draft one of the top D lineman first add Moore , and
re-join the Luck Pryor hunt and debate again in 2012, with both guys having a
another year of work to add to the discussion.

At this point there is no question Luck is the more refined performer ,
Harbaugh is a tremendous coach(worthy of consideration as a Browns HC IMO) and

Pryor is a pure phenom although far from a finished project.

His physical talent is unsurpassed in both College and the Pros right now,

But we know all too well after seeing the Lebron failure its still about the intangibles.

An undefeated season and National Championship would cover a multitude of sins.

SoulDawg

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:39 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:But we know all too well after seeing the Lebron failure its still about the intangibles.

SoulDawg

SoulDawg

Why would an undefeated season and a NC make Pryor a better pro? Is it similar to how it made Dorsey, Krenzel and Tebow better NFL QBs?

Not agreeing with that thought SD.

As to Locker/DA comparisons, if DA was half the athlete Locker is DA would be, well, much more athletic. Unfortunately I think DA may be a more accurate passer than Locker. ;-) ;) :wink: Unless Locker is compensating for a really, really shitty supporting cast this season.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:11 am

peeker643 wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:But we know all too well after seeing the Lebron failure its still about the intangibles.

SoulDawg

SoulDawg

Why would an undefeated season and a NC make Pryor a better pro? Is it similar to how it made Dorsey, Krenzel and Tebow better NFL QBs?

Not agreeing with that thought SD.

As to Locker/DA comparisons, if DA was half the athlete Locker is DA would be, well, much more athletic. Unfortunately I think DA may be a more accurate passer than Locker. ;-) ;) :wink: Unless Locker is compensating for a really, really shitty supporting cast this season.

SD:

INTANGIBLES , that extra something something which can't be defined .
Found in Champions guys who get it done in the Clutch when the pressure is greatest , by any means necessary .

You can debate the differences between locker and Da and the rest , not interested .

Luck and Pryor are the premiere top two Pro talents .

Different skill sets different levels of refinement but both with Championship type intangibles.

I could see either one leading the Browns to Championships properly supported with the
players and offensive scheme which compliments their abilities.

Not looking for good , I want a Great talent and both of those guys fit the bill.

SoulDawg

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby peeker643 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:24 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:SD:

Found in Champions guys who get it done in the Clutch when the pressure is greatest , by any means necessary .

You can debate the differences between locker and Da and the rest , not interested .

Different skill sets different levels of refinement but both with Championship type intangibles.

I could see either one leading the Browns to Championships properly supported with the

Not looking for good , I want a Great talent and both of those guys fit the bill.

SoulDawg

SoulDawg

Again, I understand the intangibles part. But I don't see Pryor in the same league with Luck right now from a TANGIBLE standpoint. His motion needs work, his drops need work. He's still too long and loopy to the release.

NC ain't gonna change that any more than it did for Tebow and any more than intangibles made Krenzel and Dorsey's tangibles any better.

Physically Pryor has it all over those guys, no doubt. But throwing the football accurately and efficiently? Man, I'd put him behind all three of the guys we're talking about if you're looking at just that. Again, he's got time to grow and improve if he stays. But he's not close enough to a finished product to choose over Luck, Locker or Mallett in 2011 draft. And those guys being there this year is one more reason I think he stays for his senior year. Get rid of draft competiton and let the NFL CBA issue resolve.

YMMV

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:39 am

peeker643 wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:SD:

SoulDawg

SoulDawg

Again, I understand the intangibles part. But I don't see Pryor in the same league with Luck right now from a TANGIBLE standpoint. His motion needs work, his drops need work. He's still too long and loopy to the release.

NC ain't gonna change that any more than it did for Tebow and any more than intangibles made Krenzel and Dorsey's tangibles any better.

Physically Pryor has it all over those guys, no doubt. But throwing the football accurately and efficiently? Man, I'd put him behind all three of the guys we're talking about if you're looking at just that. Again, he's got time to grow and improve if he stays. But he's not close enough to a finished product to choose over Luck, Locker or Mallett in 2011 draft. And those guys being there this year is one more reason I think he stays for his senior year. Get rid of draft competiton and let the NFL CBA issue resolve.

YMMV

SD:

My mileage does vary on this one .

Agree he's not more finished than Luck which makes Luck top dog , disagree that
still doesn't set him in a league apart from the rest , because I rate both superior to the rest of the field .

They are both hard boiled eggs developing a snipers view of their opponents

Because of that killer type instinct ,Pryor and Luck are the top dogs In my Book all others are also rans .

Don't get me wrong the other guys you mentioned aren't chopped liver , but they
aren't the creme delle creme monsters I see in these two.

Think Bird and Magic in the same draft class , you can win with either of them.
The skillset physical athletic contrast analogy fits .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby JCoz » Sun Sep 26, 2010 12:02 pm

Pryor is at most a 15% probability to go Pro. That's based on him saying multiple times that he is staying, and that his scouting sheet will come back and wont be a glowing Pro review IMO.

Not really much point discussing him vs Luck until he declares.
JCoz

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL