Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Locker, Luck, or Mallet? Or Pryor?

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Locker, Luck, or Mallet? Or Pryor?

Unread postby Loo » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:23 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
Loo wrote: I'd be very happy with Mallet in this year's draft inside the top 5.

After 3 years, I don't think you would still be very happy. Sorry Loo, the guy has "statue with a long release and poor mechnics" written all over him.

I haven't seen him much. I'll never act like I know more than I know. But I love his arm and I didn't mind his release. Ok, he won't move in the pocket, that's true. Out of the three guys, I'd take Mallet--but that's only off of what I've read--still haven't even seen Luck play (can't wait for Saturday).

I'm just not in the school of thought that Pryor's freak athletic abilities will translate to an NFL QB worthy of that high a pick (not saying he won't go that high, but I'd pass). Love his touch, but he throws too many balls where he should have put more on it or thrown it away. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but 4-5 throws a game I think "that's a sure-fire pick in the NFL." He's an awesome talent and if he could be more consistent he'd be great--but I don't think his game translates as much as everyone hopes. Also why I think he needs to stay a year (and hope since I'm a Buckeye fan).
mmm, this is, a tasty burger!
Loo

Favorite Player: Josh Willingham
Least Favorite Player: Josh Willingham

Re: Locker, Luck, or Mallet?

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:28 pm

JCoz wrote:Let's lay some ground rules about injuries and such, I will certainly take this bet.

What is your thoughts on stake? Striaght cash is kind of boring but whatevs. If the other stuff gets ironed out I have at the minimum one 50 spot/the equivalent to put on it.

Of course. Injury will negate the bet.

Don't know about the stakes. $50 would be fine with me, but it seems we should be able to be more creative than that.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby JCoz » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:41 pm

Loo wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:

After 3 years, I don't think you would still be very happy. Sorry Loo, the guy has "statue with a long release and poor mechnics" written all over him.

I haven't seen him much. I'll never act like I know more than I know. But I love his arm and I didn't mind his release. Ok, he won't move in the pocket, that's true. Out of the three guys, I'd take Mallet--but that's only off of what I've read--still haven't even seen Luck play (can't wait for Saturday).

I'm just not in the school of thought that Pryor's freak athletic abilities will translate to an NFL QB worthy of that high a pick (not saying he won't go that high, but I'd pass). Love his touch, but he throws too many balls where he should have put more on it or thrown it away. Maybe I'm reading too much into it, but 4-5 throws a game I think "that's a sure-fire pick in the NFL." He's an awesome talent and if he could be more consistent he'd be great--but I don't think his game translates as much as everyone hopes. Also why I think he needs to stay a year (and hope since I'm a Buckeye fan).

Big dif between believing he will be a successful NFL QB (and I'd bet you have a laundry list of ones you KNEW would be good and weren't), and believing he will be drafted high.
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element

Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Unread postby JCoz » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:44 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
JCoz wrote:Let's lay some ground rules about injuries and such, I will certainly take this bet.

What is your thoughts on stake? Striaght cash is kind of boring but whatevs. If the other stuff gets ironed out I have at the minimum one 50 spot/the equivalent to put on it.

Don't know about the stakes. $50 would be fine with me, but it seems we should be able to be more creative than that.

I agree, so lets try to get some idea's for stakes, I will think of some and post them when I do.

Also maybe just a bit more leeway on the spread?, I think top 12 is a bit better, and still well before the late 1st Rd flyers and people trading up from the 2nd.
JCoz

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:50 pm

JCoz wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

I agree, so lets try to get some idea's for stakes, I will think of some and post them when I do.

Also maybe just a bit more leeway on the spread?, I think top 12 is a bit better, and still well before the late 1st Rd flyers and people trading up from the 2nd.

How about - the loser has 1 hour to eat 100 peeps.
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby JCoz » Wed Sep 29, 2010 6:55 pm

Motherscratcher wrote:
JCoz wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

How about - the loser has 1 hour to eat 100 peeps.

Every joke you make is 2x as funny as it would be without that avatar.
JCoz

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:07 pm

JCoz wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

Peeps (blech!) been saying Top 5 for Pryor, so my thought was that Top 10 was the leeway?

Also, along with injury, we should have it that the bet is negated if Pryor doesn't come out for the 2011 draft. He might very well go in the Top 10 in 2012 if he continues to develop.

100 peeps in an hour... I'll take the bullet, please.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby JCoz » Wed Sep 29, 2010 7:22 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
JCoz wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

Peeps (blech!) been saying Top 5 for Pryor, so my thought was that Top 10 was the leeway?

Also, along with injury, we should have it that the bet is negated if Pryor doesn't come out for the 2011 draft. He might very well go in the Top 10 in 2012 if he continues to develop.

100 peeps in an hour... I'll take the bullet, please.

Top 5 would almost have to be first QB off the board, which is like a snowballs chance in hell if he comes out this season.

We'll stick with top 10 in that case.

I would never bet on him being the #1 QB off the board in 2011.
JCoz

Unread postby Loo » Wed Sep 29, 2010 8:50 pm

JCoz wrote:
Loo wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:

Big dif between believing he will be a successful NFL QB (and I'd bet you have a laundry list of ones you KNEW would be good and weren't), and believing he will be drafted high.

A) No, I don't have any QB's I thought would be good. I don't claim to do that. I don't claim "Oh I knew he'd be great" unless there's proof. I know they (Mallet, Locker, Luck, Pryor) all have their flaws, but Pryor's might be fatal. Unless he improves his throwing motion quite a bit and stops wasting 4-5 throws every week, I wouldn't touch him.
B) Please look at what I've said throughout this thread. I think Pryor will go high (but not top 5 if it's this year). My negativity towards Pryor is that I wouldn't take him in the top 35-40 picks. He'll go in the first round for sure, but I don't see him going that high or being that good in the pros. Top 5 with those three QB's ahead of him? No way. First round? Yes, but "I" wouldn't take him.
Loo

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Sep 29, 2010 9:42 pm

Loo - there's nobody that you thought would be good coming out of college? Ever? I'm curious as to what you mean by needing "proof". Could you explain what you mean by that a little more? I mean, If you need some kind of proof that someone will be good in the NFL, what's the point in even talking about it, because there is no such thing as proof as far as I know.

Personally, I thought Cade McNown was going to be a stud. I'm not sure why, but I liked him the best out of that class.

I also thought Eric Zeier was going to pan out ans be a great QB.

You don't have any guys like that?
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:21 am

Loo wrote:
JCoz wrote:
Loo wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:

A) No, I don't have any QB's I thought would be good. I don't claim to do that. I don't claim "Oh I knew he'd be great" unless there's proof. I know they (Mallet, Locker, Luck, Pryor) all have their flaws, but Pryor's might be fatal. Unless he improves his throwing motion quite a bit and stops wasting 4-5 throws every week, I wouldn't touch him.
B) Please look at what I've said throughout this thread. I think Pryor will go high (but not top 5 if it's this year). My negativity towards Pryor is that I wouldn't take him in the top 35-40 picks. He'll go in the first round for sure, but I don't see him going that high or being that good in the pros. Top 5 with those three QB's ahead of him? No way. First round? Yes, but "I" wouldn't take him.

Loo what I meant was I'm sure you have thought to yourself a few times "this QB will be good" and he wasn't. Not really talking about you claiming credit.

I just assume that you like me have been dead wrong about NFL prospects before.

I thought Leinart would be a good pro for sure, for instance.
JCoz

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Sep 30, 2010 9:23 am

Motherscratcher wrote:Loo - there's nobody that you thought would be good coming out of college? Ever? I'm curious as to what you mean by needing "proof". Could you explain what you mean by that a little more? I mean, If you need some kind of proof that someone will be good in the NFL, what's the point in even talking about it, because there is no such thing as proof as far as I know.

Personally, I thought Cade McNown was going to be a stud. I'm not sure why, but I liked him the best out of that class.

Beat me to it
JCoz

Unread postby Loo » Thu Sep 30, 2010 11:10 am

Motherscratcher wrote:Loo - there's nobody that you thought would be good coming out of college? Ever? I'm curious as to what you mean by needing "proof". Could you explain what you mean by that a little more? I mean, If you need some kind of proof that someone will be good in the NFL, what's the point in even talking about it, because there is no such thing as proof as far as I know.

Yeah what I was saying is I've never claimed to say "I knew he'd be good."

JCoz wrote:
Loo wrote:
JCoz wrote:
Loo wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:

Loo what I meant was I'm sure you have thought to yourself a few times "this QB will be good" and he wasn't. Not really talking about you claiming credit.

I just assume that you like me have been dead wrong about NFL prospects before.

I thought Leinart would be a good pro for sure, for instance.

I'd have to look at older drafts to remind myself (I'm trying to study for an exam but fantasy football is getting in the way), but not many come to mind. I didn't think Sanchez would be as good as he's become in NY, and I really thought Flacco would be a huge, huge bust. Whoops.
Loo

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Sep 30, 2010 1:01 pm

Been reading this thread and thinking about a QB in this year's draft a lot this week, and the more I think the more I say without question it is Luck (out of these 3 in this thread).

Mallet is OK, but IMO he has more holes than Luck and lacks the intangibles that Luck has, besides seemingly shitting the bed in 2-3 pretty big occasions in the last 2 seasons.

Locker, well Locker is just a really good white flag football player, enough said.

Luck seems to have a lot of what is needed, a lot of what we want, and more importantly ma lot of what McCoy doesn't. But Colt's mom is better looking than Bubby Brister's so he has that going for him.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby pod2dawg » Fri Oct 01, 2010 10:36 am

Luck. :thumb up:
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Sat Oct 02, 2010 10:26 pm

Into the 3rd quarter of the Stan/ Ore game. If I've got to go QB #1, Luck is it. Kid can play under center. Arm looks pretty good as well.

And bring in Harbaugh. What's the worst that can happen, they lose games?
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer

Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:50 am

Erie Warrior wrote:Into the 3rd quarter of the Stan/ Ore game. If I've got to go QB #1, Luck is it. Kid can play under center. Arm looks pretty good as well.

SD:

While the team didn't win the game , Luck did nothing to take away from the rating in which I clearly had him over all other comers if you had to choose a QB tomorrow.

He has great pocket sense buys time in the pocket and when he has to bail out has good flat out foot speed,

He's very comfortable running that Pro style set of Harbaughs which makes that Kindergarden crap Treesel has Pryor executing look like a model T vs the space shuttle.

Two best talents by far regardless of system .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Oct 03, 2010 10:58 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:
Erie Warrior wrote:Into the 3rd quarter of the Stan/ Ore game. If I've got to go QB #1, Luck is it. Kid can play under center. Arm looks pretty good as well.

SD:

While the team didn't win the game , Luck did nothing to take away from the rating in which I clearly had him over all other comers if you had to choose a QB tomorrow.

He has great pocket sense buys time in the pocket and when he has to bail out has good flat out foot speed,

He's very comfortable running that Pro style set of Harbaughs which makes that Kindergarden crap Treesel has Pryor executing look like a model T vs the space shuttle.

SoulDawg

Luck can handle Harbaugh's system.

And Pryor is in the one he can handle, as we saw with Troy Smith, when Pryor earns better, he'll get it.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:59 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:

SD:

SoulDawg

SD:

Where is the better gonna come from oh enlightened one .

Harbaugh is ready to go to the Pros , Tressel will never ever ever ever evre evre ver
ever grace a pro football gridiron , and for good reason .

he's maxed out in College .

Glenville Highschool runs a more sophistcated set , and thats nothing but
hand offs to a track team , which is how Tressel uses Pryor.

There is no reason he should be leading the team in rushing , Saine is a disgrace
to RB's and that shotgun set in which he has two options couldn't beat anybody in the
12 year olds or lower midget league .

They want him to run the ball like a third running back , he wants to learn how to be a
pro QB .

Pretty hard to do in an offense less sophistgated than the girls
flag team intramurals.

In a 4 point game Tressel went for it at the opponents 29 eschewing the FG , then played
for the FG after getting a gift spot from the refs who signaled they converted.

Brilliant stuff , makes Dabol look like Einstein.

SoulDawg

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Oct 03, 2010 12:56 pm

Yeah, no kidding. If Tressel knew what he was doing maybe the Buckeyes would have a good record during his tenure. ::doh::
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 1:34 pm

Motherscratcher wrote:Yeah, no kidding. If Tressel knew what he was doing maybe the Buckeyes would have a good record during his tenure. ::doh::

SD:

Yeah or looked like he belonged on the same field in
:guns: National playoff games vs Florida
and LSU .

(snicker)
SoulDawg74

Unread postby Triple-S » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:03 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:SD:

and LSU .

(snicker)

just going to leave this here for now.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 2:22 pm

Triple-S wrote:

and LSU .

(snicker)

just going to leave this here for now.

SD:

Dude you really are stoopid , I'm a big supporter of Tressel watched him win 4 national
titles at Y.S U. with what amounts to the Veer option , before watching him turn around the Buckeye program.

Butt even his staunchest supporters recognize his conservatism limits him from ever
going past the Collegiate level.

His system works at the Collegiate level until you play the Top Collegiate level
competition which stocks the Pro Game .

Maurice Clarett led a tremendous running team into battle vs Miamia , with a QB unfit
to play in the CFL let alone continue to the Pros , because he can get away winning with
such ill prepared unschooled labor in College running an offensive scheme unfit for midget league with its infantile concepts.

Yes it gets us there , butt thats only because the Big Ten is so devoid of actual competition.

When we play the big boys we come up short with no disrespect to the Lone Championship
he achieved due to Clarets super human effort which negated a turnover at the goal line that would have resulted in a 14 point swing , and a bogus interference
call in the endzone which sealed the deal.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Oct 03, 2010 4:36 pm

Tressell is as prepared for pro football as Pryor.

And I agree he is not prepared.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby motherscratcher » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:00 pm

leadpipe wrote:Tressell is as prepared for pro football as Pryor.

Yes, but why are we even talking about Tressel coaching in the pros? Has he EVER indicated that he is interested? He's a great college coach. SD talking about how he would be a bad pro coach is meaningless. SD makes it seem like he is making some sort of point by talking about Tressels limitations in the NFL? WTF for?

My point is that Tressel's record as a coach in college (where he always has, does and will coach) is pretty fucking good. So SD's point (as per usual) is meaningless.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby FUDU » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:05 pm

JT's approach would not garner enough respect from the majority of NFL players for him to be successful in the NFL, he is in the perfect spot in college (at OSU). I'm not talking about his X & O approach I am talking about his approach to making young men into solid grown men who know how to play football and go on to become successful human beings and football players.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 6:16 pm

SD:

Thats correct , nor will he be prepared correctly in that scheme .

Doesn't mean he doesn't have the talent to play the Pro game despite this handicap nor does it lesson his stock for those not so ignorant that they can't see the raw talent
despite the hobo clothes.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby leadpipe » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:31 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:

SD:

Doesn't mean he doesn't have the talent to play the Pro game despite this handicap nor does it lesson his stock for those not so ignorant that they can't see the raw talent

SoulDawg

You don't get picked top 5 on "raw talent."

Not by anyone with half a brain.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby noles1 » Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:46 pm

I caught a ton of Locker against USC...

Now as a disclaimer, USC's defense isn't exactly solid but I will say Locker showed me something.

Dude plays with absolute crap on his team. His best weapon cannot consistently catch it and the line is God awful.

Not saying I am reversing field cause I still think Luck is ahead but just saying dont completely throw Locker under the bus. Kid played with a ton of heart and did his thing for the W. Huge arm too.
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:38 am

leadpipe wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

SD:

SoulDawg

SD:

That would be you .

Guys who half sense and aren't racist scum sucking ignorant assholes understand better.

Couch couldn't read defenses and never had a playbook butt went #1
Akillme Smith had less than 15 starts but had a cannon and went second while
Mcnabb the least prepared QB candidate went third.

Butt because he had a QB guru in Reid which Homie is supposed to be Eclipsed both careers of guys chosen ahead of him.

Pryor has more going for him than all of them including an electronic 4.3 timing at 6'6" plus 235lbs with more arm and a Savage desire to be a Pro QB and whup ass his entire career if butt given a chance to hone his skills.

He's still learning and still growing , yet in your ignorance you regard him as a finished project that won't improve.

So that makes you a moron with half a brain nothing special at all just atypical of the herd

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 12:44 am

leadpipe wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

SD:

SoulDawg

SD:

That would be you .

Guys who half sense and aren't racist scum sucking ignorant assholes understand better.

Butt because he had a QB guru in Reid which Homie is supposed to be Eclipsed both careers of guys chosen ahead of him.

Pryor has more going for him than all of them including an electronic 4.3 timing at 6'6" plus 235lbs with more arm and a Savage desire to be a Pro QB and whup ass his entire career if butt given a chance to hone his skills.

He's still learning and still growing , yet in your ignorance you regard him as a finished project that won't improve.

So that makes you a moron with half a brain nothing special at all just atypical of the herd

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:22 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:
leadpipe wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

SD:

SoulDawg

SD:

That would be you .

SoulDawg

Racist scum ignorant asshole? Nice Lebron.

Two posts after I in so many words explained that Tressell opened it up for Troy Smith cause he could make every throw.

And yea, he's still learning and growing - which is to the point he's not top five right now.

Christ, understand this, you dumb, double posting mother fucker-I don't care if it's a Black Chinese guy born in Europe - get me someone under center for the Browns that can PLAY.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:01 am

leadpipe wrote:Christ, understand this, you dumb, double posting mother fucker-I don't care if it's a Black Chinese guy born in Europe - get me someone under center for the Browns that can PLAY.

With red hair even.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 10:58 am

leadpipe wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:
leadpipe wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

SD:

SoulDawg

SD:

That would be you .

SoulDawg

Racist scum ignorant asshole? Nice Lebron.

Two posts after I in so many words explained that Tressell opened it up for Troy Smith cause he could make every throw.

And yea, he's still learning and growing - which is to the point he's not top five right now.

Christ, understand this, you dumb, double posting mother fucker-I don't care if it's a Black Chinese guy born in Europe - get me someone under center for the Browns that can PLAY.

SD:

That we can agree on then ,in addition to Luck and Pryor add Moore from Boise State to your radar .

He ain't sexy but the tuff little Mutha can play.
SoulDawg74

Unread postby aoxo1 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:26 am

This team isn't going to have a shot at Luck, if he indeed comes out. It's way too early to tell how everything shakes out, but almost impossible to see Buffalo finishing with more wins than anyone IMO. And they need a QB 100x more than we do.
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
aoxo1

Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:33 am

aoxo1 wrote:This team isn't going to have a shot at Luck, if he indeed comes out. It's way too early to tell how everything shakes out, but almost impossible to see Buffalo finishing with more wins than anyone IMO. And they need a QB 100x more than we do.

SD:

Thats correct which is why you have to do the research to scout others , and why Pryor Moore and others then becomes a viable option .

Not that Luck isn't option #1 butt you can't punt the way mumbles did in that ill fated draft where he took Powell either
SoulDawg74

Unread postby Ziner » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:38 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:

Not that it really matters other than just pointing out how you make shit up all the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_NFL_Draft

Is the alternate reality you live in cooler? Why do you refuse to join us?
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 1:27 pm

Ziner wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

Not that it really matters other than just pointing out how you make shit up all the time.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1999_NFL_Draft

Is the alternate reality you live in cooler? Why do you refuse to join us?

SD:

Thanks you made my point even better .

Akillme was rated as the better passer and more complete prospect than McNabb who was thought to be just another ( Atheltic QB ) Ie a Black QB who had wheels but know way could handle a complex Pro offense.

Its why Cleveland didn't even invite him to camp yet Palmer was all over Smith because of his arm strength and prefered him over Couch .

Couch was a( Policy Move ) his 4000 yards in the short passing game Hal Mumby (sp) offense made Policy think he had struck gold .

The numbers and PR fooled everybody including myself , (painted him up as an All American boy engaged to his childhood sweetheart) I advocated the Couch pick over all other deals including the Rickey Williams blockuster and over both Smith and McNabb.

But teamed with Palmer as coach it was a disaster from the start, his offensive philosophy was simply not sympatico with Tim's skill set , then after
the draft more warts showed up on the Bride , distained advice and mentoring from Kosar like the plaque dumped his fiancee for the centerfold set , then started getting his girlie locks coffed and buffed instead of trimmed at the neighborhood barbershop then repeated the Mike Vick shit don't stink down hill slide to obscurity with a lack of film study commitment and a piss poor attitude which saw other teammates elected captain in lieu of the fearless leader.

If your QB ain't your offensive leader , you 've got a big problem.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby Loo » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:21 pm

Watching this blow-up is just fantastic.

And just so something is added to the converstation (even though it's probably worthless), I thought Luck looked good in the pocket and made some great throws, but he did badly underthrow three deep balls.
Loo

Unread postby aoxo1 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 2:56 pm

Umm, SD, you know Akili Smith was black, right?
aoxo1

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Oct 04, 2010 3:37 pm

aoxo1 wrote:Umm, SD, you know Akili Smith was black, right?

:lmfao: I was thinking the same thing.

And, where the hell is rat tail on this one? We could use a little race relations expertise here.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:30 pm

SD:

thats what you Nimrods keep missin

I picked Couch over him or McNabb because I wanted the best player available under center,

All I see is seal and Brown, and I advocate Pryor because of talent not color .

and have clearly stated Luck is my number "1" in what I consider a two horse race.

For that reason alone.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:32 pm

Motherscratcher wrote:

:lmfao: I was thinking the same thing.

And, where the hell is rat tail on this one? We could use a little race relations expertise here.

SD:

no more shocking to find out Hillis is actually white , or so i've been told anyway .
SoulDawg74

Unread postby motherscratcher » Mon Oct 04, 2010 4:58 pm

But SoulDawg, you were the one that brought up race.

I'm still not sure why, to tell you the truth.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:24 pm

Motherscratcher wrote:But SoulDawg, you were the one that brought up race.

Some of the responses were borderline stereotypical bullshit thats why .

Hopefully the air is now clear , when it comes to the Browns i only want the best even if that Mutha Fucka is a space alien .

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:05 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:

Hopefully the air is now clear , when it comes to the Browns i only want the best even if that Mutha Fucka is a space alien .

SoulDawg

You might think twice before throwing the 'racist' card on the table either way SD. Nobody gives a shit whether a competent QB is black, white or Korean. And if he's great and wins championships people will forgive the fact he rapes college girls or drowns pit bulls.

The problem with Pryor ain't that he's black or white. It's that he still throws like shit. He's gotten better every year but he's got a long way to go before he's a viable passer at the next level. Especially since he ain't one yet at this level.

Criticizing this year's SD Golden Child ain't racism. It's simple observation. And if you wanna throw all the cards on the table you might find people wondering why you're pimping guys like Clark or Pryor ahead of actual QBs who can actually throw the ball. Is it because...umm...they have an Ohio connection, that they're members at your synagogue, or is it something else?

Quit getting bent about legit criticism. You know who else is a dominant, elite level, 5-star athlete who can't hit the barn door from the inside? Jake Locker. And I don't want any part of that 'potential' either.

Gimme the closest thing to perfect I can get. If you think that's Pryor then you're just barking up the wrong tree (again). But it ain't because he's muslim, Irish, gay, female or disabled.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby aoxo1 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:28 pm

Here's a couple other names, if the Browns can't get Luck.

Christian Ponder
Cameron Newton (just a junior and first year as a starter, so no way he comes out, but he is a beast)
aoxo1

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 8:56 pm

peeker643 wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:

SoulDawg

You might think twice before throwing the 'racist' card on the table either way SD. Nobody gives a shit whether a competent QB is black, white or Korean. And if he's great and wins championships people will forgive the fact he rapes college girls or drowns pit bulls.

The problem with Pryor ain't that he's black or white. It's that he still throws like shit. He's gotten better every year but he's got a long way to go before he's a viable passer at the next level. Especially since he ain't one yet at this level.

Criticizing this year's SD Golden Child ain't racism. It's simple observation. And if you wanna throw all the cards on the table you might find people wondering why you're pimping guys like Clark or Pryor ahead of actual QBs who can actually throw the ball. Is it because...umm...they have an Ohio connection, that they're members at your synagogue, or is it something else?

Quit getting bent about legit criticism. You know who else is a dominant, elite level, 5-star athlete who can't hit the barn door from the inside? Jake Locker. And I don't want any part of that 'potential' either.

Gimme the closest thing to perfect I can get. If you think that's Pryor then you're just barking up the wrong tree (again). But it ain't because you're muslim, Irish, gay, female or disabled.

SD:

dude re-read some of that bullshit I had to sift thru like guys busting out smack they wouldn't take him in the first or second round , followed by an admission they really don't think QB is all that important anyway.

or some of your own bullshit that has racial overtones even though you don't intend it in your criticism

""""And if you wanna throw all the cards on the table you might find people wondering why you're pimping guys like Clark or Pryor ahead of actual QBs who can actually throw the ball. Is it because...umm...they have an Ohio connection, that they're members at your synagogue, or is it something else?
"""""

Funny how people focus on a Daryll Clark choice who I said had value in the fourth round at draft time , downgrading him from second consideration as his play slipped , but they don't want to admit how hard they fought me .

and BTW with the exception of braford not a single QB went where projected Clausen in the second and Mccoy in the third are exhibits #1 and 1 A, let alone spending money to develop Black QB's with the taint of the Vick shit.

When I said we should dump DA and Quinn for Sanchez in real time , not after the fact, who is now enroute to superstardom where are the cat calls now

Said we should have picked up Vick as he cost nothing , butt that fits with the Daryll Clark smear job so that ain't mentioned either.

This poll started erroneously naming Luck Locker and Mallet as the shit and has since been edited as I made the point Pryor is worthy of that conversation .

And

Yes poindexter he is a real QB and a legit top five top ten talent, despite the handicaps of learning in a Collegiate system less sophisticated than most Highschools.

and for the record

Pryor throws one of the best long balls in the game , in that department he's better than Luck , he has a natural over the top delivery which hinders his short passes , because there isn't a QB coach astute enough at tO S U to have him practice a different delivery in short strokes where you palm the ball the way Warner does automatically decelerating the delivery but not effecting the accuracy .

A WCO coach will have him bring his feet with his head and deliver in rythm
with predescribed reads with multiple receivers instead of one man patterns where if he's covered you force the ball or check down or run.

Charlie Frye's mechanics were remarkably improved after a stint in Homie system and both MCNabb and Vick have excelled in this system and neither of them are rocket scientists.

and none have the physical specs of Pryor.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:19 pm

dude re-read some of that bullshit I had to sift thru like guys busting out smack they wouldn't take him in the first or second round , followed by an admission they really don't think QB is all that important anyway.

SD- If I broke out the racist card after every stupid thing written on these boards or after everything that pissed me off I'd be the white Al Sharpton. One thing ain't got nothing to do with the next.

or some of your own bullshit that has racial overtones even though you don't intend it in your criticism

Nope. I intended it as it sounds. Referring to your Pryor and Clark love wasn't unintended. It was meant to say that because you honked for them I think you're racist against white QBs. Flat out. You hate white QBs because you're stumping for only the black ones. That's some racist shit you're working.

See how that sounds? Pretty stupid, pretty ignorant and pretty lazy. And that's what you sound like busting out the race card on someone who's never given you reason to play it before.

Because it's bullshit. You ain't more or any less racist than Lead Pipe or me or anyone else when it comes down to the Browns and Buckeyes and what we want.

So I'm asking you to not go down that road.

Funny how people focus on a Daryll Clark choice who I said had value in the fourth round at draft time , downgrading him from second consideration as his play slipped , but they don't want to admit how hard they fought me

When I said we should dump DA and Quinn for Sanchez in real time not after the fact, who is now enroute to superstardom .

Said we should have picked up Vick as he cost nothing , butt that fits with the Daryll Clark smear job so that ain't mentioned either.

Maybe cuz you say 400 things a day about 400 flvors of the day and the stuff you actually are right about (and there's plenty of it) gets flushed with the ton of shit you ain't?

Yes poindexter he is a real QB and a legit top five top ten talent, despite the handicaps of learning in a Collegiate system less sophisticated than most Highschools.

No man. He ain't all of that other than a a tremendous athlete with a lot of potential to get better at the position. You wanna take him at Tebow time in the mid 20's then have at it. But only a fool or a man who don't care about his job is taking him top 10

SoulDawg

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:40 pm

Here's another opinion. I don't know if his is more learned or valuable than yours SD, but it's another opinion:

http://www.offtackleempire.com/2010/7/7 ... g#comments

Evaluating the Mechanics of Big Ten Quarterbacks - Terrelle Pryor
by Ted Glover on Jul 7, 2010 7:30 PM CDT in Ohio State

Terrelle Pryor came in to Columbus as the most ballyhooed Buckeye recruit ever, and has equally thrilled and frustrated Buckeye fans since he took over as a starter in his freshman season. The raw talent is obvious, but his inconsistency can be maddening. He is very much like the Nursery Rhyme about the little girl with the little curl in the middle of the forehead—when he is good, he’s very, very good, but when he is bad he’s...well, not quite horrid, but he’s not good. What made grading Pryor so difficult is that inconsistency. He would play great football one week, okay football the next, and then look lost another week, most notably in the upset loss to Purdue. But then he had good games against Penn State and Michigan, and then his ‘Oh My God’ moment against Oregon in the Rose Bowl. If the Rose Bowl was a preview of things to come for Terrelle Pryor, 2010 will be one for the ages for Ohio State.

Snap (B):
· Security/Ball Placement (B+): Pryor is not prone to turning the ball over during the exchange. On drop back passes, he holds the ball at the numbers, close against his chest. This is a very fundamentally sound area of his game. When he rolls out, he still keeps the ball up, body perpendicular to the field. When he decides to run, it’s a decisive transition to tucking the ball and running.
· Retreat Speed (A): No fooling around here. His tall frame allows him to take the snap and set up in the pocket quickly. His steps are measured and sure, and he wastes no motion in getting to his set up point.
· Footwork (C): This could have been graded anywhere from an A to a D, to be honest. When he is patient and he lets the play develop, he is very fundamentally sound. However, too many times he would feel pressure, real or imagined, and his footwork and mechanics would fall apart. That was his Achilles heel for most of 2009, and if teams made him uncomfortable, defenses could neutralize him. In the Rose Bowl, it looked like the coaching staff had worked a lot with him during practice leading up to the game, and it showed. He only made a couple of bad throws, and had the best game of his career.
- The Fake (A): Pryor’s athleticism helps him here. His play action is okay, but his spread run option is well above average. He sells the fake well, and it gives him that extra step to get around the edge and into the secondary.
· Adaptation (D): I really downgrade TP here, because as the season went on, he demonstrated that he could not consistently execute the gameplan, and the offensive coaching staff went to the Rush Limbaugh school of conservatism after the Purdue game, save the Rose Bowl. I firmly believe that he can run the whole offense, and although one great game against Oregon was very encouraging—and it was a great game--his overall body of work supersedes one game. Because of a perceived inability to run the offense and an inability to adapt by Pryor, Ohio State went all 1968 on the rest of the Big Ten. It worked, but some people were actually advocating that Pryor be converted to a running back or wide receiver.
Release (C):
· Survey (C): His impatience and inexperience didn’t do him any favors last season. At times it looked like he either focused on his primary receiver, or didn’t know what his progression was, or didn’t have time to run through it because of pressure, or a combination of the three. Consequently, he would hurry a throw or just tuck it and run. When he did stay in the pocket and run through his progressions, he usually made a very good throw. Again, very inconsistent, and there was no discernable improvement from game to game. It was one step forward, one step back all season.
· Stance (B): Overall, his stance is good. He stands tall in the pocket and starts reading the field as he is in his drop, or as soon as he gets the snap from the spread. Even as he rolls out, his head is up, scanning the field or looking for an opportunity to run.
· Step (C): When Pryor is decisive, his step into the throw is big league. He delivers a good, accurate fastball with deceptive speed. However, when he is indecisive, he hurries his throw, tends to throw off balance or off his back foot, and he relies too much on his natural ability and arm strength to get him by. That worked in high school, but it has been proven that doesn’t work in The Big Ten.
· Wrist/Throw (C): Although he has a strong arm, his three quarter to sidearm Uncle Rico technique makes me want to cringe. His throws tend to sail, and his receivers bailed him out time and time again last season with great catches (see Ballard, Jake, Rose Bowl). That said OSU coaches haven’t tried to correct it, so it is what it is. Hey, it worked for Vince Young, and Pryor put it together in the Rose Bowl, so we’ll see.
How the Offense Affects Mechanics (A):

This seems like an odd grade considering I gave him a 'D' in adaptation but consider this before you crucify me here: this offense is tailor made for Pryor’s talents and it was this offense that was the blueprint for Troy Smith and his 2006 Heisman trophy season. He is a fast, dynamic runner with a stiffarm like a sledgehammer, something even Smith didn't even have. He has a very good and veteran offense surrounding him, and he has shown tantalizing glimpses of what he can do passing the ball. Pryor has been under the microscope almost from day one—he was starting as a freshman, taking over for a senior captain. As a sophomore, for all the wailing and gnashing of teeth, he only threw 11 interceptions all year against 18 TD passes. Oh, and OSU won the Big Ten, beat Michigan, and won the Rose Bowl, so it’s not like he presided over Armageddon. This offensive scheme plays right into his talents, and if he can harness his talent the sky is the limit for Ohio State and their starting quarterback.

The key for Pryor in 2010 is patience and a better feel for the game, which he should have as a junior and legitimate team leader.

More:

http://www.offtackleempire.com/2010/9/1 ... k-rankings

#1 Terrelle Pryor OSU Finally checking down while reading routes and progressing through multiple reads. Throwing the best deep ball of his career and dominating on the ground. His only weakness? Short throws, of course. These little four yard tosses aren't made for his loopy delivery.

peeker643
Duly Noted

PreviousNext

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL