Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Locker, Luck, or Mallet? Or Pryor?

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Locker, Luck, or Mallet? Or Pryor?

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:42 pm

peeker643 wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:SD:

dude re-read some of that bullshit I had to sift thru like guys busting out smack they wouldn't take him in the first or second round , followed by an admission they really don't think QB is all that important anyway.

SD- If I broke out the racist card after every stupid thing written on these boards or after everything that pissed me off I'd be the white Al Sharpton. One thing ain't got nothing to do with the next.


or some of your own bullshit that has racial overtones even though you don't intend it in your criticism

Nope. I intended it as it sounds. Referring to your Pryor and Clark love wasn't unintended. It was meant to say that because you honked for them I think you're racist against white QBs. Flat out. You hate white QBs because you're stumping for only the black ones. That's some racist shit you're working.

See how that sounds? Pretty stupid, pretty ignorant and pretty lazy. And that's what you sound like busting out the race card on someone who's never given you reason to play it before.

Because it's bullshit. You ain't more or any less racist than Lead Pipe or me or anyone else when it comes down to the Browns and Buckeyes and what we want.

So I'm asking you to not go down that road.


Funny how people focus on a Daryll Clark choice who I said had value in the fourth round at draft time , downgrading him from second consideration as his play slipped , but they don't want to admit how hard they fought me

When I said we should dump DA and Quinn for Sanchez in real time not after the fact, who is now enroute to superstardom .

Said we should have picked up Vick as he cost nothing , butt that fits with the Daryll Clark smear job so that ain't mentioned either.

Maybe cuz you say 400 things a day about 400 flvors of the day and the stuff you actually are right about (and there's plenty of it) gets flushed with the ton of shit you ain't?


Yes poindexter he is a real QB and a legit top five top ten talent, despite the handicaps of learning in a Collegiate system less sophisticated than most Highschools.

No man. He ain't all of that other than a a tremendous athlete with a lot of potential to get better at the position. You wanna take him at Tebow time in the mid 20's then have at it. But only a fool or a man who don't care about his job is taking him top 10

SoulDawg


SD:

You ignorant Jackass show me where I pimped freeman over Sanchez or stafford.

I pimped Sanchez over both even though Stafford was rated higher , and it ain't because he's mexican either.

I pimped for Couch over both McNabb and Akillme Smith and the Rickey Williams trade.

I bring Pryor into this discussion because in your typical arrogance he was overlooked and is clearly a better QB than Mallet who has no heart or toughness , and who I rate ahead of Locker whose is as dumb as a stump.

Clearly said Luck is the number one multiple times , but Pryor should not be so easily dismissed with your pitiful cursory comments and gave reasons as to why .

Which clearly shows how much any of you Jackasses pay attention .

:fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu:
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Locker, Luck, or Mallet? Or Pryor?

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Oct 04, 2010 9:54 pm

SD74 Wrote:

You ignorant Jackass show me where I pimped freeman over Sanchez or stafford.

I pimped Sanchez over both even though Stafford was rated higher , and it ain't because he's mexican either.

I pimped for Couch over both McNabb and Akillme Smith and the Rickey Williams trade.

I bring Pryor into this discussion because in your typical arrogance he was overlooked and is clearly a better QB than Mallet who has no heart or toughness , and who I rate ahead of Locker whose is as dumb as a stump.

Clearly said Luck is the number one multiple times , but Pryor should not be so easily dismissed with your pitiful cursory comments and gave reasons as to why .

Which clearly shows how much any of you Jackasses pay attention .



I'll walk ya to the wood shed my man. It's fine. It's getting clearer to me why you are the way you are as I'm thinking maybe you're the Jake Locker of the boards. Which is no big deal. I have family and friends and a couple pets who are stone cold stupid but loveable as hell. So we're good.

The whole fucking point is I took only two instances of your insufferable pimpage (Clark and Pryor) and said that made you racist. I never even counted the other guys who were white that you actually liked. Just like you took one Lead Pipe post and turned it into him being racist.

You get that now Short Bus? Or do you need it broken down into one syllable words and maybe with some pictures?

Me doing that was as ridiculous as you doing that. Capsci or still foggy on what's going on there?

But maybe you wanna run the race card up the flag pole again and lose the last ounce of credibility you have on the boards with about the one or two people who are at least entertained by your age-addled ramblings.

And use your words Jake. No need for pictures if you can communicate in sentences.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."


I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
User avatar
peeker643
Duly Noted
 
Posts: 22781
Joined: Tue Jun 26, 2007 1:33 pm
Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Re: Locker, Luck, or Mallet? Or Pryor?

Unread postby Ziner » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:18 pm

And the town-retard nickname gets even more validation...
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
User avatar
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy
 
Posts: 7063
Joined: Thu Jan 03, 2008 4:04 pm
Location: Boulder, Colorado
Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Re: Locker, Luck, or Mallet? Or Pryor?

Unread postby leadpipe » Mon Oct 04, 2010 11:49 pm

peeker643 wrote:SD74 Wrote:

You ignorant Jackass show me where I pimped freeman over Sanchez or stafford.

I pimped Sanchez over both even though Stafford was rated higher , and it ain't because he's mexican either.

I pimped for Couch over both McNabb and Akillme Smith and the Rickey Williams trade.

I bring Pryor into this discussion because in your typical arrogance he was overlooked and is clearly a better QB than Mallet who has no heart or toughness , and who I rate ahead of Locker whose is as dumb as a stump.

Clearly said Luck is the number one multiple times , but Pryor should not be so easily dismissed with your pitiful cursory comments and gave reasons as to why .

Which clearly shows how much any of you Jackasses pay attention .



I'll walk ya to the wood shed my man. It's fine. It's getting clearer to me why you are the way you are as I'm thinking maybe you're the Jake Locker of the boards. Which is no big deal. I have family and friends and a couple pets who are stone cold stupid but loveable as hell. So we're good.

The whole fucking point is I took only two instances of your insufferable pimpage (Clark and Pryor) and said that made you racist. I never even counted the other guys who were white that you actually liked. Just like you took one Lead Pipe post and turned it into him being racist.

You get that now Short Bus? Or do you need it broken down into one syllable words and maybe with some pictures?

Me doing that was as ridiculous as you doing that. Capsci or still foggy on what's going on there?

But maybe you wanna run the race card up the flag pole again and lose the last ounce of credibility you have on the boards with about the one or two people who are at least entertained by your age-addled ramblings.

And use your words Jake. No need for pictures if you can communicate in sentences.



To be clear:

This year, love Pryor as a college QB, don't like him as a pro prospect because HE DOESN'T THROW THE BALL WELL ENOUGH.

Loved Tebow last year as a college quarterback, don't like him as a pro prospect because HE DOESN'T THROW THE BALL WELL ENOUGH.

Loved VY as a college quarterback, don't like him as a pro because HE DOESN'T THROW THE BALL WELL ENOUGH.

To some, the logical conclusion would be that LP likes his pro QB prospects to be guys who throw the ball well.

Yet another conclusion would be that he's racist in some years, yet not racist in others.

Whatever makes more sense to you all out there, ole' LP is good with.
User avatar
leadpipe
The Reverend
 
Posts: 6636
Joined: Fri Jan 19, 2007 1:58 am

Re: Locker, Luck, or Mallet? Or Pryor?

Unread postby motherscratcher » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:10 am

leadpipe wrote:To be clear:

This year, love Pryor as a college QB, don't like him as a pro prospect because HE DOESN'T THROW THE BALL WELL ENOUGH.

Loved Tebow last year as a college quarterback, don't like him as a pro prospect because HE DOESN'T THROW THE BALL WELL ENOUGH.

Loved VY as a college quarterback, don't like him as a pro because HE DOESN'T THROW THE BALL WELL ENOUGH.

To some, the logical conclusion would be that LP likes his pro QB prospects to be guys who throw the ball well.

Yet another conclusion would be that he's racist in some years, yet not racist in others.

Whatever makes more sense to you all out there, ole' LP is good with.


OR, maybe Tebow is black, but he has whatever that disease is that Michael Jackson had. What about that?
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
User avatar
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers
 
Posts: 7748
Joined: Fri Aug 28, 2009 9:14 pm
Location: La La Land
Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Locker, Luck, or Mallet? Or Pryor?

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Oct 05, 2010 12:46 am

This is awesome.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Locker, Luck, or Mallet? Or Pryor?

Unread postby Loo » Tue Oct 05, 2010 1:44 am

Note to self: Don't say an Ohio State QB won't be a great pro quarterback to any Ohio State fans, even after giving very good evidence that what you're saying is valid.

Here's the argument, in very simple terms, what others and myself are making about Pryor. Just so we are clear, because everyone is being forced to repeat themselves.

Ahem:

Part A) Pryor is a phenomenal athlete, no doubt. However, he floats a number of his passes. He's getting better at it, yes, but it does still happen from time to time.

Part B) What do most of the coaches/scouts/players say is the biggest difference between being a college and pro QB? How fast windows close, and how much ground NFL safeties can cover.

Part C)Thus, for a guy who floats passes, those throws WILL be picked off in the NFL, and he will not be very successful. An NFL QB cannot get away with floating passes downfield, where as it can be done in college in many cases. And, sooner or later, NFL D-coordinators can and will force Pryor (and Vick, and Young) to beat them with their arm(s). Put up numbers all you want on the ground, the game will be won or lost through the air.

Two things I dislike most about talking with people:

1. The inability to at least understand the other viewpoint in an argument or realize the other viewpoint is at least somewhat valid.
2. The inability to admit when you are just plain wrong.

P.S. While watching the game tonight, I did remember I thought Chad Henne would be a bust in Miami. Also wrong on that front to at least an extent..Damnit.
mmm, this is, a tasty burger!
Loo
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:23 pm
Favorite Player: Josh Willingham
Least Favorite Player: Josh Willingham

Re: Locker, Luck, or Mallet? Or Pryor?

Unread postby jb » Tue Oct 05, 2010 8:01 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:This is awesome.



+ 1
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Locker, Luck, or Mallet? Or Pryor?

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:25 am

SoulDawg74 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:SD:

dude re-read some of that bullshit I had to sift thru like guys busting out smack they wouldn't take him in the first or second round , followed by an admission they really don't think QB is all that important anyway.

SD- If I broke out the racist card after every stupid thing written on these boards or after everything that pissed me off I'd be the white Al Sharpton. One thing ain't got nothing to do with the next.


or some of your own bullshit that has racial overtones even though you don't intend it in your criticism

Nope. I intended it as it sounds. Referring to your Pryor and Clark love wasn't unintended. It was meant to say that because you honked for them I think you're racist against white QBs. Flat out. You hate white QBs because you're stumping for only the black ones. That's some racist shit you're working.

See how that sounds? Pretty stupid, pretty ignorant and pretty lazy. And that's what you sound like busting out the race card on someone who's never given you reason to play it before.

Because it's bullshit. You ain't more or any less racist than Lead Pipe or me or anyone else when it comes down to the Browns and Buckeyes and what we want.

So I'm asking you to not go down that road.


Funny how people focus on a Daryll Clark choice who I said had value in the fourth round at draft time , downgrading him from second consideration as his play slipped , but they don't want to admit how hard they fought me

When I said we should dump DA and Quinn for Sanchez in real time not after the fact, who is now enroute to superstardom .

Said we should have picked up Vick as he cost nothing , butt that fits with the Daryll Clark smear job so that ain't mentioned either.

Maybe cuz you say 400 things a day about 400 flvors of the day and the stuff you actually are right about (and there's plenty of it) gets flushed with the ton of shit you ain't?


Yes poindexter he is a real QB and a legit top five top ten talent, despite the handicaps of learning in a Collegiate system less sophisticated than most Highschools.

No man. He ain't all of that other than a a tremendous athlete with a lot of potential to get better at the position. You wanna take him at Tebow time in the mid 20's then have at it. But only a fool or a man who don't care about his job is taking him top 10

SoulDawg


SD:

You ignorant Jackass show me where I pimped freeman over Sanchez or stafford.

I pimped Sanchez over both even though Stafford was rated higher , and it ain't because he's mexican either.

I pimped for Couch over both McNabb and Akillme Smith and the Rickey Williams trade.

I bring Pryor into this discussion because in your typical arrogance he was overlooked and is clearly a better QB than Mallet who has no heart or toughness , and who I rate ahead of Locker whose is as dumb as a stump.

Clearly said Luck is the number one multiple times , but Pryor should not be so easily dismissed with your pitiful cursory comments and gave reasons as to why .

Which clearly shows how much any of you Jackasses pay attention .

:fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu:


Dude...truth be told...everyone quit paying attention a looooooong time ago...
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:00 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Re: Locker, Luck, or Mallet? Or Pryor?

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Tue Oct 05, 2010 9:32 am

Fire Marshall Bill wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:SD:

dude re-read some of that bullshit I had to sift thru like guys busting out smack they wouldn't take him in the first or second round , followed by an admission they really don't think QB is all that important anyway.

SD- If I broke out the racist card after every stupid thing written on these boards or after everything that pissed me off I'd be the white Al Sharpton. One thing ain't got nothing to do with the next.


or some of your own bullshit that has racial overtones even though you don't intend it in your criticism

Nope. I intended it as it sounds. Referring to your Pryor and Clark love wasn't unintended. It was meant to say that because you honked for them I think you're racist against white QBs. Flat out. You hate white QBs because you're stumping for only the black ones. That's some racist shit you're working.

See how that sounds? Pretty stupid, pretty ignorant and pretty lazy. And that's what you sound like busting out the race card on someone who's never given you reason to play it before.

Because it's bullshit. You ain't more or any less racist than Lead Pipe or me or anyone else when it comes down to the Browns and Buckeyes and what we want.

So I'm asking you to not go down that road.


Funny how people focus on a Daryll Clark choice who I said had value in the fourth round at draft time , downgrading him from second consideration as his play slipped , but they don't want to admit how hard they fought me

When I said we should dump DA and Quinn for Sanchez in real time not after the fact, who is now enroute to superstardom .

Said we should have picked up Vick as he cost nothing , butt that fits with the Daryll Clark smear job so that ain't mentioned either.

Maybe cuz you say 400 things a day about 400 flvors of the day and the stuff you actually are right about (and there's plenty of it) gets flushed with the ton of shit you ain't?


Yes poindexter he is a real QB and a legit top five top ten talent, despite the handicaps of learning in a Collegiate system less sophisticated than most Highschools.

No man. He ain't all of that other than a a tremendous athlete with a lot of potential to get better at the position. You wanna take him at Tebow time in the mid 20's then have at it. But only a fool or a man who don't care about his job is taking him top 10

SoulDawg


SD:

You ignorant Jackass show me where I pimped freeman over Sanchez or stafford.

I pimped Sanchez over both even though Stafford was rated higher , and it ain't because he's mexican either.

I pimped for Couch over both McNabb and Akillme Smith and the Rickey Williams trade.

I bring Pryor into this discussion because in your typical arrogance he was overlooked and is clearly a better QB than Mallet who has no heart or toughness , and who I rate ahead of Locker whose is as dumb as a stump.

Clearly said Luck is the number one multiple times , but Pryor should not be so easily dismissed with your pitiful cursory comments and gave reasons as to why .

Which clearly shows how much any of you Jackasses pay attention .

:fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu: :fu:


Dude...truth be told...everyone quit paying attention a looooooong time ago...


SD74:

Really , thats why felt it was your place to comment on page five line 208 with comment 2861 and claim you ain't been paying attention asshole.

Yeah Riiiiiiiggggggggghhhhhhhhhhttttttttttt
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Locker, Luck, or Mallet? Or Pryor?

Unread postby Triple-S » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:08 am

soo..we've learned this much..

Pryor is not looking like he'll be a competent pro QB, he'll be very vick/young like, and sucks at throwing the ball

Locker has pretty much evaporated his status as being the guy...so it's looking like it's luck and mallet.

And there's one thing to remember in this regard...Buffalo gets first dibs. period. So whomever you'd like want the most, is likely not going to be there on draft day.

So, I'm thinking Mallet, but it depends on how he looks from here on out, if he's rated say the 26th rated player on the board, do you draft him right there with, a top 5-top 10 pick? or do you go BPA (possibly a Robert Quinn or an AJ Green?) and then trade back in if mallet slides a bit more?
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6380
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Locker, Luck, or Mallet? Or Pryor?

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill » Tue Oct 05, 2010 10:11 am

Whooosh!
Hope is a moment now long past
The Shadow of Death is the one I cast
Koo koo ka joob....I am the Walrus
User avatar
Fire Marshall Bill
 
Posts: 2691
Joined: Tue Oct 21, 2008 10:00 pm
Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Charcoal&Piss

Re: Locker, Luck, or Mallet? Or Pryor?

Unread postby Loo » Tue Oct 05, 2010 11:29 am

Triple-S wrote:soo..we've learned this much..

Pryor is not looking like he'll be a competent pro QB, he'll be very vick/young like, and sucks at throwing the ball

Locker has pretty much evaporated his status as being the guy...so it's looking like it's luck and mallet.

And there's one thing to remember in this regard...Buffalo gets first dibs. period. So whomever you'd like want the most, is likely not going to be there on draft day.

So, I'm thinking Mallet, but it depends on how he looks from here on out, if he's rated say the 26th rated player on the board, do you draft him right there with, a top 5-top 10 pick? or do you go BPA (possibly a Robert Quinn or an AJ Green?) and then trade back in if mallet slides a bit more?


That'd bring up a very interesting debate SSS.

I've been thinking the positions the Browns will target in the first round were QB, WR, DL, LB--think it's safe to narrow it down to those four? I would even maybe take out DL but not just yet.
mmm, this is, a tasty burger!
Loo
 
Posts: 583
Joined: Sun Dec 06, 2009 3:23 pm
Favorite Player: Josh Willingham
Least Favorite Player: Josh Willingham

Re: Locker, Luck, or Mallet?

Unread postby jb » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:06 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:
jb wrote:
hermanfontenot wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:Damn, I'll take that bet. Where do I sign?


I'm with Rich on this one. Pryor goes Top 5, Top 10 on athletic potential alone. No way a guy with his physical gifts doesn't get snapped up early.



Yeah, and just to give the back n forth w/ SD a break I also see alot of Randall in this kid. Good cll.

i just think Clveland would be a terrible fit for him in so many ways.



OK

Thats a take at least which may have some valididty

Now elaborate as to why he's not a good fit and we can discuss.



Been busy SD. This had to sit.

agree with you that Pryor is a freak of nature talent-wise. I see validity in your Cunningham take.

I see Pryor as a project. His throwing motion needs a complete re-tooling nad his feet are funky. His main issue I see is that in college you have huge areas to throw into. On Sunday that area really shrinks own and you have to be precise. This is where I see Pryor needing lots and lots of work. He's a project I wouldn't even start most of season one.


I also see his personality as particularly immature. His "support" of Vick and James tells me that he sees himself in that light of the "new" athlete. IOW, player first, respect first, somewehere down the line you might find team. No loyalty, all about getting that gwop and respect. A team is a means to an end. This tells me when the going gets tough, he's gonna struggle without the cacoon of tSV.

Lastly, if he comes to Cleveland, he's from tOSU AND he's t new franchise QB. people are going to have him n a white hot spotlight. Some will look at him as savior, others will look at him wanting him to fail becasue of how he is ego and maturity-wise.

I just think he'd be better off where he's more of an unknown.

Pryor is the biggest boom - bust prospect coming out in a while. He's like JaMarcus. in that regard (not saying he'll bust like JMR at all, just making a point he's either gonna be a monster flame out or a HOFer. I don't see an in between for this kid.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Locker, Luck, or Mallet? Or Pryor?

Unread postby bucknutz94 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:25 pm

Loo wrote:Note to self: Don't say an Ohio State QB won't be a great pro quarterback to any Ohio State fans, even after giving very good evidence that what you're saying is valid.

Quite the opposite really. I never expect an OSU QB to be a good pro as it hasn't happened in my lifetime. I am, however, holding out hope for Braxton Miller. TP...no way. Every 4th or 5th throw he looks like a 4 year old girl throwing a ball.

Here's the argument, in very simple terms, what others and myself are making about Pryor. Just so we are clear, because everyone is being forced to repeat themselves.

Ahem:

Part A) Pryor is a phenomenal athlete, no doubt. However, he floats a number of his passes. He's getting better at it, yes, but it does still happen from time to time.

Part B) What do most of the coaches/scouts/players say is the biggest difference between being a college and pro QB? How fast windows close, and how much ground NFL safeties can cover.

Part C)Thus, for a guy who floats passes, those throws WILL be picked off in the NFL, and he will not be very successful. An NFL QB cannot get away with floating passes downfield, where as it can be done in college in many cases. And, sooner or later, NFL D-coordinators can and will force Pryor (and Vick, and Young) to beat them with their arm(s). Put up numbers all you want on the ground, the game will be won or lost through the air.

Two things I dislike most about talking with people:

1. The inability to at least understand the other viewpoint in an argument or realize the other viewpoint is at least somewhat valid.
2. The inability to admit when you are just plain wrong.

P.S. While watching the game tonight, I did remember I thought Chad Henne would be a bust in Miami. Also wrong on that front to at least an extent..Damnit.
bucknutz94
 
Posts: 211
Joined: Fri May 22, 2009 11:40 pm
Favorite Player: Billy Wood
Least Favorite Player: Jeff Downs

Re: Locker, Luck, or Mallet? Or Pryor?

Unread postby JCoz » Thu Oct 07, 2010 2:55 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:
Glenville Highschool runs a more sophistcated set , and thats nothing but
hand offs to a track team , which is how Tressel uses Pryor.

There is no reason he should be leading the team in rushing , Saine is a disgrace
to RB's and that shotgun set in which he has two options couldn't beat anybody in the
12 year olds or lower midget league .

They want him to run the ball like a third running back , he wants to learn how to be a
pro QB .

Pretty hard to do in an offense less sophistgated than the girls
flag team intramurals.


In a 4 point game Tressel went for it at the opponents 29 eschewing the FG , then played
for the FG after getting a gift spot from the refs who signaled they converted.

Brilliant stuff , makes Dabol look like Einstein.


SoulDawg


There is a amazing amount of ignorance and stupidity in this post. Even for you SD.

http://www.alongtheolentangy.com/2010/9 ... ssing-game

http://www.alongtheolentangy.com/2010/9 ... me-and-run

http://www.alongtheolentangy.com/2010/8 ... e-playbook

http://www.alongtheolentangy.com/2010/8 ... e-playbook

http://www.alongtheolentangy.com/2010/8 ... e-playbook

http://www.alongtheolentangy.com/2010/9 ... ive-review

Fucking idiot.
User avatar
JCoz
Donnie, you're out of your element
 
Posts: 4158
Joined: Thu Oct 04, 2007 11:57 am
Favorite Player: Competency
Least Favorite Player: Gene Smith

Re: Locker, Luck, or Mallet?

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Thu Oct 07, 2010 4:42 pm

jb wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:
jb wrote:
hermanfontenot wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:Damn, I'll take that bet. Where do I sign?


I'm with Rich on this one. Pryor goes Top 5, Top 10 on athletic potential alone. No way a guy with his physical gifts doesn't get snapped up early.



Yeah, and just to give the back n forth w/ SD a break I also see alot of Randall in this kid. Good cll.

i just think Clveland would be a terrible fit for him in so many ways.



OK

Thats a take at least which may have some valididty

Now elaborate as to why he's not a good fit and we can discuss.



Been busy SD. This had to sit.

agree with you that Pryor is a freak of nature talent-wise. I see validity in your Cunningham take.

I see Pryor as a project. His throwing motion needs a complete re-tooling nad his feet are funky. His main issue I see is that in college you have huge areas to throw into. On Sunday that area really shrinks own and you have to be precise. This is where I see Pryor needing lots and lots of work. He's a project I wouldn't even start most of season one.


I also see his personality as particularly immature. His "support" of Vick and James tells me that he sees himself in that light of the "new" athlete. IOW, player first, respect first, somewehere down the line you might find team. No loyalty, all about getting that gwop and respect. A team is a means to an end. This tells me when the going gets tough, he's gonna struggle without the cacoon of tSV.

Lastly, if he comes to Cleveland, he's from tOSU AND he's t new franchise QB. people are going to have him n a white hot spotlight. Some will look at him as savior, others will look at him wanting him to fail becasue of how he is ego and maturity-wise.

I just think he'd be better off where he's more of an unknown.

Pryor is the biggest boom - bust prospect coming out in a while. He's like JaMarcus. in that regard (not saying he'll bust like JMR at all, just making a point he's either gonna be a monster flame out or a HOFer. I don't see an in between for this kid.


SD:

I'll take possible HoFamer for $500 Alex.........

Where on this planet is this kid who plays on one of the highest profile Collegiate program gonna go where he's gonna be an unknown.

Kid sticks out like Lebron James in China

Some guys wilt under the pressure JB some guys suck it up like Plants eat Sunshine .

Had my stomache full of pansy ass pretty boys who you have to babby with Mommies Milk .

Browns just need a few good Men , if this Manchild grows into that role
come draft time then givem a gun and a uniform.


SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: ybot and 3 guests

Who is online

In total there are 4 users online :: 1 registered, 0 hidden and 3 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: ybot and 3 guests