Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

SuperD's won-loss predictions

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

SuperD's won-loss predictions

Unread postby SuperD » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:25 am

Let me start by saying that I am a lifelong Brownies fan. I will also admit that I am quite sour on the fellas since their return in 1999. What have they ever done to make me not be? Answer: nothing. These picks are from my head and not my heart. I know it's grim, but it is what it is and they are what they are and I yam what I yam....

Sunday, Sept. 9 - Pittsburgh Steelers - 1:00 PM (CBS) - Loss

Sunday, Sept. 16 - Cincinnati Bengals - 1:00 PM (CBS) - Loss

Sunday, Sept. 23 - at Oakland Raiders - 4:05 PM (CBS) - Loss

Sunday, Sept. 30 - Baltimore Ravens - 1:00 PM (CBS) – Loss (when is Romeo getting fired?)

Sunday, Oct. 7 - at New England Patriots - 1:00 PM (CBS) – BLOWOUT Loss

Sunday, Oct. 14 - Miami Dolphins - 1:00 PM (CBS) – Loss. Frye is injured, out for season.

Sunday, Oct. 21 - Bye Week – Romeo gets the boot.

Sunday, Oct. 28 - at St. Louis Rams - 1:00 PM (CBS) - Loss

Sunday, Nov. 4 - Seattle Seahawks - 4:05 PM (FOX) - Loss

Sunday, Nov. 11 - at Pittsburgh Steelers - 1:00 PM (CBS) – BLOWOUT Loss

Sunday, Nov. 18 - at Baltimore Ravens - 1:00 PM (CBS) – Loss. Derek Anderson is injured, out for season.

Sunday, Nov. 25 - Houston Texans - 1:00 PM (CBS) – We finally win a game!!!!! (but lose #1 pick to season ending injury)

Sunday, Dec. 2 - at Arizona Cardinals - 4:05 PM (CBS) - Loss

Sunday, Dec. 9 - at New York Jets - 4:15 PM (CBS) - Loss

Sunday, Dec. 16 - Buffalo Bills - 1:00 PM (CBS) A possible win?????

Sunday, Dec 23 - at Cincinnati Bengals - 1:00 PM (CBS) – BLOWOUT Loss. Down to 3rd string left tackle.

Sunday, Dec. 30 - San Francisco 49ers - 1:00 PM (FOX) Win the last game of the season to move from the 1st pick to the 3rd pick.
SuperD

Unread postby General » Sun Apr 15, 2007 8:50 am

WOW!!! I thought I was a pessimist. I think I am going to tape a cinder block to my head and walk into the Gulf of Mexico. :lol:
General

Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Unread postby swerb » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:22 am

"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby furls » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:28 am

He does bring up an interesting question:

How bad of a start can Romeo have and still keep his job in the Bye Week? Basically what is the line where the bye week turns into the "Bye-Bye Romeo" week.

Looking at the first six weeks, it is very possible that the Browns could be somewhere between 0-6 and 2-4. If so, would Crennel keep his job? Or could we see a new coach, perhaps Marty, come in?
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby swerb » Sun Apr 15, 2007 9:31 am

Given the schedule, there's no way Romeo can survive a 0-4 start. If it plays out like that, Grantham is coaching the New England game.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL