Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

And the winner of the most annoying 21st Cen cliche is....

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

And the winner of the most annoying 21st Cen cliche is....

Unread postby jb » Fri Apr 13, 2007 8:19 am

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/1176453315134110.xml&coll=2

You can never have enough guys like Brady Quinn. He has that special something -- that "it" factor that people talk about. It permeates positive energy throughout your entire organization."

Wait a minute? I though Charlie Frye had "it" ? Or did he fumble "it" away against SD and Houston? Or toss "it" away more than he threw "it" to the end zone.

Where did "it" go during the Sugar Bowl for brady?

Did Ben crash his "it" into a car?

What a load.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby consigliere » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:08 am

Yeah, that cliche is up there with the one being thrown around with the Cavs if they end up with the #5 seed and play Miami in the 1st round: "you are gonna have to beat them sometime in the playoffs" or something like that.

Anyway, I've gone from absolutely loathing Quinn while he was at Notre Dame....to now wanting him to be the pick. Three months ago I would never have considered him....but everyday I slowly jumped onto his bandwagon. I don't think we could go wrong with JaMarcus, Quinn, A Pete or Thomas....we need any of them. My fingers are crossed that the guy we pick is the one who doesn't bust though.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby yogi » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:15 am

You know, I know Weiss wants to look good and pump up his guys, but I got to believe that if he didn't really feel that way about Quinn, he wouldn't be so vocal about him.

If I'm wrong about that, I still would not believe that Charlie would give his good buddy Romeo bad advice in private conversations. I'm sure Charlie would give Romeo his true thoughts on the kid.

Of Course, Charlie could be wrong, But I feel better about his honest opinion on Quinn than any scout or "football expert".

I think it says a lot about Quinn should we pass altogether on him.
It's Been Done Before
yogi
Jersey Accent

Unread postby pup » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:24 am

If I had to rate the 4 on "bust potential" it would look like this:

1. Russell
2. Quinn
3. Thomas
4. Peterson
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby jb » Fri Apr 13, 2007 9:28 am

yogi wrote:You know, I know Weiss wants to look good and pump up his guys, but I got to believe that if he didn't really feel that way about Quinn, he wouldn't be so vocal about him.

If I'm wrong about that, I still would not believe that Charlie would give his good buddy Romeo bad advice in private conversations. I'm sure Charlie would give Romeo his true thoughts on the kid.

Of Course, Charlie could be wrong, But I feel better about his honest opinion on Quinn than any scout or "football expert".

I think it says a lot about Quinn should we pass altogether on him.

Yogs, not to think the worst of people, but Quinn going top 5 is a boost for Charlie's recruiting base. And don't fool yourself, the ND power base is nuts as far as their expectation level. You can't succeeed there, and XCahrlie is probably feeling the heat already for what was really an underachieving season where they got spanked by every good team and needed huge rallies to even be > .500 .

ND admin and fan wantto go to heaven, but they don't want to die.

They won a titile and perennially competed for titles with Holtz via 700 V + M SAT kids, thugs out of Chicago and other similar hood, and roids monsters. Now they want the same results with guys who can pass calculus, know high tea ettiquette, and piss Evian.

Not in this lifetime, and not in the next.

The bloom is off Weiss. Having the ability to show recruits that you CAN still be a high # 1 pick out of ND - I mean I don't even remember the last high ND pick - is crucial for Weiss.

He's got an agenda.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL