Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

RB Chris Henry Blogs About His Browns Visit

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

RB Chris Henry Blogs About His Browns Visit

Unread postby swerb » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:29 pm

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Dozen » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:34 pm

KNR said Trent Green was in town :-| :neutral: :|
http://www.thesportshole.com

http://www.youtube.com/TheSportsHole

I have never seen so many kok heads all lumped together like that ~ Yhimmie
Dozen
TheSportsHole.com

Favorite Player: my son
Least Favorite Player: venomous/bipolar

Unread postby furls » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:57 pm

Would be interesting to take a flier on this kid. Not sure, when he will go in the draft after that great combine, but I can say that he turned my head. Could he be another WIllie Parker (3rd string guy in a bad system that blows up in the NFL)?
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby consigliere » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:51 pm

Gee. From reading that blog, you'd think Chris Henry was a stud 5th grad running back.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby tglass6105 » Thu Apr 05, 2007 2:02 pm

Move along, Chris
Burn on, big river.
tglass6105

Unread postby mistero » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:00 pm

You guys are some cynical motherfuckers. The man was excited about being a Brown. I for one was shocked anyone outside of this fanbase would have anything positive to say about the Browns. Knowing about and having Jim Brown as his hero doesn't hurt either. We need some guys that want to be here.
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Favorite Player: Miller High Life
Least Favorite Player: Natural Light

Unread postby leadpipe » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:29 pm

I'll add one more cynical thing. If he really knew about Jim Brown, he wouldn't be his hero.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Unread postby swede » Thu Apr 05, 2007 4:41 pm

If he hadn´t gone Mamula at the combine, we wouldn´t have this coversation.
swede

Unread postby jb » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:13 pm

swede wrote:If he hadn´t gone Mamula at the combine, we wouldn´t have this coversation.

Did you read about the RB from Houston, Swede?

220 and ran a 4.3, totally underutlized in their O.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby swede » Fri Apr 06, 2007 4:36 am

I actually re-watched the only game I have with Henry after the combine, since I couldn´t remember him at all. Since I have to order the games I want to see ( Although T-dog sends me a couple of boxes with tapes with goodies every season ), I chosed Cal-Arizona because I wanted to sco...err..LOOK at Lynch, Hughes and Mebane from Cal and Cason the CB from AZ ( who I thought was coming out ). Henry wasn´t on the rader the first time, and wasn´t impressive the second time either. He scored twice on short-yardage, but he didn´t look that fast or powerful that one would think.
But, it was only one game and against a pretty good Cal defense.

Did you read about the RB from Houston, Swede?

I did. Have you seen any Houston-games this season ? I have only seen highlight-stuff of Kolb. Hard to see what kind of offense they are running on those clips, but it looks sort of Utah-Alex-Smithish or even Texas techish.
Seems like the browns have a bit of interest in Kolb, so they saw the RB, Jackie Battle´s workout up-close.

Which I btw, found on youtube. I love the net ! I have no idea where Battle will go, but he caught the ball well, with his hands away from his body. That´s always good to see.

Here it is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CECS_WsOPU4
swede

By the way

Unread postby swede » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:11 pm

Got the Houston-S.C bowl game from T.

Impressions ( only watched the first half so far.......and a GREAT first half it was ):

Kolb, first impression Luke McCown.
Maybe it was the body-type, or the "running out from the pocket" passing, but Luke it was. The good Luke with p o t e n t i a l. Remember ?

Jackie Chan Battle, looked like a fullback. Wasn´t that involved until he broke a 42 yard run for TD. Has the speed for sure. Worth a second-day pick.

Chris White the center of S.C ( who the browns have scouted ) looked like someone who could play guard in the NFL.

Fred Bennet ( corner SC 2-3 round pick ) looked really good. According to scout.com he´s being looked at as safety, but he sure looked like he could play corner to me. Good tackler.

Sidney Rice Wr SC. Awesome first half.
swede

Re: By the way

Unread postby leadpipe » Fri Apr 13, 2007 4:42 pm

swede wrote:Got the Houston-S.C bowl game from T.

Impressions ( only watched the first half so far.......and a GREAT first half it was ):

Kolb, first impression Luke McCown.
Maybe it was the body-type, or the "running out from the pocket" passing, but Luke it was. The good Luke with p o t e n t i a l. Remember ?

Jackie Chan Battle, looked like a fullback. Wasn´t that involved until he broke a 42 yard run for TD. Has the speed for sure. Worth a second-day pick.

Chris White the center of S.C ( who the browns have scouted ) looked like someone who could play guard in the NFL.

Fred Bennet ( corner SC 2-3 round pick ) looked really good. According to scout.com he´s being looked at as safety, but he sure looked like he could play corner to me. Good tackler.

Sidney Rice Wr SC. Awesome first half.

It wasn't that hard to figure out Luke wasn't going to make it, however, the Charger game he started a couple years back in the blizzard, the guy started sprinting for the lockeroom while there was still like 30 seconds left in the half. He looked twice as miserable as the fans. That when I knew he wasn't QB ing on the lakefront too much longer.

If he'd a sprinted that fast between the stripes he could've returned kicks.
leadpipe
The Reverend

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL