Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Backup safety Mike Adams signed ...

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Backup safety Mike Adams signed ...

Unread postby swerb » Mon Apr 02, 2007 5:12 pm

http://www.kffl.com/article.php/65374/115

Browns sign FS Adams to two-year contractPrint this article | Email this article

April 2, 2007

By SportsTicker

BEREA, Ohio (Ticker) -- The Cleveland Browns continued an extremely busy offseason Monday, signing safety Mike Adams to a two-year contract.

Financial terms were not disclosed.

Adams, 26, spent the last three seasons with San Francisco. The 5-11, 185-pounder played in 16 games with eight starts in 2006, registering 64 tackles and three passes defensed.

Looking to rebound from a 4-12 season, the Browns have added six players in free agency since the signing period began on March 2.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby jfiling » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:09 pm

Looks like a good signing, since there's no experience behind Jones and Pool that I can see. I wonder how he is on special teams?
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Unread postby jb » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:22 pm

jfiling wrote:Looks like a good signing, since there's no experience behind Jones and Pool that I can see. I wonder how he is on special teams?

Yep - another hole plugged.

Actually, I think they are way high on the kid from Va Tech as 3rd afety, an dthis guy is dpth in case one of the top 3 get hurt. Either way, they neded depth.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

new safety (aka the 49ers scraps)

Unread postby rawdawgexpress » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:57 am

Is this quantity or quality?

I'm pretty sure if he couldn't stick with the 49ers he's quantity. I'm pretty sure Ronnie Lott is not still playing.
rawdawgexpress

Re: new safety (aka the 49ers scraps)

Unread postby jfiling » Tue Apr 03, 2007 8:17 am

rawdawgexpress wrote:Is this quantity or quality?

I'm pretty sure if he couldn't stick with the 49ers he's quantity. I'm pretty sure Ronnie Lott is not still playing.

I think this is "If Pool or Jones go down we have someone who's played the game instead of someone with virtually no experience." Every FA signing can't be a home run, but ones that make the team just a little better (especially with depth) are just fine with me.
jfiling
Old School Writer

Favorite Player: Silky Johnston
Least Favorite Player: Buck Nasty

Re: new safety (aka the 49ers scraps)

Unread postby jb » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:29 pm

jfiling wrote:
rawdawgexpress wrote:Is this quantity or quality?

I think this is "If Pool or Jones go down we have someone who's played the game instead of someone with virtually no experience." Every FA signing can't be a home run, but ones that make the team just a little better (especially with depth) are just fine with me.

Well said. Yeah rawdoggie, that's what I was meaning to be saying. Veteran depth can be the dif between stealing a game and losing based on a few mismatches that exploit rookie or inexperienced players' errors. We saw too much of that last season in the backfield. These signings are probably nods to RAC. The last remaining nods, that is.

BTW - Don't discount the Browns 9ers connection. While he's not Tim MacDonald, it is possible he's not complete crap. Remember, he is abutt a backup.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h

Unread postby BadBecks » Tue Apr 03, 2007 9:34 pm

If you ask me, I'd file this one under Peek, Wright and McKinney...pretty much bodies wearing helmets to fill out the roster a bit.
"Don't Hassle Me...I'm a Local" - Bob Wiley (shirt)
BadBecks
Kid Cleveland

Favorite Player: Eric Turner

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL