Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

What the weekly Gosselin search reaveals - great draftpiece.

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

What the weekly Gosselin search reaveals - great draftpiece.

Unread postby jb » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:41 am

jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby furls » Sun Apr 01, 2007 9:57 am

Interesting indeed.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby swerb » Sun Apr 01, 2007 10:24 am

Good read. Gosselin is the best in the biz when it comes to covering and projecting the NFL Draft.

Certain guys are just players. Ray Lewis, Bob Sanders, Steve Smith, Drew Brees, Willie Parker, many others Im forgetting ... all of these guys fell greatly on draft day for being too small after being impact college guys.

For the Browns ... Slaughter, Brennan, Minnifield, Eddie Johnson, Mike Johnson - same thing.

This year Troy ,Pittman, and Gonzo fit that mold. Also the corner from UNLV, Kenny Irons, Lamar Woodley.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Lebowski » Mon Apr 02, 2007 10:41 am

Also the corner from UNLV

Not to hijack this thread, but with the increasing chances of us taking a CB on the first day this is a guy I do NOT want. Allegations of rape and being caught with over 100 estasy pills seems very Pac-Mac-ish.
- Lebowski
Lebowski
The Dude

Favorite Player: Z
Least Favorite Player: BE

Unread postby Guest » Mon Apr 02, 2007 11:51 am

Cincy will draft that dude then.

Unread postby furls » Mon Apr 02, 2007 12:27 pm

Yeah, without Chris Henry they are going to need someone to keep the drugs and weapons flowing. I would've thought 8-Ball would have been a perfect fit, with Ray Lewis as hired muscle/enforcer. Maybe they could pull some strings and get Rae Carruth out.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby jb » Mon Apr 02, 2007 6:24 pm

Lebowski wrote:Also the corner from UNLV

Not to hijack this thread, but with the increasing chances of us taking a CB on the first day this is a guy I do NOT want. Allegations of rape and being caught with over 100 estasy pills seems very Pac-Mac-ish.

Dude, I know that rug really ties the rug together, but all I heard on Siruis NFL yesterday was the extacy rap, not rape. Now I know this is gonna come off wrong like I'm Scott Pollard and 2nd grade tecahers from Strngsville are gonna stalk Swerb for this, but if you busted every college kid who has extasy in the past decade and wrote him or her off for life.......
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby Lebowski » Mon Apr 02, 2007 7:24 pm

Dude, I know that rug really ties the rug together, but all I heard on Siruis NFL yesterday was the extacy rap, not rape. Now I know this is gonna come off wrong like I'm Scott Pollard and 2nd grade tecahers from Strngsville are gonna stalk Swerb for this, but if you busted every college kid who has extasy in the past decade and wrote him or her off for life.......

You're right...it does come off wrong :-) :smile: :)

PFW's Draft Guide mentions the estasy pills and an alleged rape. I have a hard copy, so I can't provide a link, but I'll try to find one somewhere else. To be fair, charges were never pressed...but still, trouble seems to find this kid. EDIT: Here's a link about Wright leaving USC and the rape allegations : http://www.cstv.com/sports/m-footbl/stories/060205aaj.html

Plus, McCauley is arguably a better prospect, and he will be there for us in the 2nd. I'd steer clear of Wright.
- Lebowski
Lebowski
The Dude

Favorite Player: Z
Least Favorite Player: BE

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL