Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

NFL Draft Bash 2007

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

NFL Draft Bash 2007

Unread postby swerb » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:15 pm

The NFL Draft. Saturday, April 28th.

TheClevelandFan.com is teaming with Panini's to throw a huge bash for the Draft. Doors open at 9 AM, it's going to be held at the Panini's right downtown by Jacobs Field. Browns have the third overall pick, which will likely take place around 12:30 PM barring a trade up or down.

$1.50 drafts all day. Food specials, including on the Panini's sandwiches. We're working with Budweiser on a host of other promotions and giveaways. Sportstime Ohio is also going to chip in with some prizes to raffle off as well, and we'll be handing out free t-shirts to promote "The Morning Coffee", an endeavor we're working on together for their website.

There will be many, many more details still to come on this, and trust me, this is going to be the best draft party I've done yet.

And for anyone that want's to make a weekend out of it, the day before the draft, Friday April 27th ... my writers and I are teeing off around 10:30 AM, attending the Friday night Indians - Orioles game at the Jake, and several of us are staying downtown at the Mariott Residence Inn after.

Let me know if you're planning on potentially coming as we're looking to put together an approximate head count for Budweiser and Panini's, who will also be promoting the party all month at their location as well.
Last edited by swerb on Sat Apr 28, 2007 10:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby swerb » Thu Mar 29, 2007 3:25 pm

Just got some more details ...

Draft beer list

Miller Lite
Budweiser
Bud Light
Coors Light
Labatt's Blue
Sam Adams White Ale
Sam Adams Cherry Wheat
Harp
Guinness
Dortmunder Gold :-) :smile: :)

~2 monster sized plasmas
~16 flat screens

Budweiser is bringing enough glassware (shot glasses, beer steins, mugs) for every attendant to leave with something. Also they're brining Browns sweatshirts and t-shirts, Budweiser golf shirts & sweatshirts. Their promotions team and the Bud Girls will also be on hand.

I've got a meeting with Panini's owner and the Budweiser promotional people in a couple of weeks to discuss some other giveaways and promotions as well.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby pup » Thu Mar 29, 2007 4:17 pm

Bud Girls

:mrgreen:

As long as it doesn't end up the same way a certain night with the Jager Girls at Dagwoods did :eek :shock:
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby mistero » Thu Mar 29, 2007 9:40 pm

Swerb?? Going head to head with Barry's bunch over in Brunswick. What's a boy to do?

This is like the family splitting up. You're not going to murder the moderators of the 4 boards at OBR while you attend your child's christening are you?

Damn.....which way does JB go?
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Favorite Player: Miller High Life
Least Favorite Player: Natural Light

Unread postby HoodooMan » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:05 pm

This is like the family splitting up. You're not going to murder the moderators of the 4 boards at OBR while you attend your child's christening are you?

Nice.

(but it was his nephew)
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Unread postby swerb » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:12 pm

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby S4Aero » Thu Mar 29, 2007 10:51 pm

Caught in the middle. Damn, I hate that position. Swerb and I were the drivers of the previous bashes, and I looked forward to doing this one the same way. The split between Barry and Swerb is what it is. I hope both parties go well.

I'll miss those folks that don't make it to mine this year, and I'll miss seeing swerb at 6:00 AM before he tees off. :cry :cry:
S4Aero

Unread postby swerb » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:01 pm

Ernie, you know how shitty I feel about the whole situation, and I'd like to think we've become good friends over the years planning these parties. And thats not even mentioning all the great people I've met and become friends with at these events as well.

It's unfortunate that the fact that I have a Browns message board on my website has rubbed Barry the wrong way. He thinks I'm intent on stealing people away from his message boards. Im not. Its just not that important to me. His website is a business, and he feels threatened. I guess I can understand, even if hes off base.

Bottom line, no one should be watching the draft at home alone. Get your ass to Panini's downtown or Tony Roma's in Brunswick.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby S4Aero » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:36 pm

Swerb wrote:Ernie, you know how shitty I feel about the whole situation, and I'd like to think we've become good friends over the years planning these parties. And thats not even mentioning all the great people I've met and become friends with at these events as well.

It's unfortunate that the fact that I have a Browns message board on my website has rubbed Barry the wrong way. He thinks I'm intent on stealing people away from his message boards. Im not. Its just not that important to me. His website is a business, and he feels threatened. I guess I can understand, even if hes off base.

Bottom line, no one should be watching the draft at home alone. Get your ass to Panini's downtown or Tony Roma's in Brunswick.

I do know how you feel, Swerb, and that's a big part of why I feel the way I do about it. We have become friends, and that won't change.

Part (most) of the fun for me is seeing my friends at the party. We'll just have to find a new venue, and I'm pretty sure it will be at a golf course. We'll go hit 'em around somewhere this year - Manikiki would be fun!
S4Aero

Unread postby TatDawg » Thu Mar 29, 2007 11:44 pm

Hmmmmm This is a hard one.

I don't spend much time on the OBR anymore and Swerbs partys are always awesome, But Ernie is an old freind who I haven't seen since he left Bunkers and Roma's is about a 2 min. walk from my house...

Very hard call. I may just have to check out both partys! :lol:

I hope to see you all on draft day!
TatDawg

Unread postby Guest » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:33 am

You know I'm in Swerb.

Unread postby consigliere » Fri Mar 30, 2007 7:44 am

I'm in. Looking forward to the Orioles game and Draft Bash, as well as meeting up with everyone again and seeing some new faces.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby BadBecks » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:16 am

Does this mean we get to walk around introducing ourselves by our screen names or even the titles of our blogs???

I could already imagine getting slapped by random girls at Panini's as I try to tell her "I'm Kid Cleveland...don't you know who I f#@k'ing am!!!"
"Don't Hassle Me...I'm a Local" - Bob Wiley (shirt)
BadBecks
Kid Cleveland

Favorite Player: Eric Turner
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby swerb » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:32 am

BadBecks wrote:Does this mean we get to walk around introducing ourselves by our screen names or even the titles of our blogs???

I could already imagine getting slapped by random girls at Panini's as I try to tell her "I'm Kid Cleveland...don't you know who I f#@k'ing am!!!"

It's always one of the funniest things when having these parties ... so many people you've never met, know only by a screen name or moniker. Meeting all these new people, trying to mix all the real names in, all while drinking starting at 9 AM.

Good times though man. And if that Kid Cleveland line doesn't get you laid, I don't know what will.

"Where'd that guy I was just talking draft with go?"

"I don't know. He said his name was Kid Cleveland and he left about 10 seconds later with the Bud Girls."
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Eric » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:56 am

I need a new screen name :-( :sad: :(
Ernie Camacho for President
Eric

Unread postby swerb » Fri Mar 30, 2007 11:59 am

Eric wrote:I need a new screen name :-( :sad: :(

Eric, if you're serious ... I can change it.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby wmurphyhh » Fri Mar 30, 2007 1:41 pm

Well, I remember the first party at Bunker Hill. Didn't know anything about message boards, screen names, or the OBR. When I wasn't able to introduce myself with a screen name, this looked at me like I was speaking Chinese.

Hopefully things will be different this time...I've got a screen name. Now the Browns just need to keep Matt Millen from screwing us over!

I'm in and telling everyone I can about it.
Should be good time. If Atlanta decides they want CJ, it could be a great draft for the Browns.
Isn't it time something good happens in this town ?
wmurphyhh
"Murph"

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: Chris Johnson

Unread postby Guest » Fri Mar 30, 2007 2:08 pm

Yeah, this is going to be a tough one for me as well, as I'm sure there will be several people upset when I don't show up for the OBR Bash...although depending on my condition, I'll do my best to stop in and see Ernie, Kat, Spaz, Sobo, Kron, and the rest of the degenerates at some point.

But my posting on the OBR boards is down to next to nothing now, and I feel I should be with the rest of the staff at Paninis.

I'll make it up to the OBR group by getting drunk with all of them during Training Camp.

Unread postby swerb » Fri Mar 30, 2007 3:03 pm

Mitch, the plan is to tee off around 10:30 AM Friday morning.

I'm thinking Boulder Creek. Just an amazing, amazing course. 15 min from the airport, where you're coming from. See link below.

http://www.theclevelandfan.com/article_ ... php?id=502

Gary Benz is gonna play, probably Mike Roche from STO, and got another 3-4 maybes already. Hoping to be able to put together 3-4 foursomes.

~Finish golfing around 3 PM
~Grab a couple beers in the clubhouse, pay up the golf bets
~Head over to the hotel to shower and change
~Dinner, more drinks, Tribe game
~Followed by more drinks after the Tribe game
~Pass out
~Wake up
~Eat very greasy breakfast at hotel
~Stumble over to Paninis by 9 AM
~Party like its 1996
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Fri Mar 30, 2007 4:38 pm

That should work fine, as I'll be leaving NC about 4 PM on Thursday, and I'll drive up I-77, stopping for about 7 hours sleep in New Philadelphia...that way I can get up at around 8 and hopefully avoid the major traffic jams as I head the rest of the way up 77.

The course looks great. I'll bring life jackets for my golf balls.

Unread postby OSU Bucks Crazy » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:24 am

so all my buds n i are only 17 so this isnt really OUR draft party..........but we'll make it to the tribe game........yea kids read this site everyday to congrats
O_H_I_O
OSU Bucks Crazy

AAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.... Saturday and a real 2 day weekend

Unread postby jb » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:06 am

mistero wrote:Swerb?? Going head to head with Barry's bunch over in Brunswick. What's a boy to do?

Damn.....which way does JB go?

Ugh, last week was brutal at work. Not nearly enough times to fuck off on Browns' boards!

Mysetrio, I am only affiliated with and posting on one Browns site and this be it. The Nasdaq is closed for trading. That's all I'm gonna write about that.

I have only these nuggets of stupidity and pretense to add:

I don't golf because it means you have to set your beer down to swing, like, 10 or 11 times each hole. Can't have that.

I will see e'ry one who is coming in on Friday night at the Tribe game, and if any y'all make me buy a "Beer of The World" with my own money on my birfday, your karma will be negatively impacted. There will also be a kitty for the number of times people ask me why I am not in the bullpen since aren't I Paul Byrd?

I will crash at the Mariott Residence after keeping the party going as long as humanly possible in the G-way district and slurring the Flo-rida lyrics all night.

I will haul my carcass up the next day, get some of that FINE complimentary Residence Inn breakfast to sooth my innards (war non-instant Oatmeal) and take some Gas - X for the benefit of others.

I will head over to the Panini, pray Phil doesn't eff this one up, get a lil emotional one way or another after the picks, eat ALL that great Panini junk food I know and love from back in the day when the East Flats were the best scene between NYC and Chicago, not touch a Miller brewing product, and see if I can't work very, very hard to keep up my string of not being able to recall who the 3rd round pick was until the next day.

Draft day 2000 was so fun I STILL need people to remind me it was JuJuan Dawson..... Wish they would stop though.

Warning - if I like the pick, I may hug you.

I am not gay.

I will then push the thing into Saturday night as long as I can go and stay over for nigh two, and depart for points SE on Sunday.

Here's all I got to say on this whole thing Mysterio brings up, and I know there's lurkers .

WARNING: A-Hole preachey shit to follow:

Do what you want to do that makes yer draft day rock. Period.

You shoud go where you wanna go and do what you wanna do. If this be this event you want to hit, and it looks like it'll be epic, it'll be great to meet you. If that be another event elsewhere, you have the most fun humanly possible, meet some new peeps and connect with old friends, and be careful with The Man if you partake. Hell, hit 'em bolf like Deion Sanders ordeing pizza hut back in the day. No one who matters is gonna hate on yah. I know no one here cares.

Looks like Rich has put in some SERIOUS effort into getting an awesome location in the middle of a lot of shit happening where you can make this the ultimate boi's night out weekend. I'm looking forward to this like you wouldn't believe, and it'll be great to meet some new people from TCF and see any people I don't remember meeting from back in the day. 8) :cool: 8-)

Damn. I wish it were this Friday/Saturday coming up.

Hope to see y'all there.
Last edited by jb on Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:11 am, edited 3 times in total.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h

Unread postby jb » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:08 am

Swerb wrote:Just got some more details ...

Draft beer list

Sam Adams White Ale

This is the best shit ever.
jb

Unread postby jb » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:09 am

OSU Bucks Crazy wrote:so all my buds n i are only 17 so this isnt really OUR draft party..........but we'll make it to the tribe game........yea kids read this site everyday to congrats

Swerb - can underage get it as Panini is a restaurant?
jb

Unread postby jb » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:23 am

Swerb wrote:~Party like its 1996

For some of us, you left out the " 8 " .....
jb

Unread postby swerb » Sat Mar 31, 2007 10:55 am

OSU Bucks Crazy wrote:so all my buds n i are only 17 so this isnt really OUR draft party..........but we'll make it to the tribe game........yea kids read this site everyday to congrats

OSUBucksCrazy .... you guys are more than welcome to come to the party. You don't have to be 21 to get in there. Just to drink.

Hope to see your crew there, would be great to put the faces with the names. It's gonna be a great time.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby TonyBagadonuts » Sat Mar 31, 2007 11:33 am

Swerbie, as I told you on the phone brother, I am in like Flynn. Looking forward to getting back to the homeland, and I'm going to try like hell to make it in Friday for golf and the Indians/O's game.

Keep up the incredible work with the website. It'd so great for us out of towners trying to keep up with our teams.
TonyBagadonuts

Favorite Player: Frank Pentangeli
Least Favorite Player: Sam Gravano

I'm in

Unread postby BruceK » Sat Mar 31, 2007 6:35 pm

Finally, a draft party that I can get home via cab-- count me in.
BruceK
BJKResearch.com

Favorite Player: Reggie Dunlop
Least Favorite Player: Ogie Oglethorpe

Re: I'm in

Unread postby swerb » Sat Mar 31, 2007 9:16 pm

BruceK wrote:Finally, a draft party that I can get home via cab-- count me in.

Great to hear Bruce. Looking forward to sharing a couple cold ones with you after years of online sports talk and a couple phone conversations ...
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby FUDU » Tue Apr 03, 2007 7:46 pm

Swerb I think I may have to attend your party as its proximity makes way too much sense for somebody that lives in West Park. Medina is just too much hassle for me anymore.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby mistero » Wed Apr 04, 2007 6:06 pm

I like your location better too Swerb. It may sway me to the dark side.
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Favorite Player: Miller High Life
Least Favorite Player: Natural Light

Unread postby swerb » Wed Apr 04, 2007 7:10 pm

swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby jb » Wed Apr 04, 2007 9:26 pm

FUDU wrote:Swerb I think I may have to attend your party as its proximity makes way too much sense for somebody that lives in West Park. Medina is just too much hassle for me anymore.

U gotta show. I'll explain nba history to you so you properly appreciate the 80's celtics... LOL
jb

Unread postby FUDU » Thu Apr 05, 2007 12:58 am

U gotta show. I'll explain nba history to you so you properly appreciate the 80's celtics... LOL

Now you're giving me a great idea for a surprise for ya.
Criminals in this town used to believe in things...honor, respect.
"I heard your dog is sick, so bought you this shovel"

2011 TCF Stratomatic Champ
FUDU

Favorite Player: Me
Least Favorite Player: You

Unread postby HoodooMan » Thu Apr 05, 2007 7:14 am

Now you're giving me a great idea for a surprise for ya.

HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Unread postby RC » Thu Apr 05, 2007 8:57 am

Speaking of lurking,..... I used to be a big lurker of the other site.

I'm happy I decided to stumble over to this site after seeing Swerb say something about it over in C-Town Sports.

I'm over here now more than the old site.

Living in Girard with 2 little ones though makes it tough to go to a draft party but I'll be here with a couple of my buds complaining about the draft whichever way it goes.

Have fun at Panini's all.

RC
RC
Keepin' The Faith In Y-Town

Favorite Player: Kyrie Irving
Least Favorite Player: Chris Grant

Unread postby swerb » Thu Apr 05, 2007 11:48 am

Thanks RC. And if you can bribe the wife into kid duty, I'd love to buy you a beverage on the 28th ...
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby jb » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:14 pm

HoodooMan wrote:Now you're giving me a great idea for a surprise for ya.

Nuh uh.

U did not.
jb

Unread postby jb » Thu Apr 05, 2007 9:15 pm

RC wrote:Speaking of lurking,..... I used to be a big lurker of the other site.

I'm happy I decided to stumble over to this site after seeing Swerb say something about it over in C-Town Sports.

I'm over here now more than the old site.

Living in Girard with 2 little ones though makes it tough to go to a draft party but I'll be here with a couple of my buds complaining about the draft whichever way it goes.

Have fun at Panini's all.

RC

Long time no time.

I'm a few miles osuth of yah now. We should watch some games come fall.
jb

Unread postby RC » Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:40 pm

Definitely, I'll be in for that JB.

As for the party.....I'm working on wearing down the wife.....

kinda like watching Eric Snow wear down my nerves watching him during Cavs games.
RC

Unread postby RC » Tue Apr 17, 2007 8:34 am

Hey JB,

Email me about the party if you can. I'm at ronniechippsjr@yahoo.com

Thanks,

RC
RC

Unread postby tzxb4v » Tue Apr 17, 2007 2:41 pm

i'm in i'll have my ND jersey on!
tzxb4v

Unread postby Guest » Tue Apr 17, 2007 11:16 pm

tzxb4v wrote:i'm in i'll have my ND jersey on!

And this Buckeye fan will be hoping that the jersey will be an indication of the draft pick.

Unread postby Guest » Wed Apr 18, 2007 5:10 pm

Not this Buckeye fan.

But in the end it doesn't matter what I think anyway. So I ain't losin' any sleep over it.

Unread postby swerb » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:31 pm

Everyone in attendance gets one of each of these just for showing ...

"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby pup » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:39 pm

Sweet!
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby Guest » Thu Apr 26, 2007 9:50 pm

That's a sweet ass shirt

Unread postby consigliere » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:26 am

http://www.cleveland.com/living/plainde ... xml&coll=2

So every spring, the NFL draft offers opportunity. The event, a big so-what for many, is colossal for many more.

"It's a beacon of hope for beaten-down fans," said Rich Swerbinsky, among the beaten-downs.

"The Swerb," as he's known on his year-old Web site, www.TheClevelandFan.com, spends up to three hours a night after his kid's gone to bed, doodling about the draft online. He's throwing a huge draft-day party Saturday at Gateway Panini's Bar and Grill downtown with hundreds just like him expected primed and ready by 9 a.m. (The draft, held in New York and televised by ESPN, doesn't start until noon.)

"Interest in the draft this year is the highest I've ever seen it," said the 30-year-old bank vice president.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby Guest » Fri Apr 27, 2007 8:49 am

"The Swerb"
Gotta love it.
They should have put that picture of you from the BCFFL website in there.

Time to Arrive

Unread postby DrunkDawg » Fri Apr 27, 2007 12:12 pm

I'm brand new here but still planning on coming down tomorrow for the party. Think I'll have to get their earlier than 9 to get in? How big will this get and how big was it last year?
Here we go Brownies, Here we go!! Woof! Woof!
DrunkDawg

Next

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL