Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

As usual, Grimmace inspires confidence. Not so much.

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

As usual, Grimmace inspires confidence. Not so much.

Unread postby jb » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:12 pm

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/plaindealer/index.ssf?/base/sports/117507092546300.xml&coll=2&thispage=2

"In this business, a lot of things happen," Crennel said. "Sometimes there's no rhyme or reason for why they happen. Ultimately we decided to revamp the offense and as a result of that he ended up with another coordinator's job."

Me: Whaaaaa ?

Chudzinski is in the process of rewriting the entire playbook. "It's his offense. That's right. We're doing it all," Crennel said.

One decent nugget among the cliches and things that make you go hmmmm::

Chudzinski's offensive philosophy: "I think he has an attacking style, wants to try to provide balance and look for matchups. I think you'll see multiple personnel, multiple formations and then try to take advantage of matchups," he said.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby consigliere » Wed Mar 28, 2007 9:53 pm

You thinking more Cribbs in the O? Or, that they may draft some players to fit this style?

Not sure what the multiple personnel/formations comment hints at because I don't see any versatile players in the offense other than Cribbs and KWII. It might mean, if healthy, more KWII lining up in various formations I guess.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby Dozen » Wed Mar 28, 2007 10:41 pm

Consigliere wrote:You thinking more Cribbs in the O? Or, that they may draft some players to fit this style?

Not sure what the multiple personnel/formations comment hints at because I don't see any versatile players in the offense other than Cribbs and KWII. It might mean, if healthy, more KWII lining up in various formations I guess.

Maybe a AP and 8BALL backfield??? Image
http://www.thesportshole.com

http://www.youtube.com/TheSportsHole

I have never seen so many kok heads all lumped together like that ~ Yhimmie
Dozen
TheSportsHole.com

Favorite Player: my son
Least Favorite Player: venomous/bipolar

Unread postby mistero » Thu Mar 29, 2007 7:26 am

Duh, this screams Vickers to me. FB pass, FB plunge, FB toss sweep, FB punt, FB spikes the ball.
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Favorite Player: Miller High Life
Least Favorite Player: Natural Light

Unread postby swerb » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:11 pm

Chudzinski's offensive philosophy: "I think he has an attacking style, wants to try to provide balance and look for matchups. I think you'll see multiple personnel, multiple formations and then try to take advantage of matchups," he said.

I could be wrong, but isn't this pretty much what Davidson said verbatim when he took over for Mo C?
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Birdieman » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:35 pm

Cribbs, KWII, Vickers-yeah, mismatches to be had. But I think they're speaking of something more complete and far-reaching. Something like say, a real true to life NFL offense.

Mismatches can't happen unless you can spread the field with a strong-armed QB and some speed to keep safeties deep. Tim Carter is first evidence of that. Average as he may be, he still needs to be covered which will allow running room underneath for Cribbs and KWII.

Second evidence is Phil shopping Frye around the league. His puny arm didn't complete a single seam route to KWII last year even when he was mismatched on a LB. Didn't happen until DA started. I know because I waited on it all year-it's an unthreadable needle for Frye. So, Charlie essentially reduced KWII to an outlet receiver and Chud has quickly made it clear to Phil that he prefers DA's stronger right appendage. Sorry Charlie, but g'bye. Mismatches mean nothing if you can't exploit em. What good is it to have Cribbs on a LB if a safety is playing up close waiting to pound him into sand?

Overall it means that DA will be the starter come opening day with Russell or Quinn in the wings. The field whole field will be opened up so Edwards, Cribbs, and KWII have room to catch and run underneath against those mismatches. And since the safeties have to finally play deeper, Lewis has some room to run into larger holes carved out by a better OL.

Yep, a real live NFL offense led by a QB with a real NFL arm. Haven't seen it since Frank Ryan, and he was no Sonny Jurgenson. I can't wait.
Birdieman

Unread postby swerb » Thu Mar 29, 2007 1:37 pm

Man, I hope you're right Birdieman.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL