Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Local boy Gonzo- Would you draft him in Round 2?

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Local boy Gonzo- Would you draft him in Round 2?

Unread postby MadThinker88 » Thu Mar 08, 2007 1:54 pm

I'd be interested in bringing this guy home with the 2nd round pick (assuming he is still on the board).

I think Tony could solidify the punt return game (we all saw how much Cribbs struggled with punts at the end of the season) and help Cribbs with the kick return game.

On top of that he is a proven 3rd down/ clutch receiver that holds onto the ball. How many times forthe Browns did we see a 3rd down route come up short of the 1st down or get dropped?
MadThinker88
In Tressel We Trust

Unread postby Guest » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:11 pm

If we would pass on CJ(still the best player in draft in mye eyes) they sure as hell better not take any WR in the 2nd. And I love Gonzo.

Unread postby BadBecks » Thu Mar 08, 2007 2:48 pm

Well, I haven't seen any defensive linemen sign with the Browns yet. Along with that we still have an empty slot at RG. A 2nd round is a foolish luxery pick in my opinion.

Whoever gets Gonzo will get one of the suprise WR's in my opinion though. His hands and route running are better than most of the guys projected in round one.
"Don't Hassle Me...I'm a Local" - Bob Wiley (shirt)
BadBecks
Kid Cleveland

Favorite Player: Eric Turner
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby yogi » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:16 pm

NYG are my #2 team, having him as a target opposite Plaxico could be nice in a make or break year for Eli.

He'd fit in nicely for Toomer.
yogi
Jersey Accent

Unread postby swerb » Thu Mar 08, 2007 3:35 pm

Don't ask me why, I just have a feeling that Gonzo to the Chargers at the bottom of rd 1 is a lock. If the Pats don't take him with one of their two picks.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

YES YES YES

Unread postby tzxb4v » Thu Mar 08, 2007 5:28 pm

I think he was truely underrated and scouts may over look him the possibilities could be good for a second round pick. He had some big shadows over him this year.
tzxb4v

Unread postby furls » Thu Mar 08, 2007 7:39 pm

He ran kind of a blah 40 (4.44) but destroyed all other WR events at the combine. If he had run the 4.35 many thought he had in him, we wouldn't even be having this conversation. Frankly, I think that in five years we will say he was the 2nd best receiver in this draft.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby wmurphyhh » Thu Mar 08, 2007 9:04 pm

We have too many other needs to draft him with our 2nd pick.

We'd be the Lions of the AFC North - Edwards, Gonzo, and KW2 with no one to throw to them.

Also goes against the principle of building a smash mouth running team.
wmurphyhh
"Murph"

Favorite Player: Joe Haden
Least Favorite Player: Chris Johnson

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL