Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Some good news about Edwards

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Some good news about Edwards

Unread postby jb » Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:20 am

From PLuto:

http://www.ohio.com/mld/ohio/sports/16686711.htm

The decision to replace Terry Robiskie with Wes Chandler as receivers coach obviously is an attempt to connect to Edwards with a coach who can command his respect. The Browns, with a recommendation from team scout/adviser Paul Warfield, turned to Chandler, who made four Pro Bowls and caught 56 touchdown passes in his distinguished career. His last job was coaching the receivers for the Minnesota Vikings in 2005. Chandler can tell Edwards, ``Look, I played the game. I was good at it. Here's how it works, here's what you need to do.''

• Edwards is telling the Browns that he plans to start fresh in 2007 and that he learned from some of his mistakes last season. The Browns are glad to hear that and hope he follows through. It's not an excuse but it's a fact that Edwards is only 23 and was handed a $17 million bonus at the age of 21 -- and that's not exactly the ideal prescription for maturity. Sometimes, these young guys with lots of cash only learn some things the hard way -- when they are embarrassed.

Sure as hell hope so.

Put me in the camp that doesn't want to give up on Etwards and dump him, but that definately was very disappointed w/ his personna and believe he needs to improve his routine play consistency.

Easy there Mac. I'm just syain', not hatin'. :lol:
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby consigliere » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:37 pm

Edwards is a talent....as long as his mouth doesn't get in the way. The Browns need him to get his act together, especially considering he was Phil's first ever draft pick. If Braylon can get his head on straight and let his play do most of the talking, then we will have a good talent at WR for several more years. And, if he can get much more consistent offensively with catching balls, running routes, blocking, etc, I don't think the fans will mind some of his antics. In fact, if he is good, but a complete dick, he may be adored (Belle). Cincitucky fans love Chad Johnson....he annoys the piss out of me, but the guy performs. If Braylon was like that, or even a cut or two below that, I'd accept some of his stupidity.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Unread postby Dozen » Thu Feb 15, 2007 12:45 pm

agree
http://www.thesportshole.com

http://www.youtube.com/TheSportsHole

I have never seen so many kok heads all lumped together like that ~ Yhimmie
Dozen
TheSportsHole.com

Favorite Player: my son
Least Favorite Player: venomous/bipolar

Unread postby Guest » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:31 pm

Edwards' maturity issues don't bother me nearly as much as his stone hands.

Sure, his sideline tantrums annoy me, but not as much as batting short slant passes up in the air.

Unread postby furls » Thu Feb 15, 2007 7:49 pm

awesome hiko! :mrgreen:
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby pup » Thu Feb 15, 2007 8:06 pm

IIRC, didn't Edwards struggle with drops in his first couple of years at scUM, before they started to coddle him and make him feel wanted? Not that this is a trait that endears him to me, but the guy could very easily be a top 15 receiver in this league.

Whether it was his commitment to rehab, or he is just a fast healer, he deserves a lot of credit for soming back early. Now that is a trait that allows me to take it a little easier on him.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby swede » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:48 pm

I´m not too stressed out about Braylon.

Reggie Wayne didn´t set the world on fire his first two years. He had a pretty good QB, pretty good WR-partner, pretty good RB-buddy and Marcus Pollard was a damm fine TE a few years back.

No major injuries either I think.

There was some people who even said the b-word.

Who can forget Larry Johnson and Vermeil´s diaper comment.
There was a LOT of people who used the B-word over in K.C

I can go on with other examples, but it´s 10.45 pm over here and I´m pretty drunk.

I´m not too stressed out about that either.
swede

Unread postby swerb » Fri Feb 16, 2007 5:50 pm

LOL ... good to see you posting here swede.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL