Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Draft Poll - who do you want at # 5

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Who should the Browns draft at # 5 overall

Poll ended at Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:23 am

Brian Orokpo
16
16%
BJ Raji
9
9%
Matt Safford
0
No votes
Mike Crabtree
34
34%
Jason Smith
3
3%
Gene Monroe
7
7%
Mark Sanchez
2
2%
Beanie Wells
2
2%
Rey Maualuga
19
19%
Malcolm Jenkins
7
7%
 
Total votes : 99

Re: Draft Poll - who do you want at # 5

Unread postby pup » Tue Apr 21, 2009 2:57 pm

jfiling wrote:
TitoFrancona wrote:Personally, I'm hoping Curry drops to us. That's a no-brainer imo.

Same here, but I've changed my vote. Curry isn't an option in the poll, but if he's gone it has to be Orakpo. Defense and running win the AFC North, and I can't believe I forgot that.


Stopping the run and running wins in the AFC North. Does Orakpo help us stop the run? That is a serious question. So much time and analysis is spent on him as a pass rusher and if he can cover as an OLB, I for one have not rally paid attention to wether he can actually support the run. A solid positive response could change my overall tune on him, so if someone has it, let's hear it.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
User avatar
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan
 
Posts: 12020
Joined: Thu Jan 19, 2006 9:15 pm
Location: Eastlake, Ohio
Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Re: Draft Poll - who do you want at # 5

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Tue Apr 21, 2009 3:56 pm

Pup wrote:
jfiling wrote:
TitoFrancona wrote:Personally, I'm hoping Curry drops to us. That's a no-brainer imo.

Same here, but I've changed my vote. Curry isn't an option in the poll, but if he's gone it has to be Orakpo. Defense and running win the AFC North, and I can't believe I forgot that.


Stopping the run and running wins in the AFC North. Does Orakpo help us stop the run? That is a serious question. So much time and analysis is spent on him as a pass rusher and if he can cover as an OLB, I for one have not rally paid attention to wether he can actually support the run. A solid positive response could change my overall tune on him, so if someone has it, let's hear it.


Am I wrong, or does it seem like the DE position is almost never involved in directly stopping the run nowadays? They seem to be a 90% pass rush only position.
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Draft Poll - who do you want at # 5

Unread postby TitoFrancona » Wed Apr 22, 2009 5:21 pm

Personally, if I were calling the shots, unless Curry was available, I'd be tempted to trade down a few slots and pick up Raji or Orakpo. Or drop even farther down and pick up one of the USC linebackers (Maualuga or Matthews).

If they stay where they're at and Curry's not available, I'd be tempted to take Munroe if he's still there.
TitoFrancona
 
Posts: 1634
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:37 pm
Location: Sacramento, Ca
Favorite Player: Tito Francona
Least Favorite Player: Jim Thome

Re: Draft Poll - who do you want at # 5

Unread postby jordan kramer » Wed Apr 22, 2009 11:59 pm

TitoFrancona wrote:Personally, if I were calling the shots, unless Curry was available, I'd be tempted to trade down a few slots and pick up Raji or Orakpo. Or drop even farther down and pick up one of the USC linebackers (Maualuga or Matthews).

If they stay where they're at and Curry's not available, I'd be tempted to take Munroe if he's still there.

i'm really terrified that Orakpo will be the next Kam Wimbley.can he stop the run? can he fall back into coverage? does he have more than one move?

all i know about Raji is that he likes to smoke dope.

i'd take Curry in a heartbeat if he's there at 5, but i doubt he falls there.

i'm all for trading down to get Maualuga or Mathews (which includes taking Sanchez at 5 and trading him to the Broncos, Jets, or Bucs to do that), but that all depends if any teams will work with us.

so, what do i think they'll do? i think they're gonna trade BE to the Giants and take Crabtree at 5 and a OLB at 29. and i'm all for that. yes, i know our defense is awful and we need LBs, but our offense is equally laughable. i believe Crabtree will be a great NFL reciever
"i've been gettin G-ed up since i came out the hospital as a baby. i didn't wear pampers, i wore some slacks and some gators on the way home."
"in order for us to grow u gotta know, in order to love the brotherman, u gotta know the otherman. because one fish, two fish, red fish, blue fish. knick knack paddy wack, give the dog a bone." - Delonte West

"i'm going to pull your endocrine system out of your body" - Gary Busey
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Who cares about this crap?

WE GOT A MUTHA FUCKIN EARTHQUAKE MACHINE!
User avatar
jordan kramer
 
Posts: 1322
Joined: Sun Jan 04, 2009 10:24 pm
Location: "the brooklyn of youngstown"
Favorite Player: brown eyed girls
Least Favorite Player: my girlfriend

Re: Draft Poll - who do you want at # 5

Unread postby TitoFrancona » Thu Apr 23, 2009 11:57 am

I think it's pretty unlikely they draft Crabtree for a number of reasons. IMO, Macklin will end up being the better pro of the 2. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes before Crabtree.

But the Browns could use an OT and Monroe may be there.

Curry of course should be #1 on their board.
TitoFrancona
 
Posts: 1634
Joined: Thu Aug 16, 2007 1:37 pm
Location: Sacramento, Ca
Favorite Player: Tito Francona
Least Favorite Player: Jim Thome

Re: Draft Poll - who do you want at # 5

Unread postby Erie Warrior » Fri Apr 24, 2009 8:09 am

SI's mock draft would be hella sweet for the Browns. Curry @ 5, and Smith @ 29 (from Giants for Edwards). I could live with that.
This natural coozy comes free with every Miller Time
Image
User avatar
Erie Warrior
Goose Slayer
 
Posts: 6466
Joined: Tue Sep 11, 2007 5:50 pm
Location: Hampton, VA
Favorite Player: 1995 Indians
Least Favorite Player: Global Warming

Re: Draft Poll - who do you want at # 5

Unread postby bw » Fri Apr 24, 2009 9:59 am

TitoFrancona wrote:I think it's pretty unlikely they draft Crabtree for a number of reasons. IMO, Macklin will end up being the better pro of the 2. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes before Crabtree.

But the Browns could use an OT and Monroe may be there.

Curry of course should be #1 on their board.


Curry doesn't rush the QB. And that's what we need. I get a lot of my info from NFLN but I hear that if Curry don't go #1 he could conceivably fall out of the top ten altogether. I believe it. He's a good player, a very good player. I thought he might translate to 4-3 MLB but everybody's calling for him to play SSLB in a 4-3 set. In a 3-4, his best postion would be ILB. Not a value position. At all.

I also heard that Crabtree pissed the Browns brain trust off for one reason or another. Could be BS, don't know.

The problem with a 3-4 WSOLB is that if you miss, if he can't translate his College DE skills to the NFL in a 3-4 set -- You're screwed. There's no where else to play him. You miss on an OLT you can move to ORT or even inside to Guard. You miss on #1 WR, you can put in the slot or on the weakside. Or even use him in the return game.

I picked BJ Raji for the Browns. I been hearing noises about Tyson Jackson from LSU for the Browns. We need to, 1) Stop the run and, 2) Pressure the QB. A WSOLB in a 3-4 can't do that by himself. All the opposing O-Line has to do is chip him or double team him. An on-rushing D-Lineman is like a runaway train. It scares the beJesus out of QBs, O-Lines, coaches and everybody else. It disrupts the passing game and it slows the run game by forcing the RB to find a different gap to run to.

I don't know that much about Tyson Jackson. Is he the real deal? Does he grade out as a top five pick? I think Curry will be there. I also think we should pass on him. Great player, not a valuable position.
User avatar
bw
 
Posts: 868
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:14 am

Re: Draft Poll - who do you want at # 5

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 11:42 am

bw wrote:
TitoFrancona wrote:I think it's pretty unlikely they draft Crabtree for a number of reasons. IMO, Macklin will end up being the better pro of the 2. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes before Crabtree.

But the Browns could use an OT and Monroe may be there.

Curry of course should be #1 on their board.


Curry doesn't rush the QB. And that's what we need. I get a lot of my info from NFLN but I hear that if Curry don't go #1 he could conceivably fall out of the top ten altogether. I believe it. He's a good player, a very good player. I thought he might translate to 4-3 MLB but everybody's calling for him to play SSLB in a 4-3 set. In a 3-4, his best postion would be ILB. Not a value position. At all.

I also heard that Crabtree pissed the Browns brain trust off for one reason or another. Could be BS, don't know.

The problem with a 3-4 WSOLB is that if you miss, if he can't translate his College DE skills to the NFL in a 3-4 set -- You're screwed. There's no where else to play him. You miss on an OLT you can move to ORT or even inside to Guard. You miss on #1 WR, you can put in the slot or on the weakside. Or even use him in the return game.

I picked BJ Raji for the Browns. I been hearing noises about Tyson Jackson from LSU for the Browns. We need to, 1) Stop the run and, 2) Pressure the QB. A WSOLB in a 3-4 can't do that by himself. All the opposing O-Line has to do is chip him or double team him. An on-rushing D-Lineman is like a runaway train. It scares the beJesus out of QBs, O-Lines, coaches and everybody else. It disrupts the passing game and it slows the run game by forcing the RB to find a different gap to run to.

I don't know that much about Tyson Jackson. Is he the real deal? Does he grade out as a top five pick? I think Curry will be there. I also think we should pass on him. Great player, not a valuable position.


SD:

bw , I'd take Tyson over Curry , not impressed that he's all that just good.

TJ has the specs of Seymor and could have a similar impact playing alongside Rodgers in a Rotation with the Smiths and Corey Williams .

See BJ Radji as a duplicate and we have three NT's body types on the roster.

See Tyson Jackson as the true monster outside Seymor type DE big enough to play inside on 43 sets and strong enough to hold the point on the run and bring outside oressure collapsing the pocket allowing our OLB to make plays.

Prefer Sanchez falls to us at 5 to see the fireworks .

But I'd take Tyson Jackson first Alabama Smith second
and Mualuaga third at the five spot if i have
my druthers .

I don't believe Mualuga has to come off the field in 3rd down sets if you scheme him right and use him as a designated pass rusher flopping him around .

Kid can draw a bead and knock somebodies dick out at the POA and thats the key ingredient we don't have anywhere on this "D"

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Draft Poll - who do you want at # 5

Unread postby Crash Davis » Fri Apr 24, 2009 12:52 pm

JCoz wrote:
Crash Davis wrote:
JCoz wrote:
Crash Davis wrote:
Triple-S wrote:I'm even shocked at who I picked.

Chris Wells. Guy's from Akron and a buckeye and would be great to see the fanbase get excited about getting him here. You need a good ground game to win in the NFL.

granted I think this is an extreme reach and this pick would be better made after we trade with Denver for their 18th, or we could pick Clay III there as well.


I have heard rumblings that Wells could go to anywhere from the Saints at #14 to the Eagles at #21 so Denver 18th overall could work if the Broncos don't go defensive with both of their picks.

I have a feeling Clay III may go even higher than expected possibly at #15 or 16 to Houston or San Diego.


Wow, I could be way off base, but I think there is no way that Clay gets taken in the first round at all. I mean, he was never a 1st round talent from anything I've read in the media or felt while watching the kid. Add that to him possibly having tested positive for steriods, and I think he goes maybe in the 2nd round.

Top 15? I would be S-H-O-C-K-E-D.


With more and more teams running the 3-4 nowdays Clay III is perfect fit for the WLB spot. If he gets out of the teens I don't see him slipping by Mumbles at #23 as a replacement for Vrabel.


I guess I will be prepared to be surprised then, because I fully expect him to be on the board for the Browns second pick.


Keep in mind his uncle Bruce Matthews was recently named an assistant coach with the Texans but even though that's not my reasoning as the Texans have all but said they are gonna go defense and preferably front seven. Even if Matthews somehow makes it by Mumbles and the Pats the first time they pick again before us in the second round (KC's former pick) so he'd be scooped up by Billy there if he somehow falls out of the first round which I highly doubt he will.
"PREDICTION: R.I.P. Chief Wahoo"
User avatar
Crash Davis
 
Posts: 1856
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:54 pm
Favorite Player: Lawrence Vickers
Least Favorite Player: SteelerDramaQueenQB

Re: Draft Poll - who do you want at # 5

Unread postby bw » Fri Apr 24, 2009 1:00 pm

SoulDawg74 wrote:
bw wrote:
TitoFrancona wrote:I think it's pretty unlikely they draft Crabtree for a number of reasons. IMO, Macklin will end up being the better pro of the 2. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes before Crabtree.

But the Browns could use an OT and Monroe may be there.

Curry of course should be #1 on their board.


Curry doesn't rush the QB. And that's what we need. I get a lot of my info from NFLN but I hear that if Curry don't go #1 he could conceivably fall out of the top ten altogether. I believe it. He's a good player, a very good player. I thought he might translate to 4-3 MLB but everybody's calling for him to play SSLB in a 4-3 set. In a 3-4, his best postion would be ILB. Not a value position. At all.

I also heard that Crabtree pissed the Browns brain trust off for one reason or another. Could be BS, don't know.

The problem with a 3-4 WSOLB is that if you miss, if he can't translate his College DE skills to the NFL in a 3-4 set -- You're screwed. There's no where else to play him. You miss on an OLT you can move to ORT or even inside to Guard. You miss on #1 WR, you can put in the slot or on the weakside. Or even use him in the return game.

I picked BJ Raji for the Browns. I been hearing noises about Tyson Jackson from LSU for the Browns. We need to, 1) Stop the run and, 2) Pressure the QB. A WSOLB in a 3-4 can't do that by himself. All the opposing O-Line has to do is chip him or double team him. An on-rushing D-Lineman is like a runaway train. It scares the beJesus out of QBs, O-Lines, coaches and everybody else. It disrupts the passing game and it slows the run game by forcing the RB to find a different gap to run to.

I don't know that much about Tyson Jackson. Is he the real deal? Does he grade out as a top five pick? I think Curry will be there. I also think we should pass on him. Great player, not a valuable position.


SD:

bw , I'd take Tyson over Curry , not impressed that he's all that just good.

TJ has the specs of Seymor and could have a similar impact playing alongside Rodgers in a Rotation with the Smiths and Corey Williams .

See BJ Radji as a duplicate and we have three NT's body types on the roster.

See Tyson Jackson as the true monster outside Seymor type DE big enough to play inside on 43 sets and strong enough to hold the point on the run and bring outside oressure collapsing the pocket allowing our OLB to make plays.

Prefer Sanchez falls to us at 5 to see the fireworks .

But I'd take Tyson Jackson first Alabama Smith second
and Mualuaga third at the five spot if i have
my druthers .

I don't believe Mualuga has to come off the field in 3rd down sets if you scheme him right and use him as a designated pass rusher flopping him around .

Kid can draw a bead and knock somebodies dick out at the POA and thats the key ingredient we don't have anywhere on this "D"

SoulDawg


I'm willing to bet a beer that Maualuga don't even get drafted in the top half of the first round. I think he goes to Ballmer or maybe NE at best.

From what I've read about TJ, he could be another Gerard Warren. Great potential but doesn't always show up. Five or six sacks this year on a LSU D-Line that was loaded with talent? Not sold.

This is a really tough draft. We should trade down but nobody wants the pick.

I said years ago on that 'other' forum that drafting high was becoming more of a curse than a blessing. And it's true. I just don't see that much difference between the top five picks and the rest of the first round. Sure, there's some difference but not like it used to be in the old days. Are these guys getting better? So good that there's not enough difference in them to see? Or is this just a lousy draft?

I wonder if Shaun Rogers would be pissed if he had to move out to the Weak Side? If BJ Raji would step on his toes?
User avatar
bw
 
Posts: 868
Joined: Tue Apr 17, 2007 10:14 am

Re: Draft Poll - who do you want at # 5

Unread postby SoulDawg74 » Fri Apr 24, 2009 2:56 pm

bw wrote:
SoulDawg74 wrote:
bw wrote:
TitoFrancona wrote:I think it's pretty unlikely they draft Crabtree for a number of reasons. IMO, Macklin will end up being the better pro of the 2. In fact, I wouldn't be surprised if he goes before Crabtree.

But the Browns could use an OT and Monroe may be there.

Curry of course should be #1 on their board.


Curry doesn't rush the QB. And that's what we need. I get a lot of my info from NFLN but I hear that if Curry don't go #1 he could conceivably fall out of the top ten altogether. I believe it. He's a good player, a very good player. I thought he might translate to 4-3 MLB but everybody's calling for him to play SSLB in a 4-3 set. In a 3-4, his best postion would be ILB. Not a value position. At all.

I also heard that Crabtree pissed the Browns brain trust off for one reason or another. Could be BS, don't know.

The problem with a 3-4 WSOLB is that if you miss, if he can't translate his College DE skills to the NFL in a 3-4 set -- You're screwed. There's no where else to play him. You miss on an OLT you can move to ORT or even inside to Guard. You miss on #1 WR, you can put in the slot or on the weakside. Or even use him in the return game.

I picked BJ Raji for the Browns. I been hearing noises about Tyson Jackson from LSU for the Browns. We need to, 1) Stop the run and, 2) Pressure the QB. A WSOLB in a 3-4 can't do that by himself. All the opposing O-Line has to do is chip him or double team him. An on-rushing D-Lineman is like a runaway train. It scares the beJesus out of QBs, O-Lines, coaches and everybody else. It disrupts the passing game and it slows the run game by forcing the RB to find a different gap to run to.

I don't know that much about Tyson Jackson. Is he the real deal? Does he grade out as a top five pick? I think Curry will be there. I also think we should pass on him. Great player, not a valuable position.


SD:

bw , I'd take Tyson over Curry , not impressed that he's all that just good.

TJ has the specs of Seymor and could have a similar impact playing alongside Rodgers in a Rotation with the Smiths and Corey Williams .

See BJ Radji as a duplicate and we have three NT's body types on the roster.

See Tyson Jackson as the true monster outside Seymor type DE big enough to play inside on 43 sets and strong enough to hold the point on the run and bring outside oressure collapsing the pocket allowing our OLB to make plays.

Prefer Sanchez falls to us at 5 to see the fireworks .

But I'd take Tyson Jackson first Alabama Smith second
and Mualuaga third at the five spot if i have
my druthers .

I don't believe Mualuga has to come off the field in 3rd down sets if you scheme him right and use him as a designated pass rusher flopping him around .

Kid can draw a bead and knock somebodies dick out at the POA and thats the key ingredient we don't have anywhere on this "D"

SoulDawg


I'm willing to bet a beer that Maualuga don't even get drafted in the top half of the first round. I think he goes to Ballmer or maybe NE at best.

From what I've read about TJ, he could be another Gerard Warren. Great potential but doesn't always show up. Five or six sacks this year on a LSU D-Line that was loaded with talent? Not sold.

This is a really tough draft. We should trade down but nobody wants the pick.

I said years ago on that 'other' forum that drafting high was becoming more of a curse than a blessing. And it's true. I just don't see that much difference between the top five picks and the rest of the first round. Sure, there's some difference but not like it used to be in the old days. Are these guys getting better? So good that there's not enough difference in them to see? Or is this just a lousy draft?

I wonder if Shaun Rogers would be pissed if he had to move out to the Weak Side? If BJ Raji would step on his toes?


SD:

You've got the wrong report on Tyson, dude gives 100%
on every play and often has expended himself by the fourth quarter.

Rumor has it KC is looking at him as the third pick in the draft

Perfect rotation player, who will come in and tear it up
on every snap and projects as the perfect prototype 34 DE.

In a 43 he's slow for a DE , but in the 34 where run support is key he's a stud.

Has long arms and a true Pro sized body at just under 6'6" and three hundred pounds , would like to see him get stronger as he did only 20 reps at the combine , but that can be coached , you can't coach his size which is the best in the draft . and you can build his stamina if you can't slow him down to pace himself.

Perfect rotational player where you want em going full tilt until relieved.

Project Ray as a Charger if we can't trade down and pick him up .

Still would like to see Sanchez fall in our laps and take offers , don't really like a player in this draft at the five spot money wise except a QB.

SoulDawg
SoulDawg74
 
Posts: 3103
Joined: Sun Mar 11, 2007 1:36 pm

Re: Draft Poll - who do you want at # 5

Unread postby Jennifer » Fri Apr 24, 2009 5:02 pm

If the Browns don't trade down its pick will be Curry who will be available. If in the extremely unlikely possibility I am wrong the Browns will not draft Crabtree who will most likely still be available.
I never learn anything if everyone always agrees with me.
Jennifer
 
Posts: 1885
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:15 pm

Re: Draft Poll - who do you want at # 5

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:04 pm

ESPN reported today that the Lions already have a deal worked out with Curry. That's the back up plan if they can't come to terms with Stafford before the draft. The main snag so far is Stafford only wants a 4 year deal, where as Detroit wants a 5 year. It is ESPN FWIW.

I don't see Curry falling past KC.

I cannot find a ESPN link here are a couple others.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/04/22/lion ... t-in-case/

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/ ... -in-place/
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Draft Poll - who do you want at # 5

Unread postby waborat » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:30 pm

1. Monroe

2. Curry

3. Crabtree

One of em will be at the 5 spot
User avatar
waborat
 
Posts: 4096
Joined: Thu Oct 25, 2007 5:04 pm
Location: Concord
Favorite Player: Megyn Kelly
Least Favorite Player: Single digit temps

Re: Draft Poll - who do you want at # 5

Unread postby Jennifer » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:35 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:ESPN reported today that the Lions already have a deal worked out with Curry. That's the back up plan if they can't come to terms with Stafford before the draft. The main snag so far is Stafford only wants a 4 year deal, where as Detroit wants a 5 year. It is ESPN FWIW.

I don't see Curry falling past KC.

I cannot find a ESPN link here are a couple others.

http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/04/22/lion ... t-in-case/

http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/04/ ... -in-place/
Your last link has an interesting nugget. I had heard reports that the Lions were also negotiating with Smith who if they were successful would take ahead of Curry if the couldn't sign Stafford.

That Smith and Stafford have the same agent suggets such negotiating was not going on.
I never learn anything if everyone always agrees with me.
Jennifer
 
Posts: 1885
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:15 pm

Re: Draft Poll - who do you want at # 5

Unread postby Jennifer » Fri Apr 24, 2009 6:36 pm

waborat wrote:1. Monroe

2. Curry

3. Crabtree

One of em will be at the 5 spot

It will not be Crabtree at 5.
I never learn anything if everyone always agrees with me.
Jennifer
 
Posts: 1885
Joined: Mon Aug 07, 2006 7:15 pm

Re: Draft Poll - who do you want at # 5

Unread postby Danny Tanner » Sat Apr 25, 2009 11:34 am

I will be very pissed off if they take Crabtree. You don't draft WR high in the drafts. They are all replacable in the right system. If Monroe is there at 5 you take him and him and Thomas can sure up one side of your O-line for the next decade. I would be fine with BJ Raji as well. What a huge front line we could have with Rodger, Raji, and the Smith's. This is how you play the 3-4 have your big boys up front to stuff the run and let your LB's fly all over the place. D Qwell is a tackling machine and Bell Beau is going to be a clone of D Qwell. Beau is really going to suprise people this year. Same with Alex Hall let these young guys loose and see what they can do.


Also I really hope we find a good rookie Rb in the second round. I really want Donald Brown or I will settle for the kid from Pitt. Jamal Lewis is done as a featured back in the NFL. I really don't even have confindence in him being a short yardage guy. I really hope this new coaching staff uses Jerome Harrison to his full potential and then mix in the new rookie RB. A Lewis/Rookie.Harrison can be a nice rotation if used right.
Danny Tanner
 
Posts: 18
Joined: Sat Apr 25, 2009 5:08 am
Favorite Player: Lebron James
Least Favorite Player: Anything Boston

Re: Draft Poll - who do you want at # 5

Unread postby Guest » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:17 pm

I want Anquan Boldin with the fifth pick.

Trade it to Arizona for him and a fifth rounder.
Guest
 

Re: Draft Poll - who do you want at # 5

Unread postby aoxo1 » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:50 pm

GodHatesClevelandSports wrote:I want Anquan Boldin with the fifth pick.

Trade it to Arizona for him and a fifth rounder.


You do realize Boldin is going into his seventh year and has only played 16 games twice, correct?
I know more about pizza than you. Much more in fact. - Cerebral_DownTime
User avatar
aoxo1
 
Posts: 2934
Joined: Fri Dec 26, 2008 12:23 pm
Favorite Player: Hover Jetski
Least Favorite Player: Eric Wright

Re: Draft Poll - who do you want at # 5

Unread postby Triple-S » Sat Apr 25, 2009 1:57 pm

Anybody but Mark Sanchez.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6379
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Draft Poll - who do you want at # 5

Unread postby Funky Cold Luis Medina » Sat Apr 25, 2009 4:34 pm

Well, so much for the light at the end of the tunnel. Thanks Seattle.
I am the sumo florist, and flowers are my trade.
User avatar
Funky Cold Luis Medina
Insert Title Here
 
Posts: 182
Joined: Sat Oct 20, 2007 10:27 pm
Location: Arlington, TX
Favorite Player: Cory Snyder
Least Favorite Player: Everyone else

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest

Who is online

In total there is 1 user online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 1 guest (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest