Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

CLASSIC Simmons Super Bowl Column

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

CLASSIC Simmons Super Bowl Column

Unread postby swerb » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:42 pm

"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

very funny!

Unread postby yogi » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:32 pm

9:01 --

(Note: If I leave a time stamp blank, that means Jerramy Stevens dropped another first-down pass. I'm tired of typing it.)

That made me spit some pepsi onto my laptop!
yogi
Jersey Accent

Unread postby pup » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:40 pm

9:18 - Madden inspired the Hawks: They just went from their own 3 to Pittsburgh's 20 ... and then, in the spirit of everything else that's happened in this game, yet another dubious call (this time, a holding penalty) negated a Stevens catch inside the Pittsburgh 5. Shouldn't the refs just replace the yellow flags with Terrible Towels at this point?

And he had money on the Steelers!
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby HoodooMan » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:00 pm

(And ... cut! Great take, John! Now, do the spiel about how you shouldn't go for it on fourth down in your own territory, that's why you have a defense and special teams.)

and

If this were the WWE, the crowd would have cheered, Bettis would have held the trophy over his head, and then the Patriots' music would have started playing, followed by Belichick and Brady emerging to a chorus of boos, taunting Bettis with stuff like, "What's the matter, gettin' out while you can?" and "You're not the real champs until you go through us!" And then there would have been a huge fake brawl, followed by Bettis returning the following week for a tag-team match with Cowher as his partner.

Hilarious.
HoodooMan
The King

Favorite Player: Big_Lu
Least Favorite Player: Foldtop Sandwich Bag

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL