Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Big Boys Don't Cry

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Big Boys Don't Cry

Unread postby johnnyo » Tue Feb 07, 2006 12:05 pm

If you Browns fans had real jobs, you wouldn't have so much time to wonder what it would be like to win the Super Bowl. So many of you say that Steelers fans live in the '70's, yet I often hear how short-sighted the NFL is because they don't recognize the championships won by the Browns in the '60's. Talk about living in the past.

Remember, you'll get your chance at redemption next year. And if I forget, I would like to thank the Browns and their fans in advance for the two wins Pittsburgh will post against them in 2006.

ONE FOR THE THUMB, BABY!!!!!
johnnyo
Stiller Fan

Unread postby pup » Tue Feb 07, 2006 1:55 pm

Since I couldn't get a response on your other post, I will ask again.

Is Joey Porter a little boy who cries. Or does conspiracy theories only count when they are against your Sqeelers?
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby johnnyo » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:36 pm

I think you mean "DO conspiracy theories count..."

Look.... all games involve questionable calls by the officials. What about Polamalu's interception against Indy? How about the regular season game against New England - remember the clock issue? I'm sure you don't. Good teams overcome these things.

Maybe if Seattle hadn't dropped so many passes. Or didn't miss two field goals. Or didn't commit so many special-teams penalties. Maybe. But again, maybe not.

To call the Steelers victory lucky after they win their last four regular season games; then beat the number one, two and three seeds in the AFC (ALL ON THE ROAD) is ludicrous.
Ride it like you stole it.
johnnyo
Stiller Fan

Unread postby pup » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:49 pm

The Indy interception was a bad call. I don't remember saying it wasn't.

All I am saying is if Squeelers are going to call out the possibility of games being rigged, or that the refs were pulling for the Colts, then you can't be surprised when everyone turns around and says the same thing when the tables are turned. I don't think even you can deny that the Jackson push off and the holding call on Locklear were questionable at best.

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby buddycowley » Tue Feb 07, 2006 2:59 pm

Is this guy the same jerkoff that had his thread locked in the 'Cooler as well?

You want to hear about short-sighted?

Consider how "memorable" this post is of yours, because tomorrow you will be forgotten. Or at least remembered as another inbred hick Steeler motherfucker (literally).

Speaking of living in the past, what are you, seven? Your neener-neener-neener post is pretty sophomoric and childish.

I guess all of that Joey Porter watching has taught you at least something...whine, cry, and complain when things don't go your way; or rub everyone else's face in it when they do.

Those calls changed the entire dynamic of the game. You know it. I know it. Most "experts" seem to know it.

Yet, since you seem to have the need to legitimize it to everyone, it just proves that the Steelers winning was not fully of their own accord.

Buddy
buddycowley
'Crowley' For Short

Unread postby johnnyo » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:04 pm

Pup: The holding call was questionable, I'll give you that. The push-off in the end zone was just that - a push off. But do you really think that the reason so many Browns fans are saying the Super Bowl was fixed because of what Porter said? I doubt it. It seems to me it's simply because of the hatred they have for the Steelers. And I really don't blame them for the hate - I would hate to see the Browns win the Super Bowl as well, let alone their fifth one.

Buddy: Give me a break. I'm only responding to what has been posted already. As far as the inbreeding goes, I'd gladly have a battle of wits with you any day. But I would hate to fight an unarmed man.
Ride it like you stole it.
johnnyo
Stiller Fan

Unread postby pup » Tue Feb 07, 2006 3:13 pm

You act like the only people calling out the officiating as bad are Browns fans. This is not even close to true. The entire country is saying, except for the folks in Urineburgh. What is so hard to understand. When a call went against you, it was conspiracy this and rigged that. Now that the roles have reversed it is everyone is hating on you. That is stupid, but expected.

Thumb + Ring + Ass = Good times in Pittsburgh

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby buddycowley » Tue Feb 07, 2006 4:48 pm

Buddy: Give me a break. I'm only responding to what has been posted already. As far as the inbreeding goes, I'd gladly have a battle of wits with you any day. But I would hate to fight an unarmed man.

A classic response. The "I'm smarter than you" gig gets old boss.

Please, by all means, have a battle of wits with me. I'd LOVE it.

Responding to what has been posted already? You started your own thread here to blantanly call out Browns fans. What did you expect?

Go back to pleasuring yourself to the Fathead of Joey Porter you have stuck to your ceiling.

Buddy
buddycowley
'Crowley' For Short

Unread postby pup » Tue Feb 07, 2006 5:37 pm

Go back to pleasuring yourself to the Fathead of Joey Porter you have stuck to your ceiling.

Buddy

Now I know how Yogi felt on the Bill Simmons post. My IT department is going to be pissed that I need a new laptop!

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Unread postby swerb » Tue Feb 07, 2006 8:43 pm

Theres nothing I like less than an over-moderated forum, and this place will never become that.

That being said, theres nothing productive that could come of this thread at this point.

Fans of all teams are welcome here for great sports talk, but Steeler Fan needs to realize that this website is frequented by 99% hardcore Browns fans, and not the kind of Browns fans that were cheering for the Stillers this past Sunday. Starting a post taunting Browns Fan right now is akin to hittin on OJ's chick at the corner bar. You're just askin for trouble.

As happy as Stiller Fan is right now, Browns Fan is miserable. If you needed any further advice, check out this reader mail I got today. This is a real email someone sent me.

Swerb, this is a great website with very good writers. I have forwarded it to all my friends in town and those scattered amongst our great country. Most are die hard Cleveland fans so they will appreciate this site. I’ll tell you what; Pittsburgh winning was the biggest f-ing slap in the face. I’m still sick about it and it makes me hate the Browns for what they are putting us through. I don’t want to wait any longer for a competitive team….I want one right now…not tomorrow.. not next year…not two years from now…..NOW! Reality…not going to happen….so I’ll sit back and take all the f-king abuse I can from these white trash stooler fans until I snap and bury my forearm through their skulls! Have a nice day!

Browns Fan has a little pent up anger and frustration ... to say the least. I am equally as angry and frustrated.

No one likes a little smak more than I do, but in the future ... try to stay away from personal attacks. Attack the post, not the poster.
"It's like dating a woman who hates you so much she will never break up with you, even if you burn down the house every single autumn." ~ Chuck Klosterman on Browns fans relationship with the Browns

http://www.twitter.com/theclevelandfan
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL