Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Marshawn Lynch

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Marshawn Lynch

Unread postby swerb » Sun Jan 07, 2007 10:19 pm

It's hard to justify him over Peterson, but this kid is gonna be a stud. This is an excellent video.

www.calbears.cstv.com/sports/marshawn/
Last edited by swerb on Mon Jan 08, 2007 8:55 am, edited 2 times in total.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby furls » Mon Jan 08, 2007 1:32 am

I am a big lynch fan, and I am actually becoming less of a peterson fan.

Peterson will be good, but there are lots of good guys. I do not think that he will be elite. Marshawn Lynch reminds me of Laurence Maroney from Minnesota and I think he can be had later in the draft, maybe late first early second.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby swerb » Thu Jan 11, 2007 11:51 pm

The more and more I think about it, the less I want Adrian Peterson to be the Browns selection at the top of the 1st round this April.

Peterson's injury history and upright running style scare me. Taller backs with upright running styles seem like they have a hard time staying healthy at the next level.

Also, with Darius Walker, Antonio Pittman, Lynch, Peterson, and others declaring early ... this is shaping up to be a decent RB class that should still yield very attractive options in rounds 2, 3, and 4.

The way I see it ...

Adrian Peterson, Oklahoma
Marshawn Lynch, Cal
Darius Walker, Notre Dame (always thought he projected well to the NFL)
Michael Bush, Louisville (would be top 12-15 sans injury)
Tony Hunt, Penn State
Antonio Pittman, OSU
Kenny Irons, Auburn
Garrett Wolfe, No Ill
Dwayne Wright, Fresno
DeShaun Wynn, Florida
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby furls » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:24 am

I would really like the Browns to fix the line, give Droughns a fighting chance, and then draft a running back next year with the line one year better from well spent draft picks. Oh yeah, next year's draft is the draft of the running back.... Rice, Slaton, etc.

Of all the backs you listed there, I really like Tony Hunt as a steal later. He has decent speed and incredible size. We should be trying to put together a power running game here with Cleveland weather being what it is.
Coming from a Wolverine, we're the football equivalent of a formerly abused wife of a meth addict who just remarried the safe nice guy. We're just glad we have someone who's aware that it's a rivalry and that tackling on defense is integral. Baby steps.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby swerb » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:28 am

I like Hunt and Walker alot as potential 2nd round guys. I think both will be very good NFL backs.

Lynch will be long gone. I also like my boy Dwayne Wright from Fresno. I think Irons is overrated. Garrett Wolfe, despite being 5'7, will also contibute at the next level. His best friend right now is Maurice Jones-Drew.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby pup » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:53 am

I think it would be hard to pass up Michael Bush if he falls to the second round, as long as they draft a LT with their first pick.

I am a big AP guy and I think he is going to be an absolute stud at the next level. Too bad they have ignored the OL for the last 8 years.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby furls » Fri Jan 12, 2007 12:59 am

Here is my take on swerb's board:

Adrian Peterson, Oklahoma: Not sold on him, I think he has a good shot at being good, but I think he will be drafted to early at about 4-7. I am doubt he will be a franchise running back.

Marshawn Lynch, Cal: I like him alot. I think he will be a Laurence Maroney type (same size, speed, and skill set), and I think he will be successful.

Darius Walker, Notre Dame (always thought he projected well to the NFL): I like Hunt better. Walker is alright but vision and quickness have always been question marks for him.

Michael Bush, Louisville (would be top 12-15 sans injury): Not sure how I feel about him. Could be a McGahee situation or not, but he is a gamble.

Tony Hunt, Penn State: I think he is the 2nd surest thing in the draft at RB. I don't think he will be a game breaker, but I think he will be a big physical runner, a guy that is going to get you those non-sexy 130 yard on 30 carries games in cold sloppy weather or on astro turf.

Antonio Pittman, OSU: I don't think he projects well into the NFL, but he could end up being like a curtis martin, you never know. He is not big enough to be physical or to shed a lot of NFL tackles and he is not particularly fast, but he is pretty complete.

Kenny Irons, Auburn: Overrated and will not do much in the NFL (I will probably regret those words).

Garrett Wolfe, No Ill: He is going to be gimmicky guy in the NFL, a Megget-type situational back

Dwayne Wright, Fresno: Didnt really watch enough on this guy to formulate a good opinion.

DeShaun Wynn, Florida: Not impressed, and I am not sure that he has the quicks for the NFL. He looked good against Ohio State, but they were obviously not focusing on the Florida Running game.

-Kingpin74
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby swerb » Sun Jan 28, 2007 8:27 am

Uh oh. Bad timing here if the charges are true. Bengals may to be looking to deal uo for him now ...

http://kcbs.com/pages/191060.php?conten ... tId=296785
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL