Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

The Better team did NOT win.........

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

The Better team did NOT win.........

Unread postby yogi » Mon Feb 06, 2006 10:47 am

Sorry to disagree with you swerb, but the Squeelers got their ass kicked all over the field yesterday. The Seahawks came in with a superior game plan and executed it 90% of the time. Too bad the other 10% came on critical 3rd down plays.
The refs should have had bandit masks on also.

The Steelers have a tainted Superbowl win.
yogi
Jersey Accent

Unread postby furls » Mon Feb 06, 2006 1:00 pm

Executing at the crucial time is 90% of the game. It really doesnt matter what you do from your 20 to your opponents 20 as long as you are not too freakin stupid and quite honestly, a win is a win. I am no Steelers fan, but they did win the game and therefore, there is no "taint".

I personally think that Jeramy Stevens performance in the game was an absolute microchasm of the entire game for the Seahawks; he choked every time it counted. Do the Seahawks have better talent? Probably. Did the Seahawks have a better game plan? Probably. Did they execute this supreme game plan better than the Steelers crappy one? Obviously not.

I am sure they will cry for a long time in Seattle over the officiating which was at times questionable, but I didn't think any of the calls was a horrible error. Most them could have gone either way and the Steelers seemed to get all the breaks.

But the whole "better Talent" argument is why you still have USC fans saying they should be 2005 Nat'l Champs and why the 2002 Hurricanes still gripe. Bottom line, THEY ALL FAILED TO EXECUTE AND GOT BEAT THEREFORE THEY ARE THE LOSERS.

Mike
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL