Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Alright, Alright ... I'll Jump On The Effin Bandwagon

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Alright, Alright ... I'll Jump On The Effin Bandwagon

Unread postby swerb » Mon Dec 11, 2006 2:12 pm

Did I see that right last night? Was that really the New Orleans Saints that went into Texas Stadium and tore Bill Parcells and the Dallas Cowboys apart at the seams?

What a story. 3-13 last year. The city almost wiped off the map by Katrina. Rookie coach. 9-4, and cruising towards a division title and 1st round bye in the NFC Playoffs. And it could very well be those same Cowboys that they would be hosting in their first playoff game.

Drew Brees is having a MVP type season. The Deuce has stayed healthy, and Reggie Bush leads the NFC in receptions. The OL has played great. They have the best pair of bookend DEs in the league in Charles Grant and Will Smith.

And Sean Fucking Payton ... my god. This guy has been phenomenal. Did you see some of the genius playcalls last night? Parcells looked like he saw God after Karney got his third TD of the evening. The funniest part about the Payton hiring is that the other guy they were really looking at for the post was Maurice Carthon. They almost re-created Bowie over Jordan all over again there.

Bottom line - this teams gonna be in the NFC Championship game, most likely at Chicago. With a pretty damn good shot to play in the Super Bowl.

Its one of the greatest stories in recent NFL history. Why can't shit like that ever happen with the Browns?
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby pup » Mon Dec 11, 2006 3:03 pm

All we need is a Major Natural Disaster :lol:
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby yogi » Mon Dec 11, 2006 5:52 pm

Its not smoke and mirrors.

What you have in the Saints was a team that was coming on a few years ago, got sidetracked with some bad-luck and hit with a natural disaster to boot.

Had a poor record, got a new coach, high draft picks, hit it big with a vet QB coming into his own and voilla!

Sean Payton, Super-genious!

The Saints were under achieveing. Now they're playing up to their capabilities.

It can happen to us as well. We now have piece parts on this dysfunctional team, where as before, we had nuttin!

I would not be surprised if next year (RAC coach next year or no) we have a big year. It starts with a good off-season and draft.
yogi
Jersey Accent

Unread postby consigliere » Mon Dec 11, 2006 7:54 pm

yogi wrote:The Saints were under achieveing. Now they're playing up to their capabilities.

I don't know about that.

The Saints had a sensational offseason. Hired a helluva coach.....drafted Bush and Colston....signed Brees.....revamped the entire o-line.....traded Stallworth for help on the defense. I don't see a lot to build on before they made all these moves except McAllister (who was coming off major injury and Horn who is old).

This team hit it all in FA and the draft last year, as well as hitting the lottery on a new coach that has this team possibly over-achieving if you ask me.
Indians Prospect Insider: http://www.indiansprospectinsider.com/
consigliere

Favorite Player: Jeff Stevens
Least Favorite Player: Carl Willis

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL