Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

ManKok will build this team through the draft.

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

ManKok will build this team through the draft.

Unread postby Pufferbelly » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:32 pm

After hearing both of them its clear they want to build the team through the draft and build it with players who wont be out there for themselves but out there for the team and the fans. With those two peices of information in mind I think we may see some guys being dealt for picks. Heres who I think might be possible trade candidates and what I think they could get in return.

Anderson- 3rd and 7th rounder
Edwards- 2nd rounder
Winslow- 2nd rounder

Edwards and Winslow because they dont seem to fit ManKoks vision for character and team/winning first.

Anderson because Manginis description of his ideal QB sounded like Quinn and Anderson is owed that 5 mil.
Pufferbelly

Re: ManKok will build this team through the draft.

Unread postby Ziner » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:45 pm

Pufferbelly wrote:
Edwards- 2nd rounder
Winslow- 2nd rounder

Anderson - not a chance. He MAY be able to be traded for a 4th or 5th rounder... maybe. Probably a 6th if at all. He isnt a hot commodity, thanks for blowing that one Phil

Edwards - please see other threads. BE is not going anywhere. He is certainly not going anywhere for a 2nd. At minimum we will need a 1st just to replace him. What is the point of trading him for a 2nd. You are not going to be able to replace him for a 2nd, thus you weaken the team.

Winslow - I would not trade him for at least a 2nd and 5th. The Giants got that out of the Saints so I think you are undervaluing him. I would be willing to deal him but I would prefer a late first or at minimum a mid 2nd rounder and 5th rounder (which is more likely than a 1st obviously). I keep seeing Buffalo in mocks picking up Brandon Pettigrew. Perhaps we could get their 2nd and 4th or so for Winslow, then instead they would have a sure thing and we could then use Heiden and Rucker.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby mistero » Mon Jan 26, 2009 9:49 pm

Does it stike anyone as odd that Savage, a draft guy ,spent so much on FA and George K is a pro personnel guy who wants to build through the draft??

Another case of square pegs?
In Chud We Trust
mistero

Favorite Player: Miller High Life
Least Favorite Player: Natural Light

Unread postby Crash Davis » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:11 pm

Ziner wrote:
Pufferbelly wrote:
Edwards- 2nd rounder
Winslow- 2nd rounder

Anderson - not a chance. He MAY be able to be traded for a 4th or 5th rounder... maybe. Probably a 6th if at all. He isnt a hot commodity, thanks for blowing that one Phil

Edwards - please see other threads. BE is not going anywhere. He is certainly not going anywhere for a 2nd. At minimum we will need a 1st just to replace him. What is the point of trading him for a 2nd. You are not going to be able to replace him for a 2nd, thus you weaken the team.

Winslow - I would not trade him for at least a 2nd and 5th. The Giants got that out of the Saints so I think you are undervaluing him. I would be willing to deal him but I would prefer a late first or at minimum a mid 2nd rounder and 5th rounder (which is more likely than a 1st obviously). I keep seeing Buffalo in mocks picking up Brandon Pettigrew. Perhaps we could get their 2nd and 4th or so for Winslow, then instead they would have a sure thing and we could then use Heiden and Rucker.

I hear ya Z but it looks like the Browns according to NFL Network's Adam Schefter think they can get a second rounder or at least won't part with DA unless they can obtain a 2nd rounder. I would be happy with a 3rd and extremely happy with a second.

"To get Anderson is going to cost at least a second-round pick, and maybe a first, and that's a steep price. Then again, Minnesota traded its 1 last year and that worked out pretty well, didn't it?"

http://chat.nfl.com/front/archived_chat/104
"PREDICTION: R.I.P. Chief Wahoo"
Crash Davis

Favorite Player: Lawrence Vickers
Least Favorite Player: SteelerDramaQueenQB

Unread postby Ziner » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:23 pm

Crash Davis wrote:
Ziner wrote:
Pufferbelly wrote:
Edwards- 2nd rounder
Winslow- 2nd rounder

I hear ya Z but it looks like the Browns according to NFL Network's Adam Schefter think they can get a second rounder or at least won't part with DA unless they can obtain a 2nd rounder. I would be happy with a 3rd and extremely happy with a second.

"To get Anderson is going to cost at least a second-round pick, and maybe a first, and that's a steep price. Then again, Minnesota traded its 1 last year and that worked out pretty well, didn't it?"

http://chat.nfl.com/front/archived_chat/104

If they even get a third I would be suprised. Of course they can say they think they can get more than they can though.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:35 pm

Heres how i see it....

DA- gone....no matter what, he is gone. Sure, Kokinis and Mangini are acting hard and hoping for a nice draft pick. Chances are, we dont get many nice offers and end up parting ways with him for a 2nd day pick. The main thing is getting rid of his contract and roster bonus. Also, there needs to be NO qb controversy, and there wont.

Braylon- as much as i hate him, we wont get jackshit in return for him. If any receiver gets dumped, itll be donte stallworth. Who would we put in his spot? Steptoe? Donte? Free Agent? no way

K2- I can go both ways on this. I think he is a playmaker and has great ability. BUt.......i know his knees are a ticking time bomb, he will never be 100%, wants a new contract to be the highest paid TE, and o ya...drew rosenhaus is his agent. If we could get a 2nd round draft pick (33-45), then id strongly consider.
4thQtrGlory

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: NE Ohio Steeler Fan

Unread postby Triple-S » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:37 pm

4thQtrGlory wrote:Heres how i see it....

DA- gone....no matter what, he is gone. Sure, Kokinis and Mangini are acting hard and hoping for a nice draft pick. Chances are, we dont get many nice offers and end up parting ways with him for a 2nd day pick. The main thing is getting rid of his contract and roster bonus. Also, there needs to be NO qb controversy, and there wont.

Braylon- as much as i hate him, we wont get jackshit in return for him. If any receiver gets dumped, itll be donte stallworth. Who would we put in his spot? Steptoe? Donte? Free Agent? no way

K2- I can go both ways on this. I think he is a playmaker and has great ability. BUt.......i know his knees are a ticking time bomb, he will never be 100%, wants a new contract to be the highest paid TE, and o ya...drew rosenhaus is his agent. If we could get a 2nd round draft pick (33-45), then id strongly consider.

I can see some team offering us a 2-3rd..but maybe thats just me. He's young and some what of a vetaran, something in need for teams like Detroit and Minnesota.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories

Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Unread postby peeker643 » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:45 pm

Triple-S wrote:

I can see some team offering us a 2-3rd..but maybe thats just me. He's young and some what of a vetaran, something in need for teams like Detroit and Minnesota.

Maybe having a shitty coach and organization pays off in this case. Maybe some mope looks at DA and watches him throw 20-yd square ins and says, "Shit, this kid can throw a fuckin' ball, he's got great size and he's won in the past."

Certainly there have been more egregious mistakes made. Making it all the better is that whatever organization would say that would be shitty enough itself to be picking high in whatever round they give up to get him.

Yeah..... that's what I'm going with. For my own personal sanity.
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Mon Jan 26, 2009 11:48 pm

Triple-S wrote:

Detroit will draft a QB with the first pick, and Minny could very well end up committing to Tavaris Jackson. Although Minny might come calling on draft day, do you REALLY think that we could get a 2nd or 3rd? The Raiders traded Randy Moss for a 4th rounder. I hope you are right, but i think it'll be a 4th rounder.
4thQtrGlory

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:08 am

Triple-S wrote:

Well there were rumors about Opie joining on in Detroit. Maybe he wants to make up for his mistakes and prove he was right about signing DA to a contract.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:08 am

I think we can get a first-day pick for DA. Some GM is going to look at that size, that arm, and the starting experience and say, This guy has proven he can start and win in this league. He has some deficiencies, but he was also stuck in an awful situation in Cleveland; the fans were all over him from the start, his receivers couldn't catch a cold running barefoot through Barrow in January, there were injuries on the offensive line, etc etc... it wouldn't surprise me at all to see someone offer up a 2nd or 3rd.
hermanfontenot
History Buff

Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:13 am

HermanFontenot wrote:I think we can get a first-day pick for DA. Some GM is going to look at that size, that arm, and the starting experience and say, This guy has proven he can start and win in this league. He has some deficiencies, but he was also stuck in an awful situation in Cleveland; the fans were all over him from the start, his receivers couldn't catch a cold running barefoot through Barrow in January, there were injuries on the offensive line, etc etc... it wouldn't surprise me at all to see someone offer up a 2nd or 3rd.

I hope you guys are right, i hope im wrong!
4thQtrGlory

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:15 am

4thQtrGlory wrote:
HermanFontenot wrote:I think we can get a first-day pick for DA. Some GM is going to look at that size, that arm, and the starting experience and say, This guy has proven he can start and win in this league. He has some deficiencies, but he was also stuck in an awful situation in Cleveland; the fans were all over him from the start, his receivers couldn't catch a cold running barefoot through Barrow in January, there were injuries on the offensive line, etc etc... it wouldn't surprise me at all to see someone offer up a 2nd or 3rd.

Me too, I will take a 2nd or 3rd, but I am expecting lower than a 4th to being released outright.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby ilasch » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:30 am

Ziner wrote:
4thQtrGlory wrote:

Me too, I will take a 2nd or 3rd, but I am expecting lower than a 4th to being released outright.

At the time he was traded, Matt Schaub had the following stats in actual NFL games:
84 completions
161 attempts
52.2% complete
1,033 yards
6.42 yards per attempt
6 TDs
6 INTs
72.30 qb rating

Derek Anderson, so far in his career, has the following stats:
506 completions
927 attempts
54.6% complete
6,195 yards
6.68 yards per attempt
9 TDs
8 INTs
75.1 qb rating

The Falcons received two 2nd round draft picks and swapped places in the first round. Though they only moved up two spots, from #10 to #8, that's the equivalent of a 4th-round pick by the draft value chart most teams use. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/n ... id=2410670)

Keeping in mind that Anderson also has one more Pro Bowl on his resume than Matt Schaub had, doesn't it seem possible that maybe someone out there will give up a 2nd rounder for him?
ilasch

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:39 am

ilasch wrote:
Ziner wrote:
4thQtrGlory wrote:

At the time he was traded, Matt Schaub had the following stats in actual NFL games:
84 completions
161 attempts
52.2% complete
1,033 yards
6.42 yards per attempt
6 TDs
6 INTs
72.30 qb rating

Derek Anderson, so far in his career, has the following stats:
506 completions
927 attempts
54.6% complete
6,195 yards
6.68 yards per attempt
9 TDs
8 INTs
75.1 qb rating

The Falcons received two 2nd round draft picks and swapped places in the first round. Though they only moved up two spots, from #10 to #8, that's the equivalent of a 4th-round pick by the draft value chart most teams use. (http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/draft06/n ... id=2410670)

Keeping in mind that Anderson also has one more Pro Bowl on his resume than Matt Schaub had, doesn't it seem possible that maybe someone out there will give up a 2nd rounder for him?

He actually has 43 TD's and 35 INT's you grabbed his 2008 stats for that. His 2008 QB rating is also 66.5

Regardless, I am just telling you the way it is. People didnt see enough of Schaub when they traded him, thus he wasnt tainted. Schaub this year also completed 66.1% good for 4th this year so obviously people saw a QB that was accurate. DA in 2008 was 32nd at a awful 50.2%. No one can deny he had a great 2007... at least the first half.

Put it this way, what would you do if ManKok traded away 2 2nds or even 1 2nd for DA with those stats coming off a year like that. You'd be pissed. I could be wrong and someone out there could be crazy, but I doubt it.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby jb » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:48 am

That's what they all say at the start. It's kinda like a Jurassic Park sequel.

Firs there's the "build thru the draft", then there's two six win seasons and the drum beats start. The kids they hand jobs to to validate their genius aren't ready or aren't alll that good and then , whoosh, here come the FA's.
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby jb » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:50 am

The best thing we have going for us as far as DA's value is our piss poor reputation.

There have to be those who will blame the org and not the player or coach after all the f ups that have come out of Berea. Maybe this raises DA's value?
jb

Unread postby noles1 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 9:55 am

I don't see what DA's weaknesses are... I think he is going to be great.

Signed,
Scott Mitchell
Playing here is the closest thing to heaven. Really, I mean it's amazing to be in a place where the fans truly cherish their football team and stick behind them win or lose. We players love them, too. I feel a sense of accomplishment playing here, we are a special breed of football players with a great opportunity." ~ tOSU LB Brian Rolle
noles1

Favorite Player: Jason Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Mark May's Parents

Unread postby jameseboy » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:32 am

Trading Edwards and Winslow would be addition by subtraction. If you traded em for a bag of balls you would upgrade the team. I dont have any idea what you might get for them but they should move them for whatever the best deal might be and not look back. Just take the money you would have paid them and use it on free agents.
jameseboy

Unread postby oberle » Tue Jan 27, 2009 10:55 am

JB wrote:That's what they all say at the start. It's kinda like a Jurassic Park sequel.

Firs there's the "build thru the draft", then there's two six win seasons and the drum beats start. The kids they hand jobs to to validate their genius aren't ready or aren't alll that good and then , whoosh, here come the FA's.

If I may jump in here.

Look at it this way.

Randy discovered that throwing a whole lot of money at a coach given to panic attacks wasn't a bright idea, so he went out and found a coach who acted like he was in a coma on the sideline.

So why didn't that work? The coach was a rookie; obviously.

Apparently Randy decided that the process was good, but the choices were 'unfortunate.' So he got rid of his 'mistakes' and proceeded to hire a guy who used to coach with the Pats, but this time he's got head coaching experience.

Then he goes out and hires a guy from the Ravens front office, just like last time.

The new guys are saying the same things the old guys said, so that 'proves' that the process works, right?

Fasten your seat belts, I predict that we are heading for four more years of 'rudderless suck.'

But then, I'm an optimist.
Cleveland, you gotta be tough!

(135 & Counting)
oberle
Ain't Rocket Science

Unread postby Madre Hill, Superstar » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:23 am

Meh. Mangini and Kokinis's relation to Romeo 'n Phil are incidental. Cowher was Lerner's first choice, after all, and if Shanahan returns his calls, maybe things take a different turn. Kokinis got Accorsi's seal of approval, and I wonder how much influence Ernie had in hiring Mangini as well.

(Tangentially: Why did it take me until right now to realize that the Rat's all but waiting for Norv to get the boot from San Diego?)
"The fucking Who...... If I want to watch old people run around ill go set fire to a nursing home." - CDT
Madre Hill, Superstar
Eternal Optimist

Favorite Player: The Playa
Least Favorite Player: The Game

Unread postby Hydra Melee » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:09 pm

jameseboy wrote:Trading Edwards and Winslow would be addition by subtraction. If you traded em for a bag of balls you would upgrade the team. I dont have any idea what you might get for them but they should move them for whatever the best deal might be and not look back. Just take the money you would have paid them and use it on free agents.

That better be one talented bag of balls.

We do NOT have enough in the receiving corps to "add by subtracting".
"Paul Hubbard for the Practice Squad" publicity game: Contestants are run to Berea in the middle of the night and spray paint their name and address on a window at the Browns' office. First person arrested gets to make a public announcement outside the courthouse that Paul Hubbard must be given a spot on the Browns' practice squad for the 2009 season.
Hydra Melee

Favorite Player: David Veikune
Least Favorite Player: Random Steeler

Unread postby OrangeElf » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:50 pm

Hydra Melee wrote:
jameseboy wrote:Trading Edwards and Winslow would be addition by subtraction. If you traded em for a bag of balls you would upgrade the team. I dont have any idea what you might get for them but they should move them for whatever the best deal might be and not look back. Just take the money you would have paid them and use it on free agents.

That better be one talented bag of balls.

We do NOT have enough in the receiving corps to "add by subtracting".

+1 Braylon has to be rehabilitated and the coaches need to bust his balls this summer. He is certainly capable of great things if he'd ever get his head straightened out.
"On the Brown and Orange bandwagon since 1972 and never gettin' off"
OrangeElf

Favorite Player: Gene Hickerson
Least Favorite Player: Any in Black~n~Gold

Unread postby pod2dawg » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:54 pm

I'm pretty much convinced I could GM or coach the Browns..well better than the last decade's results anyway. I'm going to immediately apply for a non-paying ball-boy job and start the journey. :cheers:
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby OrangeElf » Tue Jan 27, 2009 12:59 pm

pod2dawg wrote:I'm pretty much convinced I could GM or coach the Browns..well better than the last decade's results anyway. I'm going to immediately apply for a non-paying ball-boy job and start the journey. :cheers:

Looking at the track record of GM's we've had since the return I don't doubt you.

Clark, Butch/Pete Garcia, Opie.
"On the Brown and Orange bandwagon since 1972 and never gettin' off"
OrangeElf

Favorite Player: Gene Hickerson
Least Favorite Player: Any in Black~n~Gold

Unread postby BruceK » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:39 pm

Re: possible market for DA

Has Chudzinkski landed a job yet? That could play a part in any interest for DA
BruceK
BJKResearch.com

Favorite Player: Reggie Dunlop
Least Favorite Player: Ogie Oglethorpe

Unread postby Ziner » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:40 pm

BruceK wrote:Re: possible market for DA

Yeah in San Diego. Nice thought though
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Unread postby bw » Tue Jan 27, 2009 1:50 pm

JB wrote:

The best thing we have going for us as far as DA's value is our piss poor reputation.

There have to be those who will blame the org and not the player or coach after all the f ups that have come out of Berea. Maybe this raises DA's value?

I don't believe we should give DA away for a song. I keep hearing about his 'roster bonus' coming up. So what? Five Million? Big deal. The Pats are seriously considering slapping the 'Franchise' tag on Cassell. Which is -- What? Around 11 or 12 Million a year? And I bet Tom Brady ain't exactly cheap.

People don't want to give us what a Pro Bowl QB is worth? They can pound salt.

People, listen to me -- We have some serious talent on this team. Injuries just KILLED us last year. DA didn't just suddenly forget how to play football. He was getting killed by Defenses because our O-Line was in shambles and half our receivers (or more) were hobbled or out. Add to that the fact that Jamal hasn't lost one step -- He's lost two, and you have a recipe for disaster. Like the one we experienced last year.

If Mother Tucker comes back, we find a Right Guard, we find or draft a weak side DE, we find or draft a couple Linebackers, we find or draft a Cornerback (some say McDonald ain't all that bad???) and we're on the road to many happy, beer-filled Sundays on the way to the playoffs.

And maybe I'm wrong about us needing to replace Robaire Smith. Maybe he's decent enough?? A couple Linebackers -- One in the Draft one in FA, maybe a Corner. Maybe not?? Have our O-Line return to health, our receivers get healthy. The last I heard, Joe J said he'd be back, BE's biggest mistake is getting too excited before he actually has control of the ball, same-same K2.

I understand why RAC and Phil had to go. Even if they weren't the cause of our demise last year, they had to go. I understand how those things work. But to dismantle this team? Madness. Sheer madness.
bw

Unread postby Hydra Melee » Tue Jan 27, 2009 2:37 pm

DA didn't just suddenly forget how to play football.

Actually, I think the real argument is (and will be for any potential suitors) whether or not he ever actual knew how to play.

If two other teams believe that he competent, coachable, and was stuck in a bad position last year, than we may get some serious compensation for him. Otherwise, that's an awfully pretty looking sixth rounder.
"Paul Hubbard for the Practice Squad" publicity game: Contestants are run to Berea in the middle of the night and spray paint their name and address on a window at the Browns' office. First person arrested gets to make a public announcement outside the courthouse that Paul Hubbard must be given a spot on the Browns' practice squad for the 2009 season.
Hydra Melee

Favorite Player: David Veikune
Least Favorite Player: Random Steeler

Unread postby ProgRocker » Tue Jan 27, 2009 3:07 pm

I've been arguing for awhile that the Browns' best bet may be to package Anderson and Winslow, either to a dome team or a warm-weather team that would like to play a vertical game. Do that and I would hope they could get at least a 2/3/one more combo, or maybe a 1/4 if the first round pick is in the middle of the pack. DA is still a former Pro Bowler that a lot of NFL people think was mishandled by Romeo ( :lmfao: ), and it's turning into a weak draft for QBs, so I think there are possibilities.

Two teams I would call if I were ManKok would be Minnesota (a team with a history of giving picks away that thinks they're a breakout QB away from really contending) and Tampa Bay (a team that made one panic move by ditching Chucky specifically because he didn't do enough to build offense, and who probably are willing to gamble next year to get to one more Super Bowl).
Somehow ... Someway ... Give us JUST ONE VICTORY ... and we're on our way!
ProgRocker

Unread postby Yinzer Hater » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:17 pm

ProgRocker wrote:I've been arguing for awhile that the Browns' best bet may be to package Anderson and Winslow, either to a dome team or a warm-weather team that would like to play a vertical game. Do that and I would hope they could get at least a 2/3/one more combo, or maybe a 1/4 if the first round pick is in the middle of the pack. DA is still a former Pro Bowler that a lot of NFL people think was mishandled by Romeo ( :lmfao: ), and it's turning into a weak draft for QBs, so I think there are possibilities.

Two teams I would call if I were ManKok would be Minnesota (a team with a history of giving picks away that thinks they're a breakout QB away from really contending) and Tampa Bay (a team that made one panic move by ditching Chucky specifically because he didn't do enough to build offense, and who probably are willing to gamble next year to get to one more Super Bowl).

First healthy offseason since he's been drafted and you want to send K2 packing? He's under contract for a few more years so if Braylon walks at the end of this year when his deal is up
we'd be left with neither.

Besides sounds like he may be a big beneficiary of the new offense Daboll wants to run and perfect compliment to Quinn's style.
Definition,Yinzer : A person who lives in a trailer off government money,drinks iron city beer,has limited intelligence,follows the Steelers, and refuses to accept the fact that their team is actually piss yellow and not gold.
Yinzer Hater

Favorite Player: Shin-Soo Choo
Least Favorite Player: Worthlessberger

Unread postby hornet84 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 4:39 pm

Don't you have to have draft choices for that ? Phil did not leave us with many choices in the upcoming draft.That would lead you to believe that the Browns will be willing to move some bodies to get some picks back. What do you guys think is the more likely scenario trading our #5 pick for multiple choices , moving players on the current roster, or both ?
hornet84
Big Mon

Favorite Player: The Big Show
Least Favorite Player: Bud Selig

Unread postby Crash Davis » Tue Jan 27, 2009 5:01 pm

hornet84 wrote:Don't you have to have draft choices for that ? Phil did not leave us with many choices in the upcoming draft.That would lead you to believe that the Browns will be willing to move some bodies to get some picks back. What do you guys think is the more likely scenario trading our #5 pick for multiple choices , moving players on the current roster, or both ?

You get a 3rd and a 5th for DA then you have all but your 7th round back and call it a day. No one is going to give up any more than that for Mr. Anderson.
"PREDICTION: R.I.P. Chief Wahoo"
Crash Davis

Favorite Player: Lawrence Vickers
Least Favorite Player: SteelerDramaQueenQB

Unread postby ProgRocker » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:44 pm

Yinzer Hater wrote:
ProgRocker wrote:I've been arguing for awhile that the Browns' best bet may be to package Anderson and Winslow, either to a dome team or a warm-weather team that would like to play a vertical game. Do that and I would hope they could get at least a 2/3/one more combo, or maybe a 1/4 if the first round pick is in the middle of the pack. DA is still a former Pro Bowler that a lot of NFL people think was mishandled by Romeo ( :lmfao: ), and it's turning into a weak draft for QBs, so I think there are possibilities.

First healthy offseason since he's been drafted and you want to send K2 packing? He's under contract for a few more years so if Braylon walks at the end of this year when his deal is up we'd be left with neither.

Besides sounds like he may be a big beneficiary of the new offense Daboll wants to run and perfect compliment to Quinn's style.

First, I believe KW is under contract for two years at the most. Second, unlike Braylon KW wants a new contract and has taken action -- including, from most accounts, the whole controversy about the staph infection from last season -- in an effort to get that contract ... in other words, while Braylon has shot his mouth off KW took actions that directly subverted the organization, such as it is. Finally, I found it interesting that two of the four wins and a lot of the early part of the season (when the Browns were competetive), KW was nowhere to be seen ... simply put, they played better without him than with him for whatever reason.

Braylon's a diva, and when he's sucked the team has sucked. KW's a diva, but when he's disappeared the team played better. I think that's kind of revealing ...
ProgRocker

Unread postby ProgRocker » Tue Jan 27, 2009 7:45 pm

Crash Davis wrote:
hornet84 wrote:Don't you have to have draft choices for that ? Phil did not leave us with many choices in the upcoming draft.That would lead you to believe that the Browns will be willing to move some bodies to get some picks back. What do you guys think is the more likely scenario trading our #5 pick for multiple choices , moving players on the current roster, or both ?

You get a 3rd and a 5th for DA then you have all but your 7th round back and call it a day. No one is going to give up any more than that for Mr. Anderson.

And I'd take that in a heartbeat.
ProgRocker

Unread postby mattvan1 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:29 pm

ProgRocker wrote: Second, unlike Braylon KW wants a new contract and has taken action -- including, from most accounts, the whole controversy about the staph infection from last season -- in an effort to get that contract ... in other words, while Braylon has shot his mouth off KW took actions that directly subverted the organization, such as it is.

And history gets revised yet again. Maybe Pat Mac is to blame.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Jan 27, 2009 11:38 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
ProgRocker wrote: Second, unlike Braylon KW wants a new contract and has taken action -- including, from most accounts, the whole controversy about the staph infection from last season -- in an effort to get that contract ... in other words, while Braylon has shot his mouth off KW took actions that directly subverted the organization, such as it is.

Honestly, I have been trying to point out ProgDouche's refusal to accept factual history for years.

He always claims it is because I don't like his politics (which is just a completely moronic statement).

In reality the guy really needs to work on his reading comprehension and memory while staring deeply into a mirror. Things just come out completely distorted from reality 75+% of the time.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby ProgRocker » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:48 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:

Honestly, I have been trying to point out ProgDouche's refusal to accept factual history for years.

He always claims it is because I don't like his politics (which is just a completely moronic statement).

In reality the guy really needs to work on his reading comprehension and memory while staring deeply into a mirror. Things just come out completely distorted from reality 75+% of the time.

This coming from a guy who thinks ESPN is a paragon of journalism and Pat McManamon a glowing beacon of truth?!
:lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao: :lmfao:
ProgRocker

Unread postby jb » Wed Jan 28, 2009 6:59 pm

Yeah, he'll replace Rivers.

:lmfao:
jb

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:05 pm

Ziner wrote:

Yeah in San Diego. Nice thought though

But....Rip Scherer just joined Carolina as the QB coach, and Jeff Davidson (ex Browns offensive line coach) currently the Panther's offensive coordinator...... :cheers:
4thQtrGlory

Unread postby jamesownsdet » Wed Jan 28, 2009 7:21 pm

Crash Davis wrote:

Isn't it more likely a team will simply wait for the Browns to cut Anderson before they have to pay him that 5 million dollar roster bonus rather than trade anything for him?
"If I sell a lil' crack, aint nuthin to it, gangsta rap made me do it...

If I die in Iraq, aint nuthin to it, gangsta rap made me do it...

If I take you fo granted, aint nuthin to it, gangsta rap made me do it...

If I f- up the planet, aint nuthin to it, gangsta rap made me do it"

- Ice Cube
jamesownsdet

Favorite Player: LeBron James
Least Favorite Player: Kendrick Perkins

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Wed Jan 28, 2009 8:01 pm

jamesownsdet wrote:
Crash Davis wrote:

Isn't it more likely a team will simply wait for the Browns to cut Anderson before they have to pay him that 5 million dollar roster bonus rather than trade anything for him?

I think that there are too many teams out there that need a viable option for QB, and may not have the time/patience to develop one through the draft.

Just off the top of my head there is Kansas City, Detroit, Carolina, Minnesota, possible the Jets (if Favre leaves), Tampa, SanFran, St.Louis, and maybe even Chicago.

That's NINE teams.

Now, here are the top 5 QBs in the draft this year....

1.) Matt Stafford
2.) Mark Sanchez
3.) Josh Freeman
4.) Pat White
5.) Nate Davis

Only 2 of those guys are ranked in the top 40 players on the big board. White and Davis are more than likely not even going to be drafted for QB, but for a RB. Worked out great for Michael Robinson when he was drafted from Penn St, ehh?

All im saying is, this has been one of the thinnest drafts that i can ever remember. DA has proven he can put up numbers and win games. Someone will come calling, no doubt.
4thQtrGlory

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL