Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Pukesburgh or Baltimore

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Pukesburgh or Baltimore

Unread postby Mr. X » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:20 pm

I'll be drinking heavily and rooting for the Inbreds to lose because I know a lot of their fans and I want to see them suffer.
User avatar
Mr. X
 
Posts: 778
Joined: Mon Mar 31, 2008 2:49 pm
Favorite Player: Kipnis
Least Favorite Player: Papelbon

Re: Pukesburgh or Baltimore

Unread postby Crash Davis » Thu Jan 15, 2009 12:29 pm

Mr. X wrote:I'll be drinking heavily and rooting for the Inbreds to lose because I know a lot of their fans and I want to see them suffer.


As much as it pains me to say it (rooting for Crackmore) this is my preference as well. Modell no longer owns controlling interest of the Ratbirds so what's done is done. They are still a hated division rival and they are not welcome in CBS but I hate the Inbred more. I hope Rayenthal knocks that f'n smile right off of Hines Ward's face.
"PREDICTION: R.I.P. Chief Wahoo"
User avatar
Crash Davis
 
Posts: 1856
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:54 pm
Favorite Player: Lawrence Vickers
Least Favorite Player: SteelerDramaQueenQB

Re: Pukesburgh or Baltimore

Unread postby happybluebird » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:23 pm

Seriously sucks. dang the Chargers for losing that game. Bad enough we have to suffer year after year with the Browns being bad, on top of it we have to watch our most hated rivals playing in the afc title game. You know? Anybody else BUT them and it'd be okay, but NOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Ravens.

Can't stand the Steelers. Can't stand the Steelers fans. Traitors. I never will understand people that don't root for the HOME team. esp when they are Indians fans, Cavs fans, and Buckeye fans. Assholes. :fu:
User avatar
happybluebird
 
Posts: 165
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 3:11 pm

Re: Pukesburgh or Baltimore

Unread postby Crash Davis » Thu Jan 15, 2009 2:29 pm

And dang the Titans for committing all those turnovers otherwise they would have steamrolled the Ratbirds and then the Inbred like they did to them a month ago in Nashville.
"PREDICTION: R.I.P. Chief Wahoo"
User avatar
Crash Davis
 
Posts: 1856
Joined: Fri Apr 27, 2007 9:54 pm
Favorite Player: Lawrence Vickers
Least Favorite Player: SteelerDramaQueenQB

Re: Pukesburgh or Baltimore

Unread postby Lubber » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:18 pm

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Worst AFC Title Game EVER. Fuck 'em both. I need a beer.

\
Worst?

This will be a game that displays how football is supposed to be played. This game will be better than the Super Bowl.

Regarding Steelers jerseys in church. Look around, you will see some Browns jerseys too. Maybe not as many as in the 80s-90s, but they are praying every Sunday too.
User avatar
Lubber
 
Posts: 1345
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:42 am
Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Re: Pukesburgh or Baltimore

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Thu Jan 15, 2009 8:30 pm

happybluebird wrote:Bad enough we have to suffer year after year with the Browns being bad, on top of it we have to watch our most hated rivals playing in the afc title game.


The Browns don't have rivals. A rivalry has two sides. We're not a rival, we're a punching bag. And again, I don't see why this affects us one way or another. No matter what happens on Sunday or at the Super Bowl, we still suck, we're still 4-12, we're still a doormat. If the Eagles or the Cards beat one of these teams in the Super Bowl, it doesn't go into the win column for Cleveland. The Steelers are up 5-0 on Vince Lombardis- what's a sixth? It just doesn't matter.
User avatar
hermanfontenot
History Buff
 
Posts: 4117
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:52 am
Location: NE Ohio
Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Pukesburgh or Baltimore

Unread postby Cerebral_DownTime » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:05 pm

lubber wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Worst AFC Title Game EVER. Fuck 'em both. I need a beer.

\
Worst?

This will be a game that displays how football is supposed to be played. This game will be better than the Super Bowl.

Regarding Steelers jerseys in church. Look around, you will see some Browns jerseys too. Maybe not as many as in the 80s-90s, but they are praying every Sunday too.


I meant from a Cleveland fans POV...

Honestly i'm with Herman I just don't care.....and i'm happy I don't care anymore. Now I can focus on teams that make me happy like the Cavs and the Bluejackets.. Since they came back the Browns have been nothing more than recycled trash disgracing that uniform. Fuck the Browns.............
"Our name is Legion, for we are many."
User avatar
Cerebral_DownTime
Go f#%k yourself
 
Posts: 14422
Joined: Mon Nov 05, 2007 3:31 am
Location: Galloway Ohio
Favorite Player: Fenrir
Least Favorite Player: Walt Flannigan's dog

Re: Pukesburgh or Baltimore

Unread postby fundamentals » Thu Jan 15, 2009 9:55 pm

If Rolle and Suggs can't play for the Ravens, that's all she wrote. Steelers will walk all over them. Get ready for an invasion. :guns:
Last edited by fundamentals on Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:28 am, edited 1 time in total.
"It's all about winning for me, and I think the Cavs are committed to doing that," he said. "But at the same time I've given myself options to this point, and like I said before, me and my team, we have a game plan that we're going to execute, and we'll see what we get."

"We had a great time together."
fundamentals
Goodwill Ambassador
 
Posts: 2915
Joined: Sun Sep 30, 2007 9:59 pm
Favorite Player: Mariano Rivera
Least Favorite Player: Rex Ryan

Re: Pukesburgh or Baltimore

Unread postby Lubber » Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:21 am

Cerebral_DownTime wrote:
lubber wrote:
Cerebral_DownTime wrote:Worst AFC Title Game EVER. Fuck 'em both. I need a beer.

\
Worst?

This will be a game that displays how football is supposed to be played. This game will be better than the Super Bowl.

Regarding Steelers jerseys in church. Look around, you will see some Browns jerseys too. Maybe not as many as in the 80s-90s, but they are praying every Sunday too.


I meant from a Cleveland fans POV...

Honestly i'm with Herman I just don't care.....and i'm happy I don't care anymore. Now I can focus on teams that make me happy like the Cavs and the Bluejackets.. Since they came back the Browns have been nothing more than recycled trash disgracing that uniform. Fuck the Browns.............


awwh.. so a fair weather fan you are. Now I understand.
User avatar
Lubber
 
Posts: 1345
Joined: Sat Dec 01, 2007 7:42 am
Favorite Player: London Fletcher
Least Favorite Player: LeBron James

Re: Pukesburgh or Baltimore

Unread postby hermanfontenot » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:08 am

lubber wrote:awwh.. so a fair weather fan you are. Now I understand.


Well gee, we can't all be Browns and Steelers fans, now can we.
User avatar
hermanfontenot
History Buff
 
Posts: 4117
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2007 10:52 am
Location: NE Ohio
Favorite Player: Big Z
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Re: Pukesburgh or Baltimore

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Jan 16, 2009 3:48 am

I just love how people are taking there chance to just comment about how "They aren't going to follow the Browns" and "They don't deserve the attention anymore" :rolleyes: .With all due respect to ya'll It's almost coming off as bad as the Ohio Inbred fans. In fact, I think that may be stage one in the conversion factor.

I made this comment in another thread, but being a Browns fan right now, is somewhat close to being a Tribe fan back in the 70's/80's. You followed the team, because they were your home town team, had good times with your buddies watching the game and you loved the sport. I know that's the case with me right now. Every summer, no matter how bad the Browns are, me and my friends plan a day just to chill out and watch the team up in Berea and see if anyone looks good. It's a great tradtion, it's free and it keeps us in touch with each other.

And I know the games can be ugly to watch sometimes, but sometimes you find a gem, The Giants game and the 07 season are quick and obvious examples.

I'm not saying, be like the guys at the beginning chanting "super bowl", thats bullshit. I'm just saying, quit whining about it. It's one thing to say something "UGH! Phil should have traded DA in 07", but quite another to keep rambling on about how the real Browns are dead and all that.

And I know I'm going to get nailed for this,painted as Browns honk, how I'm young and foolish and all sorts of things. But I don't care. I'll wait. My dad waited YEARS for Purdue to reach the Rose Bowl back in 2000, and when they finally did he seemed like the happiest guy on earth. He's told me stories about how terrible the team was, how Notre Dame would beat (one with a last secound Joe Montana hail mary, look it up on youtube, it's there), Elway beat them, Kosar beat the snot out of them, How Woody and Bo would run the score up on them. It didn't seem to matter to him, he kept showing up and supporting 'em. I'm going to do the same for the Browns, whether we're 12-4, or 4-12.

There's the end of my mini-manifesto.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6371
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Pukesburgh or Baltimore

Unread postby scotty dawg » Fri Jan 16, 2009 7:09 am

good for you,man.with my family,we just look forward to getting together sunday afternoons,and watching the game-have for decades now! we don't ever give thoughts to changing teams,because we aren't capable.I tried getting into the ravens when they would show them after the move and couldn't do it.ditto the bills.ditto the bengals.
one year removed from 10-6.there's got to be some talent there still.go find it eric.




" there's a gleam"
scotty dawg
 
Posts: 26
Joined: Mon Jan 05, 2009 3:48 am
Favorite Player: phil dawson
Least Favorite Player: none!

Re: Pukesburgh or Baltimore

Unread postby jb » Fri Jan 16, 2009 10:45 am

Triple-S wrote:I just love how people are taking there chance to just comment about how "They aren't going to follow the Browns" and "They don't deserve the attention anymore" :rolleyes: .With all due respect to ya'll It's almost coming off as bad as the Ohio Inbred fans. In fact, I think that may be stage one in the conversion factor.

I made this comment in another thread, but being a Browns fan right now, is somewhat close to being a Tribe fan back in the 70's/80's. You followed the team, because they were your home town team, had good times with your buddies watching the game and you loved the sport. I know that's the case with me right now. Every summer, no matter how bad the Browns are, me and my friends plan a day just to chill out and watch the team up in Berea and see if anyone looks good. It's a great tradtion, it's free and it keeps us in touch with each other.

And I know the games can be ugly to watch sometimes, but sometimes you find a gem, The Giants game and the 07 season are quick and obvious examples.

I'm not saying, be like the guys at the beginning chanting "super bowl", thats bullshit. I'm just saying, quit whining about it. It's one thing to say something "UGH! Phil should have traded DA in 07", but quite another to keep rambling on about how the real Browns are dead and all that.

And I know I'm going to get nailed for this,painted as Browns honk, how I'm young and foolish and all sorts of things. But I don't care. I'll wait. My dad waited YEARS for Purdue to reach the Rose Bowl back in 2000, and when they finally did he seemed like the happiest guy on earth. He's told me stories about how terrible the team was, how Notre Dame would beat (one with a last secound Joe Montana hail mary, look it up on youtube, it's there), Elway beat them, Kosar beat the snot out of them, How Woody and Bo would run the score up on them. It didn't seem to matter to him, he kept showing up and supporting 'em. I'm going to do the same for the Browns, whether we're 12-4, or 4-12.

There's the end of my mini-manifesto.


SSS - Thing is, when you are a Purdue fan you have no expectations. You are mediocrity to sub-mediocre every year. Once every 2 decades you get your Griese / Keyes and Alstott or Brees , but mostly, you are a Big 10 sorta doormat. You are just thankful for IU and N'western. You are Minnesota.

The new, fake, Browns are sorta like that. We get all giddy at one and done in the playoffs and then blame Jim Sorgi when luck and the scedule hands us 10 wins and no playoffs, as if beating Pittsburgh wouldn't have gotten us there.

But the "old" Browns weren't Purdue. For their first 20 years they were more like tOSU with Woody, but better. For the next 20 there were ups and downs and no brass ring, but they were gamers except for about 5 truly shitty years.

And I know that CDT doesn'tr have OSU fb in perspective ;-) ;) :wink: but there' sno one left who is spoiled or a band wagon fan. The fact anyone is left to even log in is amazing to me.

These fools are the Saints who couldn win jack squat for their first 25 seasons.

We were used to better.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Pukesburgh or Baltimore

Unread postby General » Fri Jan 16, 2009 11:01 am

JB wrote:
Triple-S wrote:I just love how people are taking there chance to just comment about how "They aren't going to follow the Browns" and "They don't deserve the attention anymore" :rolleyes: .With all due respect to ya'll It's almost coming off as bad as the Ohio Inbred fans. In fact, I think that may be stage one in the conversion factor.

I made this comment in another thread, but being a Browns fan right now, is somewhat close to being a Tribe fan back in the 70's/80's. You followed the team, because they were your home town team, had good times with your buddies watching the game and you loved the sport. I know that's the case with me right now. Every summer, no matter how bad the Browns are, me and my friends plan a day just to chill out and watch the team up in Berea and see if anyone looks good. It's a great tradtion, it's free and it keeps us in touch with each other.

And I know the games can be ugly to watch sometimes, but sometimes you find a gem, The Giants game and the 07 season are quick and obvious examples.

I'm not saying, be like the guys at the beginning chanting "super bowl", thats bullshit. I'm just saying, quit whining about it. It's one thing to say something "UGH! Phil should have traded DA in 07", but quite another to keep rambling on about how the real Browns are dead and all that.

And I know I'm going to get nailed for this,painted as Browns honk, how I'm young and foolish and all sorts of things. But I don't care. I'll wait. My dad waited YEARS for Purdue to reach the Rose Bowl back in 2000, and when they finally did he seemed like the happiest guy on earth. He's told me stories about how terrible the team was, how Notre Dame would beat (one with a last secound Joe Montana hail mary, look it up on youtube, it's there), Elway beat them, Kosar beat the snot out of them, How Woody and Bo would run the score up on them. It didn't seem to matter to him, he kept showing up and supporting 'em. I'm going to do the same for the Browns, whether we're 12-4, or 4-12.

There's the end of my mini-manifesto.


SSS - Thing is, when you are a Purdue fan you have no expectations. You are mediocrity to sub-mediocre every year. Once every 2 decades you get your Griese / Keyes and Alstott or Brees , but mostly, you are a Big 10 sorta doormat. You are just thankful for IU and N'western. You are Minnesota.

The new, fake, Browns are sorta like that. We get all giddy at one and done in the playoffs and then blame Jim Sorgi when luck and the scedule hands us 10 wins and no playoffs, as if beating Pittsburgh wouldn't have gotten us there.

But the "old" Browns weren't Purdue. For their first 20 years they were more like tOSU with Woody, but better. For the next 20 there were ups and downs and no brass ring, but they were gamers except for about 5 truly shitty years.

And I know that CDT doesn'tr have OSU fb in perspective ;-) ;) :wink: but there' sno one left who is spoiled or a band wagon fan. The fact anyone is left to even log in is amazing to me.

These fools are the Saints who couldn win jack squat for their first 25 seasons.

We were used to better.


Ex-x-x-x-x-xactly!!!!!!!


:spanky:
Browns are an irrelevant and comical organization
User avatar
General
 
Posts: 1849
Joined: Tue Feb 13, 2007 2:35 pm
Location: Pensacola
Favorite Player: Paul Warfield
Least Favorite Player: 537 Idiots in DC

Re: Pukesburgh or Baltimore

Unread postby Triple-S » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:33 pm

JB wrote:SSS - Thing is, when you are a Purdue fan you have no expectations. You are mediocrity to sub-mediocre every year. Once every 2 decades you get your Griese / Keyes and Alstott or Brees , but mostly, you are a Big 10 sorta doormat. You are just thankful for IU and N'western. You are Minnesota.

The new, fake, Browns are sorta like that. We get all giddy at one and done in the playoffs and then blame Jim Sorgi when luck and the scedule hands us 10 wins and no playoffs, as if beating Pittsburgh wouldn't have gotten us there.

But the "old" Browns weren't Purdue. For their first 20 years they were more like tOSU with Woody, but better. For the next 20 there were ups and downs and no brass ring, but they were gamers except for about 5 truly shitty years.

And I know that CDT doesn'tr have OSU fb in perspective ;-) ;) :wink: but there' sno one left who is spoiled or a band wagon fan. The fact anyone is left to even log in is amazing to me.

These fools are the Saints who couldn win jack squat for their first 25 seasons.

We were used to better.


JB-I wouldn't call Purdue a doormat, more like a team that has trouble avoiding bad luck. Unlike the Browns, we've beaten some elite teams in the conference, but much like the Browns, right at about the time we're about to break out of the mold of being 5th in the Big Ten and able to challenge TOSU/meatchicken, like an Iowa or a Wisconsin, right as we're about to turn that corner and look like we're about to do that, it's taken away from us. sound familiar?

It's no disrespect intended towards you guys, it's a tough time, and theres little reason to be optimistic. We really havn't been an elite team since '89, period. But I see what a team like what the Cardinals have done this year, or what the Bucs did a few years back, and I think it's possible we could return one day to that point.
Swerb wrote:Go start a blog if you want to tell the world your incomprehendible ramblings.


Cerebral_DownTime wrote:I have a big arm and can throw the ball pretty damn far...... maybe even over those moutains. The Browns should sign me, i'll let you all in locker room to drink beer. Then we can all go out the parking lot to watch me do motorcycle stunts.
User avatar
Triple-S
All-time leader in moral victories
 
Posts: 6371
Joined: Sat Aug 16, 2008 6:26 pm
Location: Kent-Green, Ohio
Favorite Player: Yuengling
Least Favorite Player: Nati Light.

Re: Pukesburgh or Baltimore

Unread postby jb » Fri Jan 16, 2009 12:53 pm

Triple-S wrote:
JB wrote:SSS - Thing is, when you are a Purdue fan you have no expectations. You are mediocrity to sub-mediocre every year. Once every 2 decades you get your Griese / Keyes and Alstott or Brees , but mostly, you are a Big 10 sorta doormat. You are just thankful for IU and N'western. You are Minnesota.

The new, fake, Browns are sorta like that. We get all giddy at one and done in the playoffs and then blame Jim Sorgi when luck and the scedule hands us 10 wins and no playoffs, as if beating Pittsburgh wouldn't have gotten us there.

But the "old" Browns weren't Purdue. For their first 20 years they were more like tOSU with Woody, but better. For the next 20 there were ups and downs and no brass ring, but they were gamers except for about 5 truly shitty years.

And I know that CDT doesn'tr have OSU fb in perspective ;-) ;) :wink: but there' sno one left who is spoiled or a band wagon fan. The fact anyone is left to even log in is amazing to me.

These fools are the Saints who couldn win jack squat for their first 25 seasons.

We were used to better.


JB-I wouldn't call Purdue a doormat, more like a team that has trouble avoiding bad luck. Unlike the Browns, we've beaten some elite teams in the conference, but much like the Browns, right at about the time we're about to break out of the mold of being 5th in the Big Ten and able to challenge TOSU/meatchicken, like an Iowa or a Wisconsin, right as we're about to turn that corner and look like we're about to do that, it's taken away from us. sound familiar?

It's no disrespect intended towards you guys, it's a tough time, and theres little reason to be optimistic. We really havn't been an elite team since '89, period. But I see what a team like what the Cardinals have done this year, or what the Bucs did a few years back, and I think it's possible we could return one day to that point.


There are no elite teams in the Big 10 in the past few seasons, and in hindsight I think you even have to question the 2006 bucks and Meatchicken given who they actually played, but that's not why I called.


Sure, it is possible. The NFL is designed for parity.

That's what makes us all the more pathetic.

I haven't given up. I'd just be suprised by success at this point I'm so jaded. And I don't thik that's on me. It's on them.
jb
 
Posts: 17730
Joined: Thu Feb 02, 2006 7:08 pm
Location: Defend Youngstown
Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Re: Pukesburgh or Baltimore

Unread postby WarAdmiral » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:05 pm

JB +1, throughout this thread.

I will watch, but not root for any team to win. I could rationalize that I would receive more joy from a Stealer loss, seeing how I don't know one Raven fan. I know quite a few Stealer fans, and the light hearted ribbing I have received from them over the last few years, is not as light hearted on my end. I hate the Stealers more than any other team, so maybe deep inside, my goodwill will be extended to the Ravens today.
Last edited by WarAdmiral on Sun Jan 18, 2009 9:28 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
WarAdmiral
 
Posts: 603
Joined: Sat Aug 04, 2007 3:35 am
Location: Mantua, oh

Re: Pukesburgh or Baltimore

Unread postby Brendan » Sun Jan 18, 2009 4:46 pm

2-4-6-8 What do we appreciate?

INJURIES!!
"When you win, say nothing. When you lose, say less."
Paul Brown
User avatar
Brendan
 
Posts: 912
Joined: Tue Jul 31, 2007 2:33 pm
Location: Columbus, Ohio
Favorite Player: Lebron/Victor/Cribbs
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests

Who is online

In total there are 4 users online :: 0 registered, 0 hidden and 4 guests (based on users active over the past 5 minutes)
Most users ever online was 181 on Sat Feb 16, 2013 4:50 pm

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 4 guests