Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

TCF Mock Draft - 2009

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: TCF Mock Draft - 2009

Unread postby Ziner » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:35 pm

Can I have the Packers. I want someone in the top 10 and I love their franchise.
In the end, we're all "only for a limited time," you guys.
Ziner
Tot-Lovin' Hippy

Favorite Player: Tater Tots
Least Favorite Player: Yam Fries

Unread postby Steve Buffum » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:40 pm

If you need someone, I will take Houston. Surely no one wants Houston. Not even Houston.
Steve Buffum
Prose Flayer

Favorite Player: Withheld
Least Favorite Player: David Huff

Unread postby pup » Wed Feb 04, 2009 1:55 pm

Need 3 more. I am back in as a drafter.

Will run it again on The Feel of the Fan to see if there is some more interest.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby 4thQtrGlory » Wed Feb 04, 2009 2:31 pm

Im already in, but i'll take whatever team.
4thQtrGlory

Favorite Player: Bernie
Least Favorite Player: NE Ohio Steeler Fan

Unread postby ramllov » Wed Feb 04, 2009 7:04 pm

Someone should contact Mr. Cowley.

He is an avid football fan.

I wonder if there is anyone else in either of the two fantasy football leagues that would be interested.
I enjoy this stuff.
ramllov

Unread postby BadBecks » Sat Feb 07, 2009 8:08 pm

Hey, if you guys still have openings, feel free to assign me any team. Just send me a PM or email mebeckwith@gmail.com
"Don't Hassle Me...I'm a Local" - Bob Wiley (shirt)
BadBecks
Kid Cleveland

Favorite Player: Eric Turner
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby KChmura » Sun Feb 08, 2009 2:03 pm

when we gonna start this?
KChmura

Favorite Player: Kevin Kouzmanoff
Least Favorite Player: Rafael Betancourt

Unread postby ramllov » Sun Feb 08, 2009 3:50 pm

The commission has to let me know, since I have the first pick in the draft with Detroit.

I believe another two or three members are needed to complete the 32 owners.

If you decide to start the draft and cannot reach me my selection would be ...

Matt Stafford, QB, Georgia. Detroit needs a quality starting QB. Now different people have different feelings about this year's quarterbacks. Some say Mark Sanchez, QB, USC. He has only played one year, some many starts. He could be the best QB, or he could be just a guy.

Many mock draft say the best offensive line, LT is the best pick. Well there are many very good OTs available in this draft. The chance that a pretty good one will be availabe when Detroit selects with the 20th (Dallas pick) pick.

So again, if you want to start the draft and cannot find me to start, here is the first selection, Marr Stanfford, QB, Georgia.
I enjoy this stuff.
ramllov

Unread postby ramllov » Tue Feb 10, 2009 11:36 am

Pup when you set up your draft thread you may want to consider some of the following:

When you set up your round by round, set up two rounds per message block. Once a few years ago, I lost a good portion of the draft, do to a mistake. It is easier to restructure one or two rounds instead of four or five.

Set up your timing to members making selections and the steps to make a substitute pick, if they miss their time slot. The trick is to keep the draft moving and maintain the schedule. I keep the weekends open to edit the draft and catchup if necessary. Friday nights are tough nights to get a completed scheduled draft. Many young men enjoy a good Friday night out or good happy hour entertainment that can get extended. Those weekends get useful to adjust. My Friday night rules are much easier than Monday through Thursday.

It appears you do not need any more members beyond two to three to complete your list. I have a few extra and some members who have participated for three or four years might be interested. Let me know and I can send a few PMs, if necessary. There is always the option for one or two members to take an extra team to keep the draft unique to this sites group of members.

When you do schedule, remember the comp picks do not become available until late March. There usually are one or two assigned to the end of the third and another three to five assigned to the end of the fourth. When you do your draft schedule, breaking the message blocks for two rounds can help start the set-up earlier.
This is what I am currently doing.

I can list days numbers and teams for the first 96 picks on two blocks. I can use the teams without a number or date on the other blocks and eventually fill in the comp picks numbers and dates. The down time now used could save some more important time later.

Take a look at what I am doing or send me a PM if you have any questions.
I enjoy this stuff.
ramllov

Unread postby pod2dawg » Mon Feb 16, 2009 8:54 am

I'm still in if you need me, but I'd like to run this team as a a rich detached owner type...really no passion for the game...I'll treat this like an investment I really don't need....is that OK?
pod2dawg
Warrior Poet aka Thread Killer

Favorite Player: Phil Gordon
Least Favorite Player: Lane Kiffin

Unread postby daddywags » Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:19 pm

I'll do it. I'll take Jacksonville (1) or Buffalo (2) if they're still available. If not, just assign a team.
daddywags

Unread postby Bayou Tribe » Tue Feb 24, 2009 1:45 pm

When would we need to get this rolling time-wise for it to work?
"Dammit you piss me off. I f#ckin hate you and I hope you f#cking get killed by a rabid polar bear you douche bag."

-- TIMMAH to CDT
Bayou Tribe
"Rickey wants to play baseball"

Favorite Player: Drew Brees
Least Favorite Player: Steve Smith

Unread postby ramllov » Wed Feb 25, 2009 2:34 pm

We need one more.

The timing of the start is up to PUP.

It was good that the draft did not start before the Indy Combine, a number of players got shuffled in the first round. Andre Smith, OT, Alabama went from the top LT to probably the third or fourth. Character matters. He is still a very good player. There are some questions.

Malcolm Jenkins, CB/S, Ohio State. If a team sees him as a CB he goes higher and if they see him as a FS, he goes out of the top 10.

The one thing we always learn about the combine. There are 32 teams and every team has different opinions on the players tested.

There is the official NFL time, but many scouts, coaches and GMs, have their own times.

We all realize Aaron Curry had a great combine and now everyone wonders where he gets drafted.

Prior to the combine, many people thought he would make it to Cleveland and the fifth pick.

If he made it to the fifth pick, he would never get to the sixth pick in the draft.

The two players who are next from a Browns point of view are Brian Orapko and Everette Brown. Now your opinion could be different. One of these three guys is coming to Cleveland. Aaron Curry, would be the best, but any of these three are high quality NFL LB prospects.

Again, PUP, if you start this draft and cannot find me.

The Detroit Lions take Matt Stafford, QB, Georgia, as the first pick in the mock draft.

The St. Louis Rams are on the clock!

Note: Two items of interest. We have two threads in the OBR. One in the Draft Brew Forum, where we select one player a day and were up to the 16th pick in the first round. We stopped that draft and started it again yesterday. There were that many changes due to the results of the combine. The Draft Brew Forum, is the serious draft members. We start our mock (fifth annual on March 9th, 4PM.

The second daily mock draft is on the Watercooler. WE have enough members and the original draft continues. I believe the New York Jets are on the clock today.
I enjoy this stuff.
ramllov

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL