Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Can we get a freaking ball gag for Tony Cornholer?

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Can we get a freaking ball gag for Tony Cornholer?

Unread postby furls » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:09 pm

Seriously, I would rather hear Mussberger call all Buckeyes games from now on, forever, than listen to one more dim comment from Cornheiser about his fantasy team.

He is like a dorky version of Dennis Miller, whom I hated also but at this point I say bring him back.

Can't we go back to Gifford, Michaels, and Dierdorff?
furls
Buckeye Insider

Favorite Player: Chic Harley
Least Favorite Player: Desmond Howard

Unread postby swerb » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:24 pm

I may be the only person ever that likes Musberger, and also liked Dennis Miller.

The way I see it, with all these in booth guests, guys talking about their fantasy teams, and Theisman just being an annoying prick ... you may as well have Dennis Miller back in the booth doing schtick.

Some of the Dennis Miller classics ...

"I haven't seen anyone rely on the ground game this much since the battle of Verdun."

"The quarterback's spending so much time behind the center that he may jeopardize his right to lead a Boy Scout troop."

"I haven't seen someone so overmatched since Mike Tyson tried to recite the alphabet."

"He lasted about as long as the dessert tray at Rosie O'Donnell's house."

"That punt was higher than Marion Berry on a fact-finding tour of Cartagena."

"Nervous? He's tighter than Pat Buchanan's sphincter muscle at a 4th of July soiree on Fire Island."

"Big deal, so he scored. The last time I saw someone dance like that I had to pay her $20 and have my pants dry cleaned the next day."

"Ray Lewis knifed through those offensive linemen like a sucker-punch switchblade slicing between the ribs of some inebriated trash-talking punk outside a sports bar."

"Is it just me, or are the 49ers doing an awful lot of ass-patting today?"

"Their offense is shakier than Katherine Hepburn after an all-night espresso bender at Starbucks."
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Favorite Player: Mango Hab
Least Favorite Player: Bob LaMonte

Unread postby Guest » Mon Nov 27, 2006 11:54 pm

Great lines, Swerb....reminded me of why I did like Dennis so much on MNF.

Big shock...I'm a fan of someone being a sardonic asshole.

As far as this group goes...nothing wrong with the three of them that a well placed hand grenade couldn't solve.

Theisman has always sucked...Tirico knows the game and is as exciting as Ian Eagles, and Kornholio just needs to die.

And then there are the constant visitors to the booth...and you know why ESPN is Satan.

Unread postby furls » Tue Nov 28, 2006 12:47 am

Swerb,

Those lines were great for SNL not MNF, but at least he had a good sense of humor. ESPN pretty much sucks now. Chris Berman is annoying. Dan Patrick is pretentious. Michael Irvin is a player apologist. Skip, Woody, and the cold pizza crew are retards. Matter of fact the only guy I would save if the building caught fire is Tom Jackson. I would be to busy dumping gasoline on the rest of those rejects.
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby Big Lu » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:15 am

John Madden rocks! So many people dislike him but not me!

On the college level, there is nothing like Kirk Herbstreit! Plus he is great "eye candy." But I know you guys could care less about that!

:lol:
Big Lu

Unread postby furls » Tue Nov 28, 2006 10:27 am

Herbstreit is a rising star in broadcasting and it would not surprise me to see him become the next big face of NCAAF for twenty years. He is smart, well spoken, and makes intelligent points that are not completely obvious.

I used to like Madden, 10 years ago before the senility set in. Every once in a while we see flashes of smart madden broadcasting, but those are becoming increasingly rare as he ages.

Now we are stuck with lines like this, "If that receiver catches the ball in the endzone that would've been a touchdown." Kind of sad actually.
furls
Buckeye Insider

Unread postby yargs7 » Fri Dec 01, 2006 1:22 am

Does anyone remember back to the first week of the season when they had a MNF double header with SD/OAK in the second game?

I know Nessler headed the announcers. I think Jaws may have been doing the analysis. THAT WAS A GREAT CREW.
"You win with people"

-W.W. "Woody" Hayes
yargs7
College Football Nut

Unread postby Eric » Fri Dec 01, 2006 8:03 pm

I love Cornhole in PTI, he sucks on MNF

Theisman is the worst though. man is he awful. He is just soooo annoying, and you can tell that he thinks he is the man. That's what really bothers me about him.

I think Musberger is OK. Have you ever noticed that everytime Ginn touches the ball Musberger goes crazy, he thinks that noone can touch him. Ginn will catch a pass behind the line of scrimmage with the entire defense surrounding him and musberger is like... "Noone is going to catch him folks, he's gone"

:roll :roll:
Ernie Camacho for President
Eric

Unread postby swerb » Fri Dec 01, 2006 9:13 pm

Musberger is great ...

"You are looking live ...."
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Unread postby Guest » Sat Dec 02, 2006 12:06 am

He is HORRIBLE

Unread postby swerb » Sat Dec 02, 2006 10:18 am

"Hold on folks" ... Musburger is one of the greatest play by play guys ever IMO. Has withstood the test of time, and has not deteriorted with age.
swerb
JoBu's bee-yotch

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL