Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

questions

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

questions

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Sun Nov 26, 2006 9:35 am

Does anyone believe this team would have a better record if mo carthon had not begun the year as the OC?

Does anyone think Charlie frye is benefitting or improving since Carthon has left?

Does anyone believe the new offensive setup is playing to the teams strengths more and that when the players get more accustomed to it they will start to do some damage?

Does anyone believe Romeo is the real problem here? seriously?

Who here believes Charlie Frye is not the answer?

Are the Browns still light years away from a playoff berth?

In your opinion what does this team need to become a winning ballclub (I'm talking winning record not neccesarily championship calibre so dont just list new QB new O-Line new D-Line, cos I'm sick of seeing that on every Browns forum cos its just not true)
Last edited by British_Pharaoh on Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby pup » Sun Nov 26, 2006 11:37 am

Does anyone believe this team would have a better record if mo carthon had not begun the year as the OC?

Maybe one game better, thinking we beat the Ravens.

I think Romeo deserves more of the credit for the defense being where it is today. He also deserves more of the blame for where the offense is today. I think RAC is a great DC, but as a head coach I don't see what he brings to the table. He doesn't seem to inspire anyone to do anything.

Who here beliefs Charlie Frye is not the answer?

Depends on the question. If the question is can he be a top 8 QB in the league, the answer is no. If it is can he be a top 16 QB who doesn't do things to lose games, then I would say yes.

In today's NFL, I don't think anyone is light years away from a playoff berth. I do think we are as far away as anyone other than Oakland.

In your opinion what does this team need to become a winning ballclub (I'm talking winning record not neccesarily championship calibre so dont just list new QB new O-Line new D-Line, cos I'm sick of seeing that on every Browns forum cos its just not true)

#1 - Attitude. Not the we are going to do this attitude we hear from Monday through Saturday. Somebody needs to have that attitude on Sunday and make some plays. The Ravens game and last week are prime examples of needing to make ONE play, but nobody seems capable of making that play.
#2 - Win a close game. The amount of weight carried around by this team because of the inability to close out a game just continues to snowball. Secure a couple of those wins over the next few weeks and it will go a long way to building for next year.
#3 - Both lines HAVE to be upgraded. I don't know why you think this sin't true, but it is.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Sun Nov 26, 2006 1:37 pm

#3 - Both lines HAVE to be upgraded. I don't know why you think this sin't true, but it is.

no what i said is we dont need a complete new O-Line and D-line

like some seem to think bizarrely.
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Re: questions

Unread postby The Score » Mon Nov 27, 2006 1:01 pm

Does anyone think Charlie frye is benefitting or improving since Carthon has left?

Does anyone believe the new offensive setup is playing to the teams strengths more and that when the players get more accustomed to it they will start to do some damage?

Who here believes Charlie Frye is not the answer?

1. Yes. Davidson is somewhat hamstrung by not having the time to have his own playbook. If he had an entire offseason to work with this team I do think that things would be different.

2. I think the question is: Does anyone think that Charlie Frye has benefited or improved since his very first snap last year?

3. More to their strengths? Somewhat. I also think that a lot of the playcalling is due to Frye's limitations.

4. The problem? Not necessarily. However, things like bringing MoC back for a 2nd year, choosing Carthon over Dilfer, kicking a fg on 4th instead of going for it yesterday, the lack of any halftime adjustments ever, making stupid statements to the press, never having accountability, etc. are all on Crennel. I don't think he should lose his job yet, but he's not out there instilling any confidence in anybody.

5. He's not. Definitely not a starting NFL QB.

6. No team is light years away from the playoffs. Smart moves in FA and the draft can turn teams around quickly. This current roster is light years away though.

7. This is a bogus question. An upgrade needs to be made at QB, the defensive line needs 3 new starters, and the OL needs guards at the very least. It will be really hard to make it to 8 wins if they don't do those things. If you want something other than that, they are going to need some luck. Injuries ravage this team every year and they are nowhere deep enough to be able to handle it. Finally, they need their facilities to be cleaned with bleach and radiation to get rid of all the staph infections.
The Score

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL