Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Browns 4 pro bowlers???

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Browns 4 pro bowlers???

Unread postby British_Pharaoh » Wed Nov 22, 2006 8:24 pm

Cribbs should be a lock
but there's also KW2 Sean Jones and even Zastudil to consider
"There is but one thing of real value: to cultivate truth and justice and to live without anger in the midst of lying and unjust men"

-Marcus Aurelius
British_Pharaoh
Tony Sipp IS HERE!

Favorite Player: Michael Brantley
Least Favorite Player: Alexei Ramirez

Unread postby SOBO » Tue Dec 05, 2006 11:39 am

I was voting for the Pro Bowl just yesterday, and I think we'll be lucky if we get one.

Granted there should be three, but since we're the Browns, one is the only possible target.

Zastudil as good as he is, isn't even in the equation because Shane Lechler plays in the AFC and is clearly the best punter in the game.

Winslow has the best shot since people actually know of him, but he's bound to lose out still on name recognition. Tony Gonzalez is a lock, and the other will likely be Gates.

Sean Jones is the one who surprised me looking at the ballot because statistically he's every bit as good as any other SS in the AFC this year. Problem here again is that he's flying under the radar and not a household name. If people voted on play and statistics (as they should) then he would have a shot; but they don't.

Cribbs should easily make it, but there is a tendency for him to get lost in the shuffle. Simply because he's not in there as a returner, and the special teamer category is about as random as it gets for the average fan voting. So he has a shot; but I bet a slim one.

When it's all said and done, I just want to get one guy in even though we probably deserve three.
SOBO
NFL Draft Guru

Unread postby yogi » Tue Dec 05, 2006 1:48 pm

We may get another one or two in on the alternate list.

If injury happens, alternate goes and is considered an All-Pro.

I bet Jones and Winslow are named as alternates.
yogi
Jersey Accent

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL