Text Size

Cleveland Browns & The NFL

Jimmah quits already...

Talk Browns football and discuss the NFL here.

Moderators: peeker643, jb, swerb, pup

Re: Jimmah quits already...

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:46 am

It is getting hard to keep track. I'm not gonna lie.

Like I said, on these boards you're either Jerry or Randy.

I'd like it if we could all agree to simply focus our hatred on the old, stupid rookie QB who looked like a trapped miner under a huge ceremonial flag less than 6 months ago please. :hide:

I also look forward to everyone either pimping or hating Jimmah for a variety of reasons to to break down specifically how many hours and how much attention he should devote to this team now that he's hired (for better or worse) his staff. You want him actively poring over free agent guards? Should he be walking the complex in Berea looking for bare spots on the outside fields and wear spots on the inside fields.

What do you guys want him to do? How much time should he spend in Berea and on the draft/free agency/stadium operations/game day experience?

Seriously. I'm asking for real just how much time and presence successful owners put in and how it's divided on a daily or weekly basis.

Because I honestly don't know and apparently I should so I can be happy or upset about this.

Thanks

ETA- Oh, I guess I can understand those thrilled with the Banner/Lombardi/Chud choices really wanting the guy who made those calls to be in Berea 80 hours a week and keeping his nose on the brown and orange grindstone. But for those less than enamored with the choices, you're sure you're upset about this? Might be another thing I need explained.

Anyone have the Rooneys or Mara's daily itineraries or time cards? The Bidwells or Browns? I'd like to see how it plays out and if there's a correlation between winning and how much time is spent trying to .
"Great minds think alike. The opposite is also true."

"None of us is as dumb as all of us."

I'm on Twitter at http://twitter.com/peeker643
peeker643
Duly Noted

Favorite Player: Smokey Rowe
Least Favorite Player: Dingle Stetson

Unread postby pup » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:58 am

Stop it Peeker.
Home Run Leaders as RHB 5/7/13

Mark Reynolds (10)
pup
Closet Shapiro Fan

Favorite Player: Vince Shubrownicek
Least Favorite Player: Any other coach

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:03 am

I can't say any more clearly how much more I prefer a hands off owner like Jammies.

I just find this hilarious attention whoring and fan jizz collecting coming from the Redneck, well, hilarious.
“Irony is wasted on the stupid” - Oscar Wilde
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Favorite Player: Prosecutor
Least Favorite Player: motherscratcher

Unread postby jb » Wed Feb 13, 2013 12:59 pm

He said he'd still be involved and up-to-speed on decisions. Like this:

Trey: "Hold on, gotta grab this call, y'all. Its a 216 number. Don't cha y'all go anywhere."

Banner: "Hi Jim, how's it going today. I wanted to keep you in the loop on a couple decisions."

Trey: "Good JB. Hey, Joe Billy, you said the price of light sweet crude it rising to WHAT?! That's gonna jack our fuel margin for the week if Tits & A$$ stops don't raise like we need to do today to stay in front o fthe refineries' reaction. Get our guys there to check their prices in Arkansas, ASAP, now will yah? Yeah, um, John, what's up?"

Banner: "It's "Joe". But that's OK. Hey, Wallace, Krueger, and Ellerbee's agents laughed and hung up when Mike reached out. Something about snowballs and hell. We may have to just build through the draft. That likely means a 5 year rebuilding plan as we just cut that bum Weeden and let a few vets go that wanted contracts with raises. If they were any good, Heckert would have never picked them. I'm so much more intelligent that he is you know. Mike says its the right move when I confabbed with him in our new personnel tiger team arragement. I created a tiger team of just Mike and I to mak ethe decisions. See how efficient and brilliant I am? I'm going to send you our new decision making flow chart in MS Visio but I can also convert that to a PDF if you wish, Jim. I named our tiger team the..."

Trey: (Cuts Banner off) "Yeah, OK, Matt says we'll build through the draft. OK there Johnny. Can you get a text off to my PR guru so I get that in my talking points for next presser? Oscar Meyer wants to charge us WHAT for their cheese dogs now?!? Screw them. Get me Hygrades on the line and that yankee I sh!+canned from Pepsi who was gummin um our program here. Couldn't let what my Daddy and me built go down the old sh!+hole. That soda yankee didn't know sh!+ from shinola from diesel. Need to see what a re-brand would cost to using Ballpark weenies."

Banner: "Uh, Jimmy, we want to draft Matthieu if he's there on day two. The young man allegedly had a little problem with the white horse but he's clean now. Do you have any concerns?"

Trey: "White horse? Well, was it anything like your old quarteback and dogs? If so, call our corporate relations guy to head it off at the pass, Kimosabe. But the fans up there accepted your good old boy Matt back, and he's a lyin' slimey prick, so they'll pretty much buy anything for now. Do what you want to do. I gotta get back to this taquito's issue here, John. Sales of my little taquitos on those nifty custom made for Pilot rolling heaters are down in region 2, and that's a key market for us with taquitos. May need to explore replacing the beans with some guac. My VP for Snack Foods says guac is the new chipotle this year. Did you know that Johnny? You know how big chipotle seasoning was in 2010? Snacky Veep says if we can get the sceince right to keep guac fresh without causing food poisoning that this will be HUGE! HUGE! Gotta stay cutting edge there. I'll catch yah later old buddy. Do whatever you think is best. The other half is up there decorting our game weekend home in Bratwood up there near the lake, so if you need anything, give honey bunches a call now will y'all?"

Banner: "Uh, it's "Mike", Jimmy. Not "Matt". And I'm "Joe".

Trey: Dial tone..
jb

Favorite Player: Daddy Rich / Carwa$h
Least Favorite Player: Hines Ward

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:06 pm

If you had written taquiters intead of taquitos that would be perfect. Golfclap regardless.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:33 pm

Two different issues IMO.

Lee's 'hypocrisy' angle has some validity. The way Haslam came in, blew hard, and left, only to convene with ABJ and PD to assuage peoples' fears.

But as to the jb post (which was great, btw), couldn't someone make the same argument about Arthur Blank (who no longer is CEO of Home Depot but is CEO of one company and serves on the BoD's of about four others)?

What about Robert Kraft who's still the CEO of Kraft and the Mac & Cheese funnies?

We can bitch about the choices and what may be if Banner is making football decisions. We can bitch about Lombardi and his being basically blackballed for 5 years before finding someone dopey enough to give him a job.

But those results have yet to play out, even if we're holding our breath as to how they may.

But one thing you will not hear is that Banner is a bad business guy. On the contrary, even those who dislike him and think he's a joke as a football guy ALL hail his business acumen.

So the owner comes in and hires a business guy and then hires a coach and a front office guy as well as a capologist before he goes back to doing what made him successful, all while (needlessly) advising everyone he will still be heavily involved.

Until they gag on the personnel choices and on the field I'm just not inclined to complain about him doing other things, like most other owners do.

If we're complaining he's a blowhard and a snake oil salesman and you can't believe him when he speaks, well, again that doesn't separate him from 90% of the owners in any professional sport.

Just my $0.02.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jb » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:46 pm

peeker643 wrote:
What about Robert Kraft who's still the CEO of Kraft and the Mac & Cheese funnies?

Appropos of nada on this topic, this is one of my fav urban legends:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Kraft_Group

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Robert_Kraft

http://www.forbes.com/profile/irene-rosenfeld/
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:47 pm

"Pass me one of dem der taquiters yall!"

I've never had more fun saying a word than I currently am repeating taquiters to myself.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 1:55 pm

jb wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Irene Rosenfeld is NOT a striking woman. In fact, she looks a lot like Norv Turner.

And I stand corrected. Sub out paper and packaging supplies for Mac & Cheese.

But I did learn something today which is appreciated.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jb » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:09 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:"Pass me one of dem der taquiters yall!"

I've never had more fun saying a word than I currently am repeating taquiters to myself.

Word, Cotton.

"Dem tasty lil taquiters..."

I have more of a W Bush voice in my head than a Tesnnesee southern accent.
jb

Unread postby jb » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:11 pm

peeker643 wrote:
jb wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

Irene Rosenfeld is NOT a striking woman. In fact, she looks a lot like Norv Turner.

I channell Lee on all of this. Every single bit.

To be fair, rho, having a holding company is different from being a CEO, though.
jb

Unread postby justmebd » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:34 pm

I still think this is the biggest non-story of the week.
justmebd

Favorite Player: Gary Gygax
Least Favorite Player: Heinz Field Occupant

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:41 pm

jb wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
jb wrote:
peeker643 wrote:

I channell Lee on all of this. Every single bit.

To be fair, rho, having a holding company is different from being a CEO, though.

Fair enough. But would it also be fair to say 90% of these guys have serious responsibilities in addition to their football teams? And that hiring people to run them effectively was the primary role of the owner? because I can't help but feel people are playing a bit if battered wife syndrome with Jimmy.

The last guy raised his hand and hit us. This guy just raised his hand because he was stretching and people are cowering behind a couch...

Not saying that's what's up. Just saying I think we're making too many assumptions about what's up and attaching added significance because of the last dude's absenteeism.

YMMV and, as always, I may be wrong with extreme prejudice.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:46 pm

Hypocrisy, attention whoring and lying are all very important data points. This guys six months into his tenure and his not only hit the trifecta, he hit that bitch 750 yards (I'll take mixed analogies for $1000 Alex).
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 2:55 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:Hypocrisy, attention whoring and lying are all very important data points. This guys six months into his tenure and his not only hit the trifecta, he hit that bitch 750 yards (I'll take mixed analogies for $1000 Alex).

Okay. Like I said, you may be dead right.

Still, why should I care about that when it puts him squarely in line with every other owner of every other sport, give or take 10-15%?

Funny and ironic? Agreed.

In and of itself a cause for concern? Not for me. Bigger liars, attention whores and hypocrites have won Super Bowls, NBA titles and World Series. Many have done so while running companies and serving on numerous BoDs.

I just think it's much ado about nothing in a city that has a shitload of self-esteem, abandonment and identity issues.

And again, to be clear, has nothing to do with what I think about the moves (didn't like any of them). Just think this piling on... meh...I'm fine with it if it's a personal thing with him. Just can't convince me it means dick in terms of the team itself.

I'm done on this. Hate being on the same side of the argument as Pup :lmfao:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:01 pm

peeker643 wrote: But would it also be fair to say 90% of these guys have serious responsibilities in addition to their football teams? And that hiring people to run them effectively was the primary role of the owner? because I can't help but feel people are playing a bit if battered wife syndrome with Jimmy.

The last guy raised his hand and hit us. This guy just raised his hand because he was stretching and people are cowering behind a couch...

Not saying that's what's up. Just saying I think we're making too many assumptions about what's up and attaching added significance because of the last dude's absenteeism.

YMMV and, as always, I may be wrong with extreme prejudice.

Try this angle.

People think that Haslam fucked up royally hiring Banner, who turned around and proved his worthlessness by then hiring Lombardi.

Because they're stuck with him, people don't want to believe that the new owner is really this stupid (because if he is then it's just more of the same for eternity), so they're hoping he's just naive.

And if he spends enough time in Berea watching these guys work, he'll realize that and shitcan them and get some guys in here that the fans like.

People are fine with him flying off and becoming invisible as he runs Truck Stop Empire and leaving the team in the hands of the football people, just so long as it's GOOD football people.

Just a theory - this isn't how I feel necessarily. My belief is that HE sucks and shitcanning Banner/Lombardi won't make him suck less in his next choice (thus the comparison to Randy). It'd be nice if he turns out to be a great decision maker but I'd be shocked.
It's only progress if you eventually get somewhere.
Hikohadon

Favorite Player: Scotch
Least Favorite Player: Gin

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:10 pm

I acknowledged that part of it, Chris. I understand that and have the same fears about who he hired.

But again, he came in, bought the team, made his choices, fixed some shit, maximized some revenue opportunities, got shit 'squared away' in his mind and is now back at his other job.

I have no issue with people thinking he's a dope for who he hired.

I just don't see him not standing behind those idiots all day and instead sitting in his Flying J offices any issue at all.

Like any owner he's now accountable for the decisions he made and we'll see what that brings in starting in September. Him sleeping on a cot in Berea in the room next to Lombardi's ain't changing that.

There are people afraid/pissed specifically because he took back his old gig. I'm just not one of them at all and have no issue/fear with that part. I have a lot of issues with the guys he hired but he did that AFTER spending 100 hours a week looking at the organization.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:16 pm

peeker643 wrote:But again, he came in, bought the team, made his choices, fixed some shit, maximized some revenue opportunities, got shit 'squared away' in his mind and is now back at his other job.

I think people are just bitching about the fact that he feels that shit is "squared away" as he left it.

It's frustration from the feeling "We finally got rid of Randy and we get THIS guy?"

Most of the guys I've seen post negatively on this are just doing it to throw some shit at the guy cuz they feel he's a bumblefuck. Like you with Weeden - any opportunity to mock the prick is go time.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:43 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:But again, he came in, bought the team, made his choices, fixed some shit, maximized some revenue opportunities, got shit 'squared away' in his mind and is now back at his other job.

I think people are just bitching about the fact that he feels that shit is "squared away" as he left it.

It's frustration from the feeling "We finally got rid of Randy and we get THIS guy?"

Most of the guys I've seen post negatively on this are just doing it to throw some shit at the guy cuz they feel he's a bumblefuck. Like you with Weeden - any opportunity to mock the prick is go time.

With the difference being Weeden had a chance to display his wares on the field. I guess that's the point.

I didn't like that pick (in case you missed that) but until he got onto the field I had nothing to really judge him on NFL-wise. I didn't like it, understood that it didn't matter til the games started and I ended up hating it.

With Jimmuh's choice it's similar in that I dislike his choices. But there's nothing in terms of actual performance in those roles that we have to go on yet. They haven't come up to bat because the game is just now starting.

But hating on Jimmuh for going to do CEO shit is kinda like hating on Weeden for being married in college. It just has nothing to do with anything on the field IMO.

Dude thinks he fixed shit just like people thought Weeden would fix a position. Guess we can lean one way or other on all of that but September will tell us for sure.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby motherscratcher » Wed Feb 13, 2013 3:49 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

With the difference being Weeden had a chance to display his wares on the field. I guess that's the point.

I didn't like that pick (in case you missed that) but until he got onto the field I had nothing to really judge him on NFL-wise. I didn't like it, understood that it didn't matter til the games started and I ended up hating it.

With Jimmuh's choice it's similar in that I dislike his choices. But there's nothing in terms of actual performance in those roles that we have to go on yet. They haven't come up to bat because the game is just now starting.

But hating on Jimmuh for going to do CEO shit is kinda like hating on Weeden for being married in college. It just has nothing to do with anything on the field IMO.

Dude thinks he fixed shit just like people thought Weeden would fix a position. Guess we can lean one way or other on all of that but September will tell us for sure.

OK...I'm with you fellas

http://youtu.be/9xJkUyotSc4
According to my sources CDT farts in the tub and bites the bubbles.
motherscratcher
Little Larry Sellers

Favorite Player: Ernie Camacho
Least Favorite Player: Jose Mesa

Unread postby Hikohadon » Wed Feb 13, 2013 5:24 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

You bitched and bitched about Weeden long before he took the field to demonstrate the shortcomings that you were certain that he had.

I feel the same way about Haslam.

Problem is that Weeden will probably be gone soon, but I can't say the same about Jim Bob.

I don't really care about Haslam going to do the CEO shit. It's just him getting trapped under a flag - something that means nothing that gives me an opportunity to further mock his suckitude.
Hikohadon

Unread postby mattvan1 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 6:52 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

Is Haslam going to suit up come September? His "field", as it were, is in the corner office on Lou Groza Blvd, and the dumpster fire of executive decisions he's made over the past few months. And while the results on the field may, through some type of Divine Intervention ("That's right! God came down from Heaven and stopped those mutherfucking bullets!") be favorable, he's already been trapped under the flag, shit the bed, screwed the pooch, spanked the monkey, and generally made a mess of things.

Plus, what Hiko wrote. And BTW, "bumblefuck" is sadly under-utilized in every day correspondence.
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:27 pm

mattvan1 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

Is Haslam going to suit up come September? His "field", as it were, is in the corner office on Lou Groza Blvd, and the dumpster fire of executive decisions he's made over the past few months. And while the results on the field may, through some type of Divine Intervention ("That's right! God came down from Heaven and stopped those mutherfucking bullets!") be favorable, he's already been trapped under the flag, shit the bed, screwed the pooch, spanked the monkey, and generally made a mess of things.

Plus, what Hiko wrote. And BTW, "bumblefuck" is sadly under-utilized in every day correspondence.

In a sense, yes he is going to suit up in September. What his hires put on the field is a direct representation of his decisions and he'll be accountable then. And if by some miracle his two hires get it right this is all really going to seem stupid.

It's already ridiculous to be making this kind of noise about the Flying J stuff though. Not about the Banner/Lombardi/Chud thing. I'm on board with that being a clusterfuck in the making and I agree with y'all on it.

But I don't care where he sits from 7am-6pm at this point. Why anyone does is beyond me. The Banner/Lombardi/Chud fiasco is done and over with. He could spend the next 6 straight months never leaving his Berea office and it won't mean anything in regard to that and if he's actively choosing free agents and being vocal in the draft room it's way worse than him restocking Slurpee machines.

And yes, your starting QB actually getting trapped under the biggest freaking flag in the country is exactly the same as your owner not being in Berea in February. :lmfao:

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:27 pm

justmebd wrote:I still think this is the biggest non-story of the week.

Heh...anything to create traffic..... eh peeks?
Fire Marshall Bill 2.0

Favorite Player: Killer Bean
Least Favorite Player: Alleghany Inbreds

Unread postby peeker643 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:37 pm

Fire Marshall Bill 2.0 wrote:
justmebd wrote:I still think this is the biggest non-story of the week.

Heh...anything to create traffic..... eh peeks?

There's that.

But I didn't start this shitstorm ;-) ;) :wink:

Someone put a tail on Bisciotti and see if he's still only going to the Ravens offices three days a week during the season. Cuz ya ain't winning anything slacking around like that.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 10:39 pm

And Jimmah deserves every single bit of the shitstorm he's getting, because if he never fake quits to grandstand no one even thinks twice about this.

Something... something... digging own grave... something
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby mattvan1 » Wed Feb 13, 2013 11:19 pm

peeker643 wrote:
mattvan1 wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

In a sense, yes he is going to suit up in September. What his hires put on the field is a direct representation of his decisions and he'll be accountable then. And if by some miracle his two hires get it right this is all really going to seem stupid.

It's already ridiculous to be making this kind of noise about the Flying J stuff though. Not about the Banner/Lombardi/Chud thing. I'm on board with that being a clusterfuck in the making and I agree with y'all on it.

But I don't care where he sits from 7am-6pm at this point. Why anyone does is beyond me. The Banner/Lombardi/Chud fiasco is done and over with. He could spend the next 6 straight months never leaving his Berea office and it won't mean anything in regard to that and if he's actively choosing free agents and being vocal in the draft room it's way worse than him restocking Slurpee machines.

And yes, your starting QB actually getting trapped under the biggest freaking flag in the country is exactly the same as your owner not being in Berea in February. :lmfao:

You have me confused with some other guy. Haslam could be on Jupiter for all I care. In fact, the guy could never set foot in the state of Ohio again. He's an asswipe politician who made decisions so bad he makes Randy's hires seem like Lombardi. Yes, we'll wait and see. Give it time. I need to see FA and the draft and the X games and and and and and and maybe this time Lucy won't pull the football away.

Divine Intervention is all we have left. Maybe the new Pope will be a Browns fan?
I don't need to be patient, they're going to be shit forever.
- CDT, discussing my favorite NFL team
mattvan1

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 10:35 am

Last paragraph was for Hiko. He's still stinging and acting out over the whole flag thing. It's no big deal as the next big, tall, goofy dude that ain't Colt will get his attention and love. :hide: And I just don't have as much time (or desire) for individual responses right now.

Y'all need to try and sort them out. ;-) ;) :wink:

And I do agree with you and Lee. The guy appears to be a self promoting, toolbox who makes poor decisions.

Another reason I really wish he was dedicating every second possible to meddling with the team and making more decisions.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:45 am

peeker643 wrote:Last paragraph was for Hiko. He's still stinging and acting out over the whole flag thing. It's no big deal as the next big, tall, goofy dude that ain't Colt will get his attention and love. :hide: And I just don't have as much time (or desire) for individual responses right now.

And I do agree with you and Lee. The guy appears to be a self promoting, toolbox who makes poor decisions.

Another reason I really wish he was dedicating every second possible to meddling with the team and making more decisions.

Sigh. For you, reading is like watching soap operas in German. You have a vague idea of what's going on, but that's about it.
Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 11:55 am

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:Last paragraph was for Hiko. He's still stinging and acting out over the whole flag thing. It's no big deal as the next big, tall, goofy dude that ain't Colt will get his attention and love. :hide: And I just don't have as much time (or desire) for individual responses right now.

Sigh. For you, reading is like watching soap operas in German. You have a vague idea of what's going on, but that's about it.

Here we go! Another reading comprehension lesson from Flag Man. The guy who defends an obvious mistake (even to someone as dense as me) with misplaced Haslam hate and then tells me I don't get it. Yaaaaaaaawnnnn!! I get it fine, sir. I got it fine last March and April and I get it fine now.

Conjure up another scarecrow. This one's effing dull!!!!

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Feb 14, 2013 12:16 pm

peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

Here we go! Another reading comprehension lesson from Flag Man. The guy who defends an obvious mistake (even to someone as dense as me) with misplaced Haslam hate and then tells me I don't get it. Yaaaaaaaawnnnn!! I get it fine, sir. I got it fine last March and April and I get it fine now.

That's funny. I was planning on telling you that once Weeden is gone, you're gonna have to build a new straw man.

You get nothing and like it.

Hikohadon

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 2:53 pm

Hikohadon wrote:
peeker643 wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

That's funny. I was planning on telling you that once Weeden is gone, you're gonna have to build a new straw man.

You get nothing and like it.

"Now that your husband's dead maybe you now be irrationally paranoid about something other than assassins, huh Mrs. Lincoln?"

Here's how you and I are going to move on, sir. We meet at Wright Place again for the draft, invite moscratcher to come and then we curb stomp him. I mean, we take out 40 years of frustration on that dentist's grill and on the front of his car too.

Then we have a few beers.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:02 pm

Come to think of it, we'll probably be in complete agreement that we hate the Banner pick. Maybe we can save moscratcher the pain.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby Hikohadon » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:11 pm

peeker643 wrote:"Now that your husband's dead maybe you now be irrationally paranoid about something other than assassins, huh Mrs. Lincoln?"

Here's how you and I are going to move on, sir. We meet at Wright Place again for the draft, invite moscratcher to come and then we curb stomp him. I mean, we take out 40 years of frustration on that dentist's grill and on the front of his car too.

Then we have a few beers.

I was assuming we'd have a few beers headstomping or no.

Most of this is just manufactured for our adoring public anyway. ;-) ;) :wink:
Hikohadon

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 3:11 pm

You two just really need to eff and get it over with.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby peeker643 » Thu Feb 14, 2013 4:19 pm

e0y2e3 wrote:You two just really need to eff and get it over with.

It amuses me that suddenly you're worried about swearing.

Seriously, that's funny.

Now go write your fiction or sweat out some snowflakes falling on the east coast, Phucko. :tfh:

And don't pretend like you don't wann be part of a motherscratcher beat down.

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jb » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:02 pm

peeker643 wrote:Fair enough. But would it also be fair to say 90% of these guys have serious responsibilities in addition to their football teams? And that hiring people to run them effectively was the primary role of the owner?

Of course. In reality you 100% are right.

But my reality is that when it comes to anything Browns' related my Give a Damn is completely totaled like as if a Rooskie chopper in a Rambo sequel. I could give a flying freak rat's ass what the bumblefucks do. I am 100% convinced these two clowns that Trey put in charge and took off for Jimmuh Dean sausage country are gonna screw this pooch like as if its in a Mike Vick (TM) rape cage on roofies.

So I don't really care if Trey sleeps in a cot in Joe Thomas' locker or if he's our hittin' hookers in Vegas 24/7. He's already shown me all I need to know by his horrible senior management decisions, his attention whoring, and his abdication is just the joke cherry on the shit sundae.

Joe Banner built a really nice stadiium and screwed over vets for contracts in Philly much to the consternation of Reid while he wasn't starting needless in fighting shivving Heckert to get Howie in charge of players to shove his hand up his butt like an NFL Jim Henson. He has no record at player personnel.

So he installs Mike Lombardi, arguably the worst GM candidate this side of Matt Millen in the past 2 decades to be his sattillite nation like he's the USSR and Lombardi is the Polish premier in 1947.

Ergo, (I like to use the word "ergo" so it makes me seem as smart as banner thinks he is) I could care less.

There's always the Clowney sweepstakes.

But Hiko's use of Bumblefucks inspires me.

I replaced the original lyrics of the theme song to the Amazing Spiderman cartoons with "Bumble Fucks". Goes like this:

Bumblefucks, bumlefucks.
Does whatever a Bumblefuck.

Bumblefucks, bumble fucks, bumble bumble bumble fucks.

Look out, here come the bumble fucks.
jb

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:13 pm

I'd appreciate an owner that made no bones about his NFL franchise being a toy and instead of lording over it and presenting mission statements instead spent 24/7 in Vegas hitting blow and bitches.

Honesty like that would be refreshing in the league.

It's also illegal per the "Old Man Governing System".

Hell even a screaming tyranical little cyst like Gilbert would probably be barred from America's most exclusive Old Man's Club.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:16 pm

peeker643 wrote:
e0y2e3 wrote:You two just really need to eff and get it over with.

It amuses me that suddenly you're worried about swearing.

Seriously, that's funny.

The pent up sexual frustration between the two of you doesn't warrant enough of an emotional response from me to deliver a full "fuck". That's reserved for special stupidity, like that fucking SEC Is Overrated because of ESPN argument.
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby jb » Fri Feb 15, 2013 4:30 pm

Hikohadon wrote:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/will-storr-the-heretics--journalists-explores--why-facts-don-t-work--with--enemies-of-science--114518590.html#xdbCrEa
jb

Unread postby peeker643 » Sat Feb 16, 2013 12:11 am

Which group are the Weeden supporters in and which group are the people who don't care where Jimmah's office is in? I'm confused.

jb wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

;-) ;) :wink:

http://uk.news.yahoo.com/will-storr-the-heretics--journalists-explores--why-facts-don-t-work--with--enemies-of-science--114518590.html#xdbCrEa

peeker643
Duly Noted

Unread postby jb » Mon Feb 18, 2013 12:20 pm

peeker643 wrote:Which group are the Weeden supporters in and which group are the people who don't care where Jimmah's office is in? I'm confused.

jb wrote:
Hikohadon wrote:

That, good sir, would require a modicum of "Give-a-damn" which I have not.

All I know for sure right now is I am not a Gino Smith supporter.

These two bumblefucks scream a pick of Kivi Mingo Wimbley and his 13 or whatever career sacks.

So we got that goin for us, which is nice.
jb

Unread postby gotribe31 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 12:49 pm

Browns announce that PSL's will be no more. Good riddance. I can imagine those that already own them are pissed though, as it's not like they're issuing immediate refunds for existing PSL's.
You cannot help men permanently by doing for them what they could and should do for themselves
-----Abe Lincoln

Let me tell you, if any of you douchebag empty headed stuffed suit nanny politicians tries to fuck with my bacon, I’m going after you like a crazed chimpanzee on bath salts.
-----Lars
gotribe31

Favorite Player: Francisco Lindor
Least Favorite Player: Michigan

Unread postby danwismar » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:15 pm

Well, as I understand it, that's not exactly what they announced. They have never charged PSL's for Dawg Pound. Now they say they will not require them for certain other sections where season tickets are available. I have never tested it myself, but I'm told the market for Browns STH's trying to sell their PSL's these days is pretty soft...and now certainly to get softer.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Unread postby danwismar » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:23 pm

Stand corrected. Seems that for all practical purposes, they're done with them. New STH's will not be required to buy them regardless of where the seats are. My two were discounted from $800 each to $500 each based on my nine years of pre-CBS tenure, so I'm just pissing $1000 down the drain....along with 14 more years of fall Sunday afternoons.

I love how they say in the article...

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/20 ... dump-psls/

...that we remain owners of the PSL's, "which can be bought and sold"

I guess I would ask...to whom, exactly? What sucker, born yesterday, will be a potential PSL buyer from a private owner?

I guess I'm (half-seriously) asking for some tax advice here, from anyone qualified to provide it...is there a write-off available to me for having my $1000 "asset" depreciate to basically zero on the basis of this announcement?

I get the thinking behind the policy, but it does screw over the core, loyal ticket-buying fans of the team.

Unlike lots of folks, I have never objected to the concept of PSL's. There is no end to the whining about things like sales taxes or sin taxes to fund the building of sports facilities...for the completely understandable reason that many people are taxed who do not follow the team or make any use of the facility...and the nebulous "community benefits" have been shown to be a farce by many studies.

At least with PSL's, the people who use the facility are the ones being asked to pay for it, which always made all kinds of sense to me, and addresses the arguments of the previous paragraph.
Last edited by danwismar on Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"I believe it is the nature of the human species to reject what is true but unpleasant and to embrace what is obviously false but comforting." H.L. Mencken

Dan's OSU Links - http://bit.ly/1o9DwFo
danwismar

Unread postby e0y2e3 » Tue Mar 05, 2013 1:49 pm

LOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOLOL

:lmfao:

Cleveland: "Thank you sir! May I have another!"
e0y2e3
Et Tu, Brute?

Unread postby YahooFanChicago » Fri Mar 08, 2013 1:08 am

Does this mean when (or IF) we are good again in about 10 years they can bring back some other form of "PSL" and rake in another boat load of money? Not that I am cynical or anything

Gee Miss Crabtree, you're even pretier 'n Miss McGuilacutty...
YahooFanChicago

Favorite Player: Miss Crabtree
Least Favorite Player: Chubsy Wubsy

Unread postby jb » Fri Mar 08, 2013 5:53 pm

F the PSL.

Now installed in every section & free with every season ticket plan.

jb

Previous

Return to Cleveland Browns & The NFL